You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think henderson should be in centre midfield and he's there on merit. we've found a role for him let him stay there. same with downing, he's a better player on the right so lets keep him out there for a while.

have all 6 of our big 2011 signings started a game together yet?

Not sure. If they have it can't have been more than once or twice. I've got no problems with Henderson being in the team, especially in a home game, but I thought the midfield was poor in the second half against Wigan and maybe Spearing's energy might help. Henderson was neat and tidy but a bit too low key for me.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Andy Carroll will start this one. He has only started, I think, one league game in nearly two months.

Was thinking that too.

He really needs to be starting games. I'm sure everyone at the club is hoping we can do something about the Suarez ban but plan B is obviously Andy because I doubt Bellamy is going to be starting numerous games in a row up front.

So Andy needs to be playing.

Alternatively, plan C is just buy someone else in January.

I think Carroll will start and he should be angry at the lack of chances recently and his performances since he has joined. I want to see him being the threat and handful he was at Newcastle.

Blackburn have numerous problems at the back and he should be able to ruff them up!

If he can't give this Blackburn side problems, then there is not much hope for him as they have been leaking goals for fun this season.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I he should be angry at the lack of chances recently and his performances since he has joined.

If it weren't for the latter, the former wouldn't be happening. Not much to be angry about, just needs to play well and earn his place.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think Bellamy will be on the bench again for this one. I'd play this:

---------------------------Reina---------------------------

-Johnson---------Skrtel----------Agger---------Enrique-

----------Spearing-----------------------Adam-----------

-------------------------Henderson-----------------------

------Downing------------------------------Suarez-------

--------------------------Carroll---------------------------

Downing on the right to help handle Hoilett, who represents their biggest threat. It looks like Robinson might be out for this game, so they'll likely have Bunn in goal. That's a boost for us. Carroll can put some pressure on.

Need to watch Yakubu, who is dangerous regardless of his OAP status.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Also, in reply to somebody saying 'this might be the last time we play at Anfield in the league', one of them replied:

Exactly what we talked about today. I'll go back to hoping they win the league until we get there, funny enough Kenny was in charge then as well. They were good to us in the main. (Don't get me wrong, only one team for me.)

I'll never forget the first time we played them when we got promoted, we got beat 2-1. Walters scored two crackers. Newcastles Alan Shearer scored a blinder for us. On the way out of the ground some Liverpudlian shouted 'you're in the big league now lads!' and loads laughed. Those scousers eh?!

Three years later and the amount of respect shown to our club was immense. Of course a lot was to do with the fact that we were better than Man U and it was Kenny. But even then, they all stopped and clapped. That day seems a life time away now.

44 quid to see Kean stood on the touchline? Pay me 44 quid and I'd turn you down. The job is knackered.

I feel sorry for Blackburn fans. Seems like their owners have went back on what they promised, and are complete cunts. Much like Gilett and Hicks.

Still hope we hammer them, though.

I don't feel sorry for them at all, their behaviour towards Kean has been an absolute disgrace. Fuck them and their greasy chicken fingers.

Be nice to get a few goals today but that's not really how we roll, 2-0 I reckon.