You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The morning after.....

Still think a fair result all round, and although for City, it puts us at a real disadvantage (and looking exceedingly difficult to overcome), there are SOME positives:

We played very badly, so we can hope to put in a better performance next time round. But beating Liverpool is never easy, to do so at Anfield would be a genuinely magnificent achievement. Liverpool to go through 2/1 on I'd say.

Johnson's tackle. Hmmmm bad tackle and no need to make it. You win some you lose some. Liverpool aren't at fault, neither are City. Simply a crap system for players where 'bad judgment' is ok. If a ref sees it and judges it badly, the FA can't do a thing. They should be able to. Ho hum though - it's the FA. Like all governing bodies - a joke.

Mancini's moaning?

I have sympathy for his gripe about inconsistency. He's right on that score. Although what he can do about it is beyond me.

Moaning about Rooney, or Johnson or whoever - understandable, but best to keep mouth shut. Pure and simple. If the FA are trying to stop players confronting the ref with moaning, then the managers have to set an example.

For me, it would just be better to say "at our club, we make mistakes like anybody, but it's our AIM to be great sportsmen in skill and behaviour. We don't like all decisions, we disagree with some of them, but we accept them with a good grace". If more managers could do the same, football would be a lot classier.

I don't wish to demean Cardiff or Palace... who COULD still go on to win it, but the chances are Liverpool will now win this trophy. Fully deserved I'd say for a steady progressive improvement since Kenny took over. Not perfect, but as much an improvement as any other team this season (possibly the most improved or a close runner).

On a side note (and this cuts both ways).... it just sound pathetic with City or Liverpool fans start with the 'we hate scousers / mancs' etc.

We want to beat Liverpool because they are one the greatest clubs this country has ever seen, and who'd NOT want to beat them? That's born of respect, not hatred.

I'd like to think Liverpool want to beat City because at this moment in time, City are the better team (generally speaking) and a club like Liverpool will always be hot on the heels of whoever happens to be just ahead of them... and fighting to get back to the number one position.

We don't have the history Liverpool have, so the 'respect' angle works too ways. You have to respect history and stature of great clubs, and equally, you have to respect the here and now of 'a fine team' whether we're around for 3 years or 30 years.

Looking forward to the return leg, and look forward to teaching my son the magnificence of Anfield.... for all the glory nights that have occurred there. THAT's what football is about... not to start mouthing off about 'top of the league' or 'hating' other fans that are a whopping 30 miles away.

A bit of old school class goes a long way!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note (and this cuts both ways).... it just sound pathetic with City or Liverpool fans start with the 'we hate scousers / mancs' etc.

We want to beat Liverpool because they are one the greatest clubs this country has ever seen, and who'd NOT want to beat them? That's born of respect, not hatred.

Maybe it's just me but I've never really had any bad feeling towards City fans. The red side of manchester is a different ball game altogether. Not only are the fans dirt but they are also the least knowledgeable fans I've ever come across. They suffer from terrible tunnel vision and just spit bile towards everyone. No class at all.

Good to see a footy fan like yourself posting sensibly on other teams forums. It adds another point of view that we don't often see.

I think that city have always been seen as a lot of peoples second favourite team, probably because of the blind hatred towards to dark side of Manchester. I have 3 close friends that are City fans, two are season ticket holders, and I can always have a good footy debate with them.

I fucking hate everyone!

Manchester city are no exception! I do want them to win the league though, and I do love watching them play, Silva and Kun are two of my favourite non Liverpool players. Fanchester seems sound.

I quite like Crewe, but that is about it really!

I fucking hate everyone!

Manchester city are no exception! I do want them to win the league though, and I do love watching them play, Silva and Kun are two of my favourite non Liverpool players. Fanchester seems sound.

I quite like Crewe, but that is about it really!

I'd prefer Spurs to win the league.

Man Shitty winning the league wuold be more proof - that we don't need - that any shit club can win trophies if a billionaire pumps enough money into it with a "money no object" approach to transfer fees and wages.

cf Chelsea.

Now obviously Chelsea are a more hateful club, but it's not that different really.

Nah, can't stand Arry!

