You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

On a serious point, I think signing Djibril Cisse would be a wise move.

Cisse is certainly a fan and he is amazing in training according to someone I know, and he has scored 6 goals in 8 games for QPR this season.

• Upvote 1

Adam Johnson anyone? He's a big headed, ball greedy bastard and he might not ever be a world class player but he's a damn site better than any winger we have and he actually, you know, scores them goal thingys. Doubt any Champions League clubs would be in for him, doubt he wants to sit on the bench a City all next season and I reckon we'd get him for a lot cheaper than we picked Downing up for. Can play either wing too which is an advantage. Not the best winger in the world but realistically we could do a hell of a lot worse.

Looking at the relegated clubs I can only see two players worth considering, Jarvis at Wolves and Hoilett at Blackbun. Maybe Scott Dann as cover (but only cos he is a local boy). May be able to supplement the squad at reasonable cost.

Was tempted to add Robinson but I think Doni has proven himself as reasonable cover for Pepe.

Bit of bottom-feeding never hurt anyone.

The one player that I think we need more than any other is a clone of David Silva. Someone who will attack holding midfielders and get past them. It would create huge amounts of space for Carroll and Suarez. Similar to a player we used to have called Stevie G - but doesn't need to be as good as that.

Wheres John Stead nowadays ? he could do a job scored a goal every 10 games a few seasons back , could probably pick him up for £12/13 million to , a snip.

I'd prefer Michael Bridges and we could probably pick him up for under £10m, leaving us money to buy Grant Holt.

Holt and Bridges dream partnership.

I see this Rasmus Elm's not sure if he wants to leave AZ Alkmaar and is waiting till end of Euro's before making any decisions. JUst the right sort of qualities we need, someone in there comfort zone, and about the only Scando who wouldn't walk over hot coals to play in the red shirt! No thanks Kenneth!

The one player that I think we need more than any other is a clone of David Silva. Someone who will attack holding midfielders and get past them. It would create huge amounts of space for Carroll and Suarez. Similar to a player we used to have called Stevie G - but doesn't need to be as good as that.

not exactly a clone of Silva but could do a lot worse than offer silly money for Robben or Ribery

Villareal have just been relegated, and if we're on a tight budget, we could do a lot worse than G. Rossi.

Nevermind, just saw that hes done his cruciate and is out all summer.

Be happy for us to have a look at Zapata, Musacchio, Ruben, Valero and Cani as well. But more than any of them... Jefferson Montero.

I see this Rasmus Elm's not sure if he wants to leave AZ Alkmaar and is waiting till end of Euro's before making any decisions. JUst the right sort of qualities we need, someone in there comfort zone, and about the only Scando who wouldn't walk over hot coals to play in the red shirt! No thanks Kenneth!

Lets hope he does the right thing and stay at AZ Alkmaar.

Lots of reports last week that LFC wants young players, so I'd be surprised to see the likes of Berbatov, De Jong, and Defoe coming our way.

Same reports said LFC was looking at a 5 year plan to get back to the top 4.