You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Walking Dead Thread (spoilers and zombies inside)

William_Ulsterman

Guest Pistonbroke

Cheers Cloggy. Thought the last season I watched was better than the rest, so if this one picks up the pace then I'll probably stick with it. 

Just realised it has only just started, first episode was yesterday. 

One thing that does alwts bother me, probably the most glaring flaw in the entire series.

Throughout the series the sound effect of a gun being cocked is used incorrectly. Often when a character draws a pistol the sound of a hammer being cocked is heard, but often the gun being used does not have an external hammer, but a internal hammer known as a striker plate (like a Glock). Or even with guns that have external hammers, like revolvers, we hear them being cocked but when we see the gun the hammer is still clearly uncocked.

I don't think it'll be that bad because they have a lot of new characters and factions to introduce so the freshness should kill the inevitable (and understandable) maudlin we're about to get from the main group (and Rick spends another season going through the same arc he's gone through most other seasons).

The first season was by far and away the best one. Since then it's been the same beats repeated over and over again - group gets settled, comes up against villain, looks over matched by the villain's sheer evil, group still wins. There needs to be some other plot detail, more shades of characterisation, I'm not asking for depth like the Wire but compensating lack of plot with gore has long run out. Gore bore.

One thing that does alwts bother me, probably the most glaring flaw in the entire series.

Throughout the series the sound effect of a gun being cocked is used incorrectly. Often when a character draws a pistol the sound of a hammer being cocked is heard, but often the gun being used does not have an external hammer, but a internal hammer known as a striker plate (like a Glock). Or even with guns that have external hammers, like revolvers, we hear them being cocked but when we see the gun the hammer is still clearly uncocked.

Bugs me too. Makes the whole show completely unbelievable.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

The first season was by far and away the best one. Since then it's been the same beats repeated over and over again - group gets settled, comes up against villain, looks over matched by the villain's sheer evil, group still wins. There needs to be some other plot detail, more shades of characterisation, I'm not asking for depth like the Wire but compensating lack of plot with gore has long run out. Gore bore.

I agree to an extent. 

However, just caught up with episodes 1-4 of season 6 and episode 4 was thoroughly enjoyable, probably the best episode of the whole thing for myself so far. It's the one with Eastman, Morgan Jones and Tabitha the Goat. 

Guest Pistonbroke

She possibly deserves her own thread but I'd fight my way past 500 Zombies just to hold her hand, /well maybe to fuck her as well.

Christian Serratos who plays Rosita Espinosa. 

48c2cac7cc0f1c5d23327c0bc42f188a.jpg

bba92e1c6b629130e3f5571bbe6bb6dc.jpg

christian-serratos-sideboob-03301404.jpg

christian-serratos-in-playboy-becoming-a

It's got huge plot holes. At one stage you could get infecte by just being scratched, but then all of a sudden, that wasn't a problem. Sometimes the walkers can climb stairs, sometimes they can't. It's just full of 'as if' moments too. Even though it is a series based on comics, you can only suspend your disbelief so far.

Guest Pistonbroke

It is what it is. You can pick holes in any Film, Series, TV programme or novel which is based on fiction (especially subjects like Zombies/SciFi and so on), this one just happens to have over 80 episodes so far which magnifies that fact. It is nowhere near the best series I have ever watched but is also nowhere near the worst. 

I am prepared to suspend my disbelief for this tv series as I like the zombie, post apocalypse genre. I have to because I have so much trouble with the whole zombie thing, it just doesn't make any sense. So stupid is it that it's ridiculous to try to poke holes in it, unlike zombies heads. 

I felt that the whole series was circling the drain, getting a bit boring with the same old same old and risking becoming a bloody soap opera. Now they're opening it all up it should be a lot better. 

Personally I'd just say bollocks to Daryl and hit the road asap. But that would spoil the fun.

Guest Pistonbroke

Nearly at the end of season 6 and one thing that does piss me off is that Carol. Whining like a bitch one minute and a few seconds later turns into a special forces killing machine, rinse and repeat, fucking hate her, hope they kill her off soon.