You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez suspension begin tonight

Ahmad Sufi

Fuming here.

An obvious travesty, and the club are accepting it to keep the peace. If I was Luis I would seriously be looking at options elsewhere.

When will we learn that trying to be nice to the FA / Fergies wine club / xenophobic media ain't going to make them like us?

Media (along with knobhead fans, a cuban heeled prick and snake oil salesmen) hounded out a Champions League winning manager, egged on by the bacon faced twat down the M62. Remember the clamour from the "establishment" for an English manager to be given a chance to manage one of the top clubs? Remember the comments from a senior player about wanting a manager who was liked by Fergies wine club? That turned out well, didn't it?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this decision is for the good of Liverpool Football Club. It's a shame that it came to this, but given the point at which we find ourselves, namely, a corrupt FA, who act as both judge and jury, then it is best to draw a line under it.

The timing isn't as bad as it could have been, and Suarez will be back for Spurs and Man Utd.

The statement showed enough disdain for the FA and Luis will know the club and fans fully support him. In the future I expect us to be more savvy when it comes to dealing with the FA, but I think this was the right decision, as we will get into a fight we cannot win, and our perception in the wider footballing world will be stained.

We draw a line under it and move on.

Fuming here.

An obvious travesty, and the club are accepting it to keep the peace. If I was Luis I would seriously be looking at options elsewhere.

When will we learn that trying to be nice to the FA / Fergies wine club / xenophobic media ain't going to make them like us?

Media (along with knobhead fans, a cuban heeled prick and snake oil salesmen) hounded out a Champions League winning manager, egged on by the bacon faced twat down the M62. Remember the clamour from the "establishment" for an English manager to be given a chance to manage one of the top clubs? Remember the comments from a senior player about wanting a manager who was liked by Fergies wine club? That turned out well, didn't it?

I feel very much the same, I don't understand how the club can square this one away.

Liverpool would have got nowhere with an appeal. Suarez would have ended up with a a ban of 10 or more matches for daring to do so. I think it's the right decision from the club.

Don't agree with that I'm afraid. There are many other courts that we could utilise to get to the truth of this matter.

I know that a lot of people will be upset by this view but by accepting the ruling the club and Suarez have accepted that Suarez is a Racist. It's 100% sure that other fans will look at it like that.

A Terrible decision by the club in my eyes.

I think this decision is for the good of Liverpool Football Club. It's a shame that it came to this, but given the point at which we find ourselves, namely, a corrupt FA, who act as both judge and jury, then it is best to draw a line under it.

The timing isn't as bad as it could have been, and Suarez will be back for Spurs and Man Utd.

The statement showed enough disdain for the FA and Luis will know the club and fans fully support him. In the future I expect us to be more savvy when it comes to dealing with the FA, but I think this was the right decision, as we will get into a fight we cannot win, and our perception in the wider footballing world will be stained.

We draw a line under it and move on.

I have to say that is a very distorted view of what has happened here - the club by accepting the ruling are agreeing that Suarez is racist - Every fan in the country will be saying that from this day on.

For a club that has claimed and is still claiming that he has done nothing wrong - we are losing him for EIGHT games, How can that be "a good thing for the club"?

gutted this has happened. Clearly You'll never walk alone is something we only say. This is a decision from the owners clearly. I reckon Suarez will leave at the end of the season and i don't blame him. The owners are spineless and unless we are signing two class players in Jan and they have decision on the stadium sorted this week then they can fuck off as far as i'm concerned.We should have appealed it

Patrice Evra you are a Pariah, may all footballers in the world view you as such, what happens on the football field stays there. Your act should be seen as indecent, a betrayal of the codes of all athletes, may karma visit you soon.

Karma is all well and good, but I'd rather he was visited by a quartet of menacing gentlemen wielding cricket bats.

I have to say that is a very distorted view of what has happened here - the club by accepting the ruling are agreeing that Suarez is racist - Every fan in the country will be saying that from this day on.

For a club that has claimed and is still claiming that he has done nothing wrong - we are losing him for EIGHT games, How can that be "a good thing for the club"?

Don't get me wrong, I'm as gutted as the next man about this as Suarez is innocent, but I do believe the decision was made with the good of the club at heart. It will be counterproductive to get into a protracted fight as we will be labelled as a club who is defending racism by the moronic media. And the fight is one we cannot win, since the FA is corrupt in that it is both judge and jury.

So we appear to have made the best of a bad situation in my opinion. We manage the ban so he is back agains Spurs and Man Utd, and we let the world know in no uncertain terms how we feel about the corrupt FA and this sham of a decision.

It stinks to high heaven and I don't like it one bit, but I do think it was the best decision given the circumstances. I can only hope we are more savvy in future, and I suspect we will call out various injustices from this point forward in order to fit for better consistency, as we've been on the wrong end of an appalling decision here.

It stinks, but I feel the owners have shown real leadership here, both by the statement, and by saving energy for future fights in which we might have a chance.

