You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saturday, 15 October 2011

Liverpool v Man Utd, 12:45

I know it's still 2 weeks away but it's the big one.

We have to be looking to win this and after seeing the amount of chances Norwich created against the scum today, I'd say it's most definitely winnable.

A win would leave us just 3 points behind the scum and nicely placed to mount a serious challenge for at least 4th place.

Teams and thoughts gentlemen please.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Downing's ideal if they persist with Valencia at right back

I agree. These are exactly the sort of games he actually performs in. United, for all their attacking prowess, look pretty vulnerable at the back at times. It's about time he makes a contribution and I think it's most likely to come in a game like this.

------------------------Reina----------------------

Kelly-------Carragher-------Skrtel------Enrique

---------------Lucas----------Gerrard------------

Downing---------------Suarez-------------Bellamy

-------------------------Kuyt------------------------

------------------------Reina----------------------

Johnson-------Skrtel-------Agger------Enrique

---------------Lucas----------Gerrard------------

Kuyt---------------Maxi-------------Bellamy

-------------------------Suarez------------------------

Kelly/Carragher in for Johnson/Agger if one of them isn't fit.

Odd as it sounds, I'd set us up to counter attack them.

United love trying to break the back of a team when they go away, score early, peg them back, get their heads to drop.

We need to lure them into that, but then break and counter with pace ourselves.

Some massive issues still though, I don't trust any of our centre backs to get close to Rooney. I think Kelly will likely get roasted by Nani or Young, and I think Enrique won't be able to get up front as much as people expect him to.

So much of the game will be determined by our central midfield, to be able to turn over possession quickly and get an attack started.

I'd go 4-3-3, and keep our full backs on a leash. It'll be upto the top 3 to try and score, the rest of the team should be set-up to stifle United and not give them any encouragement.

Bellamy and Suarez either side of Carroll, that's my suggestion.

And I'd keep Gerrard and Kuyt on the bench. It's so important to remind the Mancs that we've got game changers on the bench, like them.

United went into their game the other day with only 1 defender on the bench, and even then it was only Fabio.

Reina

Kelly

Skrtel

Carragher

Enrique

Henderson

Lucas

Adam

Suarez

Carroll

Bellamy

Subs:

Dino

Flanno

Coates

Spearing

Gerrard

Downing

Kuyt

I think it's so important to have a bench which makes the Mancs worry.

The three of Adam, Lucas and Henderson would be given the duty of cluttering up the midfield and making it harder for the Mancs to pass through and find space. They also have to drop at times to get hold of Rooney and Nani, who love to come inside and have a go, or find a pass. Rather than our defensive line, especially our centre backs, who would get embarrassed everytime they tried to get near either of them. No, fuck that, make them stay and just head shit away, that's all I want from them.

Adam and Lucas to stay deep most of the game, with Henderson using that engine of his to support the front 3, and get back.

Well, he only needs to do it for 60 mins, then bring Gerrard on to do that role for the last 30.

No doubt, we'll be better when Gerrard gets on the pitch, but that's not the point. We just need the starting XI to wear United out a bit, and then let a fit and fresh Gerrard pick holes in them. Ditto Downing and Kuyt, probably on for Bellamy and Carroll.

It's a waiting game, keep it tight, frustrate them with hard work and running, and then unleash some hurt on them, and see how Ferguson reacts with his own subs.

If Giggs gets on the pitch then I want Lucas man-marking the fuck out of him.

That man was player of the season last year imho, and he's just picked up from where he's left off. So often the difference for United in the last 18 months, playing that central role.

Me and another red have just been offered 2 tickets, in the home stands. Not sure if I'm up for it to be honest. I'm likely to get my head kicked in, don't think I could keep my mouth shut at some of the filthy songs they come out with. Would you go?

Me and another red have just been offered 2 tickets, in the home stands. Not sure if I'm up for it to be honest. I'm likely to get my head kicked in, don't think I could keep my mouth shut at some of the filthy songs they come out with. Would you go?

We're at home.