You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tough call with the expectation for more swing making him a decent call ahead of Robinson coming back. If Archer was fit his pace would probably have forced the issue. 

Will be interesting to see what the India lineup looks like. 

Losing the review is an interesting one. I think it should be lost, but I also think those that Australia reviewed in previous series where they knew it wasn't a stumping but didn't want to waste a review on a possible nick behind should also have been lost. Extremely difficult to police once you're into the realms of the honest reason for a review, though. 

• Upvote 1

How many incredibly tight decisions has Smith been on the right side of just in this series? You can't give him any extra lives. 

Just to rub salt in the wound Stokes spits on his own chin on camera! 

I'd stop fielders throwing the ball in the air after a catch after that. It was basically a drop because of the celebration 

For what it's worth I don't think he's dropped it in the act of throwing it in the air in celebration as some people are suggesting, that his hubris has made him prematurely celebrate and that's what made him drop it. I think his arm comes round in a circular motion and his thigh, which is in the air as he jumped to catch it, gets in the way and he fumbles it. I can't argue with the fact that he hasn't landed on both feet and steadied himself before he drops it, so it goes the same way as the Duckett non-dismissal earlier in the series.

It's poor fielding but Stokes is normally reliable, and he's one of our best and most athletic fielders. Shit happens - unfortunately usually when fucking Smith is batting.

4 minutes ago, Manny said:

For what it's worth I don't think he's dropped it in the act of throwing it in the air in celebration as some people are suggesting, that his hubris has made him prematurely celebrate and that's what made him drop it. I think his arm comes round in a circular motion and his thigh, which is in the air as he jumped to catch it, gets in the way and he fumbles it. I can't argue with the fact that he hasn't landed on both feet and steadied himself before he drops it, so it goes the same way as the Duckett non-dismissal earlier in the series.

It's poor fielding but Stokes is normally reliable, and he's one of our best and most athletic fielders. Shit happens - unfortunately usually when fucking Smith is batting.

Only Stokes knows if he’s going to celebrate or not - the natural motion of his arm would be the same whether he’s going to or not. 

It’s a fuck up though and not out. 

The adrenaline of the moment got to him a bit I think, he wasn't aware of his own body and swung his arms forwards instinctively. It's split second stuff, but there's no way you can say it's a catch. He was gambling with the review. Shame Root (I think) didn't grab the fumble, but that's a harsh expectation. Slightly more controversial than the starc (which was never out on review), but not by much. Two correct calls.

Neither remotely controversial, for me. Starc slid the ball on the ground, Stokes hadn't even landed on the ground yet. Clearly neither in control. 

Starc was dim, Stokes clumsy. 

Completely unrelated but what a great character Mo has. That non review there doesn't happen with most bowlers.