Painful as it is, we are on a loser here, so we needed to make the most of a bad situation.

I'd never fight red against red of this, and I fully respect the views of others, but this is how I see it.

Guest TK-421

G Richards is right.

Everyone needs to accept it and move on. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Get behind the team. It's not too late to draw strength from this. Fuck everyone else, let them know why we're not going to go away. Win the FA Cup. Do whatever it takes. But for the good of the club, move on.

Guest alantkayll

Liverpool fear row could force Luis Suarez out of England

Liverpool fear Luis Suárez will be forced out of English football if the Football Association does not protect him from a backlash after the Patrice Evra affair.

On his way out? Kenny Dalglish is concerned Luis Suárez could leave the English game

By Chris Bascombe

The Merseyside club want Suárez protected if rival fans or players tarnish him as a racist because of the report of the Independent Regulatory Commission. The commission made it clear it did not consider Suárez a racist, and that a breach of rule E3 did not necessarily constitute racially motivated abuse. Liverpool expect the FA to act vigorously upon this should the South American be condemned in future.

They scrapped an appeal because they feared the club would have been damaged by prolonging the saga, and felt pursuing their case for another two months just to reduce the ban would have been counter-productive.

However, they are adamant the conclusions of the commission are biased heavily in favour of Evra, and insist there is still no corroborating evidence to validate his allegations.

The club’s hierarchy — including principal owner John W Henry and chairman Tom Werner – remain convinced the commission took a pre-determined stance on the striker’s guilt. That is rejected by the commission, which says Liverpool had an opportunity to challenge the make-up of the panel before the hearing.

Suárez, Liverpool believe, is an innocent victim being used as a scapegoat to enable the FA to show it takes a tough line on racism.

At the heart of Liverpool’s continued rejection of the conclusions is a belief Evra’s evidence was not subject to the same levels of scrutiny as Suárez’s. Liverpool argue there are serious examples of Evra changing his story after giving evidence on Oct 15 which have been under-played, particularly in relation to the severity of the words used by Suárez.

The commission did not consider it of great importance that Evra had claimed to be abused 10 times, in a TV interview on Oct 15, in the most severe of racial terms, but his manager said it was five times to the referee. The report settled on the use of the word “negro” – not the word originally claimed by Evra – seven times in its conclusions.

Liverpool believe this is one of the most inconsistent aspects of the whole case, of fundamental importance to the credibility and accuracy of the accusation, and yet it has been barely given weight by the commission. They also feel the fact Evra admitted provoking Suárez with abusive language of his own should have led to disciplinary procedures.

A thorough analysis of why Suárez pinched Evra, which the French defender himself admitted he had not even recalled or paid attention to during the game, was given huge importance by the panel.

Liverpool are bemused why this was considered more significant than Evra’s insulting words to Suárez which started the altercation.

Instead, the Anfield hierarchy suggest it is evidence related to what Suárez said, which altered during the course of witness testimony from Damien Comolli and Dirk Kuyt, which was decisive in the judgment.

The Merseyside club are also disturbed that the FA met Evra three times before the commission sat, and Liverpool’s legal team were not aware of this until the hearing began.

There has been no criticism from the club of their own legal team’s handling of the saga, but there are clear contradictions — and have been throughout — between what senior Anfield officials believe and what was actually said during the hearing.

Liverpool know their new statement is likely to receive more criticism, but it was decided that abandoning an appeal to reduce the sentence, while re-emphasising their belief in Suárez’s innocence, was the only way to draw a line under the grubby saga.

I can only surmise that the top brass at The Mirror are daring us to ban them, which would give them a chance to lead a moral crusade against the racist appeasers who've desecrated the wholesome agenda with which they purport to stand lockstep.

Regardless of that, I think it's worth taking a stand against such effluent toss, and I think it's worth throwing not only the Mirror out, but also the Echo until Trinity Mirror's flagship displays a conciliatory tone. That would be a nice sucker punch for an organisation teeming with pernicious, amoral creeps.

Edited by TheDrowningMan

We should make a list of journalists that should be banned from Anfield indefinitely. There are some who has done a lot to tarnish the reputation of the club and Suarez by delivering unbalanced reports on the case that has branded Suarez a racist despite the report and the "offended" stating he's not.

As the ban starts immediately, will the club play him in the reserves?

owen coyle played for burnley against us 2 years ago in the reserves so age isnt an issue is it? the commission also makes clear the ban applied to first team competition and the reserves clearly are not that.

haha! I'll never forget that game. Daniel Ayala booted the fuck out of coyle the whole game, he didn't know what to do.

On Suarez. He needs a rest anyway. He's played non-stop for too long anyway. There was always the fear he was going to hit the wall. Better getting the R&R while he can.

Guest alantkayll

The journalists don't do the headline, lets be fair here. I think the two headline's by the Mirror are bang out of order and it's a disgrace.

Sly Bailey at trinity mirror is the top person to contact. We got responses from her at Kopfaithful. People should send her an email over this.