You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming Richards will be playing RB for City. He likes a wander forward, and he's quick and strong as an ox. We'll need to work hard to keep him at bay. The best way to do that is to retain the ball and press high up the pitch. If we let them get comfortable on the ball, we might struggle.

Bit your arm off for a 1-1?

When we have the best defense in the league and attacking players such as Gerrard, Bellamy and Suarez - we should be wanting a win, not expecting to but we are perfectly capable of beating them.

Bit your arm off for a 1-1?

When we have the best defense in the league and attacking players such as Gerrard, Bellamy and Suarez - we should be wanting a win, not expecting to but we are perfectly capable of beating them.

So if you aren't expecting us to win, what the fuck are you on about?

We are going to have to be at our very best for this one. Fortunately that's usually when we perform to our highest standard.

Bite your arm off for 1-1.

Henderson Gerrard Spearing

Maxi Suarez Bellamy

Suarez would definitely bite your arm off for a 1-1.

So if you aren't expecting us to win, what the fuck are you on about?

I wouldn't bite mine or anyones arm off for a draw.

We are fully capable of winning.

The other day I was playing with us going out on a full strength attack on them. Would be fantastic.

Something like this:

---------------------Reina---------------------

Johnson-----Skrtel-------Agger-----Jose Enrique

----------Henderson------Spearing-------------

Bellamy------------Gerrard--------------Suarez

----------------Carroll-----------------------

Might be too soon for Gerrard. In that case I'd have Shelvey over Maxi, but the latter has more experience so he might be chosen ahead of Shelvey.

Will be amazed if either Gerrard or Bellamy start this game,I think Maxi is certain to start it.

Gerrard is no were near fit enough to last 90 mins and Bellamys knees will be a factor to his starting.

Gerrard is no were near fit enough to last 90 mins

But he doesn't have to play 90 minutes.

I'd rather see him play 60 minutes than 30 minutes though.

He has had two 30 minute cameos, he must be nearly ready to step up to 45 minutes or an hour of action.

But he doesn't have to play 90 minutes.

I'd rather see him play 60 minutes than 30 minutes though.

He has had two 30 minute cameos, he must be nearly ready to step up to 45 minutes or an hour of action.

If it was against lesser team then I agree but against a side who play a high tempo game like City I think they wouldnt risk starting him.

Chance are City will have us under siege from the start after there beating on sunday.

Gerrard s fitness would be a problem if this happend and a safer option would be bringing him on at some point in the second half.

Will be amazed if either Gerrard or Bellamy start this game,I think Maxi is certain to start it.

Gerrard is no were near fit enough to last 90 mins and Bellamys knees will be a factor to his starting.

I don't think Stevie will but I hope he does

Bellamy and Maxi must start especially if Stevie doesn't

..............Reina.....................

Johnson...Skrtrel...Agger-do...Rambo

Kuyt......Spearing....Adam...Downing

...............Henderson................

..............Suarez.......................

I think even Kenny will start with this fairly conservative side to start with, giving us Bellamy, Carroll and Gerrard off the bench when required.

This is the sort of game we'll really miss Lucas. We have let fr worse teams than City get plenty of th ball in positions where Lucas would normally sto it getting there. Dembele, Dempsey, Nzogbia and even Blackburn players had too much space there.

I'd play 3 in the middle to try stop City getting in that position too much. Spearing, Gerrard and Adam or Henderson I'd go for. Maxi, Bellamy and Suarez ahead f them.

This is the sort of game we'll really miss Lucas. We have let fr worse teams than City get plenty of th ball in positions where Lucas would normally sto it getting there. Dembele, Dempsey, Nzogbia and even Blackburn players had too much space there.

I'd play 3 in the middle to try stop City getting in that position too much. Spearing, Gerrard and Adam or Henderson I'd go for. Maxi, Bellamy and Suarez ahead f them.

I agree. It is crucial to deny the likes of Silva and Nasri space between our midfield and defense. Though Aguero and Balotelli are fantastic players, they can be handled if the supply is cut off, much like we did at Anfield.

Speo has to play and then it is down to fitness and form which two out of Gerrard, Adam and Henderson that joins him in there.

Worried about our midfield defensively for tonight...

We bossed man City last time because Lucas bossed the midfield.

Defensively, Henderson and Adam is not exactly world class..

Hopefully Gerrard will replace one of them, but I expect him on the bench

I'm less than convinced about this, the best I can see is us spoiling City in our third and us coming away with a 0-0, which isn't a bad result considering their home record.

People say we miss Lucas, and I appreciate that, but Spearing can do the job. It's us scoring that worries me, I can just see Suarez being a dot on the horizon for the rest of the team.