You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately i cant either...

scaled.php?server=96&filename=newpicture3n.png&res=medium

scaled.php?server=4&filename=newpicture4mo.png&res=medium

scaled.php?server=213&filename=newpicture5y.png&res=medium

Sorry I should of made it a bit more obvious what I meant.

There is loads of players ie like Fowler who have had great send offs.

The reason Suarez hit me as unique,is unlike other players send offs which are done on a match day,his wasnt.

The fans have come just for him and not t o watch a game as well.

Heh, you're kidding aren't you mate? Dressing room racial tensions are widely considered to be one of the reasons thir national side won fuck all for years. They've got a powerful far right and anti-muslim element in Holland. Just because you get stoned in public it doesn't make you a nice man.

There will always be dickheads causing a stir.

I think the fact they were a bunch of bottlers was the bigger reason for winning nothing.

The reason Suarez hit me as unique,is unlike other players send offs which are done on a match day,his wasnt.

that was after a match.

So much wrong in that post, you must be on a wind up....

Seeing that picture and saying Fowler got a 'great send off'?

Thinking Suarez's Ajax teammates got fully kitted out to spend 5 minutes waving goodbye to him?

HOPE not hate blog: EDL plan violent assault on Ajax fans

1598_1462.jpg

Few people will ever forget the scenes in Amsterdam back in October 2010. The mighty EDL were chased out of town and humiliated by Dutch antifascists and a gang drawn from supporters of the Ajax football club.

Tommy and his gang were in town to throw their weight around at an international rally where Robinson was billed to be the main speaker.

The decision by Tommy Robinson and co to hide behind a gang of thugs linked to Ajax's hated rivals Feyenoord was the catalyst for the Ajax fans to get involved.

Despite promises by some 200 English supporters of the EDL to attend, only sixty people from across Europe finally made it to the disastrous rally. A small group of about a dozen EDL got too drunk the night before to get out of bed the next morning. This left Tommy with only a minibus load of his nearest and dearest.

Now it seems the EDL are planning revenge. Ajax of Amsterdam are due in Manchester on the 23rd of this month for the return leg of their Europa Cup tie against Manchester United.

The EDL are now asking their supporters to go to Manchester and "extened the same courtesy" to Ajax fans.

No doubt this would mean the drunken idiots attacking as many young children as they can.

Ajax fans: loved by Suarez; hated by the EDL.

HOPE not hate blog: EDL plan violent assault on Ajax fans

1598_1462.jpg

Few people will ever forget the scenes in Amsterdam back in October 2010. The mighty EDL were chased out of town and humiliated by Dutch antifascists and a gang drawn from supporters of the Ajax football club.

Tommy and his gang were in town to throw their weight around at an international rally where Robinson was billed to be the main speaker.

The decision by Tommy Robinson and co to hide behind a gang of thugs linked to Ajax's hated rivals Feyenoord was the catalyst for the Ajax fans to get involved.

Despite promises by some 200 English supporters of the EDL to attend, only sixty people from across Europe finally made it to the disastrous rally. A small group of about a dozen EDL got too drunk the night before to get out of bed the next morning. This left Tommy with only a minibus load of his nearest and dearest.

Now it seems the EDL are planning revenge. Ajax of Amsterdam are due in Manchester on the 23rd of this month for the return leg of their Europa Cup tie against Manchester United.

The EDL are now asking their supporters to go to Manchester and "extened the same courtesy" to Ajax fans.

No doubt this would mean the drunken idiots attacking as many young children as they can.

Ajax fans: loved by Suarez; hated by the EDL.

Seems a bit wrong somehow as Ajax are well known to be supported by a major Jewish presence.

They even have a massive Israeli flag passed amongst the fans,there like the Spurs of Holland.

Ajax is popularly seen as having "Jewish roots", although not an official Jewish club like the city's nl: WV-HEDW Ajax has had a Jewish image since the 30s when the home stadium was located next to the Jewish neighbourhood of Amsterdam and opponents saw many supporters walking through this neighbourhood to get to the stadium.<sup id="cite_ref-13" class="reference">[14]</sup> Ajax fans (few of whom are actually Jewish<sup id="cite_ref-nyt_14-0" class="reference">[15]</sup>) responded by embracing Ajax's "Jewish" identity: calling themselves "super Jews", chanting "Jews, Jews" ("Joden, Joden") at games, and adopting Jewish symbols such as the Star of David and the Israeli flag.<sup id="cite_ref-nyt_14-1" class="reference">[15]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-understanding_15-0" class="reference">[16]</sup> Some sources say that Ajax fans began doing this after seeing Tottenham Hotspur fans employing similar symbolism.<sup id="cite_ref-monde_16-0" class="reference">[17]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-17" class="reference">[18]</sup> This Jewish imagery eventually became a central part of Ajax fans' culture.<sup id="cite_ref-understanding_15-1" class="reference">[16]</sup> At one point ringtones of "Hava Nagila", a Hebrew folk song, could be downloaded from the club's official website

I wonder which is correct.