And all the Cockney's will be unbearable. And Spurs haven't exactly used a homegrown collection of young inexpenssive players to get where they are!

When it comes right down to it. I couldn't give a fuck, outside United and the Shite, I would probably shrug my shoulders if anyone else wins it.

Spurs winning it just means Chas and Fucking Dave will be singing again!

They won't win it by the way, I predict a medium crash in the next month.

Spurs are better to watch as well.

Points to remember:

1) Mancini is a moaning, hypocritical card-waving fucking cunt

2) The amount of fucking horrible money-grubbing mercenary twats that play for them

3) Gary fucking Cook

4) The fucking "Poznan"

5) They're Mancs

In summary, Man Shitty can go and fuck themselves

Points to remember:

1) Mancini is a moaning, hypocritical card-waving fucking cunt

2) The amount of fucking horrible money-grubbing mercenary twats that play for them

3) Gary fucking Cook

4) The fucking "Poznan"

5) They're Mancs

In summary, Man Shitty can go and fuck themselves

Hard to argue with that list.

Except number 2. I don't blame their players for wanting to earn more, it is a short career. Especially as most of those players have actually moved to a bigger club with European football as a result.

Silva now gets to win trophies, something he didn't at Valencia.

Balotelli is now loved, when he was hated in Italy by both sets of fans.

City is definitely an upgrade from Villa for Barry. Same for Milner with Newcastle.

Not many (if any) players have taken a step down to earn more at City - Yaya Toure is probably the only one. But if he stayed at Barca, he probably wouldn't have been the regular he is at City.

Hard to argue with that list.

Not many (if any) players have taken a step down to earn more at City - Yaya Toure is probably the only one. But if he stayed at Barca, he probably wouldn't have been the regular he is at City.

Tevez and Toure went for the money, from bigger and better clubs.

Nasri turned down United because of the wages on offer at Shitty.

Tevez and Toure went for the money, from bigger and better clubs.

Nasri turned down United because of the wages on offer at Shitty.

Nasri has made the right decision looking at the league. He went to the better club in the future and got more money as a result - no brainer.

As I said with Toure, I don't blame him. He wasn't going to be a regular at Barca in midfield and he got to play regular football at City, with his brother and earn more - again a no brainer. Especially as he already had won everything at Barca.

Tevez - yeah he is a mercanary, I'll give you that! Such a shame, as he is a great player.

That would probably be the Vermillon Sports Bar towards the Gas Tower end of the ground.

Most City fans are fairly friendly when other fans aren't antogonistic. Same old rules I suppose - careful what you're saying and how you say it etc, but anybody would a brain would know this :-)

If you're coming tonight... enjoy it! Should be a cracker. I'm expecting a total humdinger, but just hope the ref doesn't get silly.

Went into Mary D's before the match. Wasn't hard to get in, only asked if we were City fans. Very subdued inside, no singing or anything, so we were sound.

As others have said, hope you stick around on here mate. Great post-match post from you too.

I work with a couple of City fans and what gets me is their new-found arrogance since they've been top of the table. They genuinely believed that beating them is the highlight of our season.

I was pretty confident last night, we didn't deserve 3-0 and probably would have got a result if Downing had scored, and we battered them at Anfield.

To be honest, they don't really feature of my radar like the derby or United does.

I hope we knock them out and they finish the season with nothing. Spurs fans are a pain in the arse but I wouldn't be too fussed if they ended up winning it. Then Harry can get the England job, Bale leaves for Barca, and they fall apart.

I'd prefer Spurs to win the league.

Man Shitty winning the league wuold be more proof - that we don't need - that any shit club can win trophies if a billionaire pumps enough money into it with a "money no object" approach to transfer fees and wages.

cf Chelsea.

Now obviously Chelsea are a more hateful club, but it's not that different really.

Spurs will fold, they always do. The team to beat is ManU, they're going through their bad patch right now, as are the other Mancs. Arsenal's done with theirs, we have, as well, Spurs will start losing pretty soon.

We have a good chance of top 4, the next three matches are crucial, and there is no reason why we can't win them all. ManC, well, they are exactly like Chelsea before, lots of money, representing what is wrong in football.