You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Walking Dead Thread (spoilers and zombies inside)

William_Ulsterman

That one was a bit rubbish. Didn't really need yet more characters getting introduced. I couldn't remember what the fuck the main previous character was called and she seems to have gained a fair bit of weight since I last saw her so I can only assume she is doing sound with the scavenging.

• Upvote 2

That one was a bit rubbish. Didn't really need yet more characters getting introduced. I couldn't remember what the fuck the main previous character was called and she seems to have gained a fair bit of weight since I last saw her so I can only assume she is doing sound with the scavenging.

Was or is pregnant apparently

Guest Pistonbroke

Bit of a let down last night, especially a community full of women where the majority were harry dogs. I don't fancy their chances against the saviours if they turn up, all those shots and they couldn't hit a fat girl trying to run. Although we all know they'll turn into snipers come the next time we see them. 

They need to reduce future series from 16 episodes to 12 or even 10 and making them an hour. They should have cut the last two episodes into one. There's far too many episodes where hardly anything happens, they can talk character development all they want, but there's only a few characters most people give a shit about. They bring in Negan as a bogey man and you don't see anything of him for a few episodes.

That was a poor episode last night. Concentrated on a character that was never that important and took in yet another community when there's already too many vying for episode time already.

Seems they needed a way to re-arm Hilltop, Alexandria and The Kingdom.

Not sure an entire episode was the best way but still.

Seems they needed a way to re-arm Hilltop, Alexandria and The Kingdom.

Not sure an entire episode was the best way but still.

Its terrible really. Rick gives away all their guns and one community member just happens upon a fucking massive armoury.

As mentioned by someone earlier the fact that theyre all within a short stroll of each other but have barely met despite constantly foraging and building huge communities is poor.

At least the earlier episodes seemed to have a bit of road time between places.

Its terrible really. Rick gives away all their guns and one community member just happens upon a fucking massive armoury.

As mentioned by someone earlier the fact that theyre all within a short stroll of each other but have barely met despite constantly foraging and building huge communities is poor.

It's bad story telling.

Distance wise Tara had been traveling for two weeks, it seems like it's a days walk from Alexandria to Hilltop and we have no real frame of reference for the kingdom.

Who found the armoury? I may have fallen asleep on that one!

I'm with the article - if the next one isn't good I'm giving up. Gutted really as the first series was brilliant. Glenn and the dumpster was shocking.

Guest Pistonbroke

The Negan character/story lines are just absurd. I'm not sure how closely they are sticking to the original comic but he'd have been popped long ago in how they have done things. He walks around with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire which he seems to forget half the time or give to someone else to hold, he treats people like shit and with disdain and they have loaded weapons a lot, I'm not having that they wouldn't riddle him with bullets when he treats everyone the same and doesn't have 6 armed bodyguards shadowing him.

I've unfortunately read that he is still alive in the comic series so I can't even look forward to his shit character dying unless they wander massively from that. They have also planned at least another two series but with less episodes, and god knows how many more they can do due to the ongoing comic series. It has taken 6 seasons to cover 100 comics and they are up to 160 or something and still producing. I have a feeling that before long they'll lose quite a chunk of their audience and have to rush a series or two to wind things up as far the TV series goes. No way will loyal fans sit through another 6 series of slow paced episodes apart from one cliffhanger episode at the end. 

In fact this is what the Ex producer said. 

Executive producer David Alpert said in 2014 that the original comics have given them enough ideas for Rick Grimes and company over the next seven years. "I happen to love working from source material, specifically because we have a pretty good idea of what Season 10 is gonna be", Alpert said. "We know where seasons 11 and 12 [will be]... we have benchmarks and milestones for those seasons if we're lucky enough to get there."