You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

17 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Listened to little bits. But it seems to be more of a personal account (anecdotal which I know you love) 

When it comes to Jewish history, I’ve got the Escape Artist by Johnathan Freedman to get through first. 

These guys don’t think much of it though. 

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/article/david-baddiels-jews-dont-count-a-commentary/

Well it isn’t like that at all.  Just read it , it’s quite the eye opener.  

2 hours ago, Strontium said:

Rubbishing someone's anti-racism message because 30 years ago they told an inappropriate joke is definitely the content I am here for.

Oh yes. Rubbishing someone's lifelong commitment to anti-racism because they once commented on a Facebook post about a mural is how it's done properly.

47 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The title of that book is a load of bollocks for a start.  

It’s almost like you’re in the book.  

I get that lots don’t like Baddiel, I think he’s funny but that’s by the by. But read and listen to what he says.  I mean lots of other Jews say the same in the documentary, are they lying or making it up?   You wouldn’t question the experience of any other group.  Why’s that?  

Although the ‘gypo’ thread was up for years so maybe it’s understandable 

52 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Well it isn’t like that at all.  Just read it , it’s quite the eye opener.  

I prefer people reading to me, hence why I have only listened to it in bits. 

I can imagine it is in parts, but is it going to be any more eye opening (or ear opening in my case) than anything I have read/heard/watched about anti-semetism beforehand? From the bits I have heard, no it’s probably not. I am however open to that changing.

So actresses in Hollywood are never Jewish? 

I guess Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis, Scarlett Johanssen, Melanie Lauren, Jennifer Connelly, Kate Hudson, Sarah Michelle Geller, Gal Gadot, Rachel Weisz, Joan Rivers, Gwyneth Paltrot, Amanda Peet, Goldie Hawn, Eva Green....... none of these count right? 

Or is Sarah Silverman a grifter who is full of shit? 

I'm just wondering. 

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Why, what has she said? I'm not watching the show, didn't even remember it was on (which probably makes me anti-semitic).

I watched a bit of it, she was saying actresses who are jewish don't play the main role etc. Used examples of non jews playing jewish roles. Basically chatting absolute shit. 

How many Muslim women are in Hollywood? Or in main roles? Just a question. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I watched a bit of it, she was saying actresses who are jewish don't play the main role etc. Used examples of non jews playing jewish roles. Basically chatting absolute shit. 

How many Muslim women are in Hollywood? Or in main roles? Just a question. 

That’s not what she said.  

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

That’s not what she said.  

She was talking about non-Jewish actors routinely playing Jewish roles in a way that wouldn't be acceptable for (say) non-black actors playing black roles, or non-Hispanic actors playing Hispanic roles.

It's called acting. I saw a film where an actor played a person who had been stabbed to death - and he wasn't actually dead. I mean.  there are plenty of real shot up corpses they could have used.

Watched a bit of this Baddiel thing and it's laudable that he distances himself from Israel and its apartheid policies against Palestine and Palestinians. Yet his view that ant semitism isn't given enough condemnation compared to other forms of racism may well raise eyebrows amongst those who campaigned for Corbyn at the last general election. Seemed to be pretty well publicised then. Maybe he didn't read about it.