You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

197 pages and the melted cheese faced cunt still hasn't learned his role or shut his mouth.

I actually find it hilarious that he's England manager. Amazing little englander cut off your nose to spite your face mentality by the FA. The worst World Cup campaign in England's history and they still leave him in the job. It's hilarious watching the gobshites defend him. But it's also noticeable that there are no longer comments that he was sacked by us unfairly. Any right minded person realises he's an embarrassment and at best a (very) small club level manager. Utter utter bellend.

• Upvote 2

I honestly think that when somebody sticks a microphone in front of him he speaks like a typical old person and tells you fuckin everything,especially the stuff you dont want or need to know.

I honestly dont think he realises half the stuff he says and is just a complete buffoon.

Obviously the media love this as it gives them so many column inches to write but its embarrassing for anybody involved in his utterings,like Sterling.

So the story of the onion on his belt (it was the style of the time) is imminent? 

Story in the Mirror saying that the FA want Southgate to take over after impressing as the U21 boss with his style of play and man management. Hodgsons contract runs out after the Euros in 2016. If they are that impressed why don't they put him in now?. Surely that tournament is a write off if Hodgson is in charge?

• Upvote 1

Story in the Mirror saying that the FA want Southgate to take over after impressing as the U21 boss with his style of play and man management. Hodgsons contract runs out after the Euros in 2016. If they are that impressed why don't they put him in now?. Surely that tournament is a write off if Hodgson is in charge?

• Upvote 1

Hodgson has already been commenting that the next manager after him would reap the benefits of the work he's doing now, by introducing young players into the squad. It's what's known in the business, as the "heads I win, tails you lose" approach to footie management.

Beware of Southgate and remember to feed him a with a flat hand.

Martinez on Southgate's plans to utilise Barkley at the U21 European Championship:

“Ross is coming back from an injury so he hasn’t played much football,” he said. “If the tournament was now it would be a good opportunity for Ross to get some playing time but if it is at the end of a season where he has played consistently for 10 months then he needs to have a break.”

I've seen a few bitters calling Sterling a disgrace etc. I presume they're all currently penning letters to Bobby Brown Shoes to condemn his words, whilst imploring him to ensure that Barkley is made fully available to represent his country.....

Make up your mind, Michael, you hypocritical dalek-voiced dwarf:

Michael Owen, 7 December 2012:

Michael Owen has echoed former manager Alex Ferguson's opinion by blaming Liverpool for his injury ravaged career.

The former England international reckons he was overused as a youngster at Anfield where he would play '80-odd games a year'.

Owen made his Liverpool debut as a 17-year-old but wishes he could have played less games after seeing Ferguson's cotton-wool treatment of youngsters coming through at Old Trafford.

The Manchester United boss has suggested that Owen could have remained injury free had he been handled better in his youth.

"Sir Alex had made some comments suggesting that I would have been a better player had I been managed more effectively in the early part of my career," said Owen on his official website.

"I have to agree with most of what he said except the usage of the word 'better'. In my opinion, had I been managed differently I would have been at my best for longer as opposed to being a better player.

"As a youngster, I was considered exceptional and in many ways, that was to my detriment. While I was playing every game available to me, there was another young kid in the Liverpool academy called Steven Gerrard who was also showing huge potential.

"Unlike me, who was playing 80-odd games a year, Stevie just couldn't stay fit. I am convinced that this played to his advantage in the long run. I couldn't get enough of it. I would play a full season with Liverpool and then once the season was over, while everyone wrapped their best youngsters up to have a summer break, I was jetting off to play for England, sometimes playing three years above my age group at the highest level. This continued for a few years. I played week in, week out without a break, for years."

Michael Owen, 17 October 2014:

Michael Owen insists he would never tell a manager he was tired - and believes Raheem Sterling may go on to regret doing so.

The Liverpool teenager has faced criticism from some quarters after telling Roy Hodgson of his fatigue prior to England's clash with Estonia on Sunday.

Sterling was subsequently left on the bench with the situation sparking a brand new club vs country row.

But Owen, who also broke through at Anfield as a teenager, insists the concept of burnout is a myth.

Speaking at the National Football Museum in Manchester, the ex-England striker said: "We're surmising how he was feeling but I never felt like telling the manager I was tired because I never felt particularly that I needed a rest.

"I know people will say, 'Well, we don't want anyone having burnout'. But I'll ask you now - can you name one player who has ever been burned out? I don't know of anyone."

• Upvote 2

Make up your mind, Michael, you hypocritical dalek-voiced dwarf:

Michael Owen, 7 December 2012:

Michael Owen, 17 October 2014:

???????

If Owen had any balls his career would not have come to such a premature end. Instead he twanged his hamstring to the state he was never the same again AT THE AGE OF 19!

Fair play to Stirling for having the balls to admit he was not feeling at his best and fuck off to Hodgson for not keeping that conversation private.

Better still, paste it here:

Brendan Rodgers, the Liverpool manager, has angrily attacked claims that the club put pressure on Roy Hodgson to leave Raheem Sterling out of the England starting line-up for their European Championship qualifying game in Estonia on Sunday.

In an exclusive interview with The Independent, Rodgers insisted that Sterling never said he did not want to play for England and that the decision to drop him was entirely Hodgson’s.

Rodgers said: “I’m fed up reading about this club v country row, claims we intervened and put pressure on Roy Hodgson.

“I’ve read we sent dossiers to the FA [Football Association] on Raheem Sterling and Daniel Sturridge and I’m having showdown talks with Roy Hodgson on Sunday and all sorts of rubbish. The decision not to play him was a managerial decision. I haven’t said a single word but have to say I have never seen such rubbish written over the last few days.”

Rodgers revealed that since breaking into the Liverpool first team two years ago there have been a number of occasions when the teenager has expressed doubts about his readiness to play. One was the top-of-the-table game with Manchester City at Anfield in April, when Rodgers decided Sterling was fit to play and he was instrumental in a dramatic 3-2 win.

“Let me tell you, there have been at least five occasions in the past when Raheem has said he felt tired before games but he’s never refused to play,” Rodgers said.

“We have taken on board what he has said and taken a decision accordingly. I rested him against Aston Villa and we lost the game. But it was our decision to do so – and our decision alone.

“Last season he said he felt tired before the Manchester City game. We won 3-2 and he put in a man-of-the-match performance.

“The point I’m making is you have to take on board advice from your own people and make your own decision, right or wrong.”

Sterling’s apparent tiredness on Sunday was a major talking point after England’s victory in Estonia, with Hodgson wondering about Liverpool’s fitness regime and their two-day recovery programme.

“Raheem might say it is something that is becoming ingrained in him and that he felt the need to talk about being tired more than he would normally do,” the England manager said.

• Upvote 1

Sterling is a talent that needs to be managed. I would trust ay LFC manager to be a better custodian of that than any England manager.

The u21 finals will be an interesting call. By the end of this season he will have earned a break. But too few of our players get experience of international tournament football, experience which will benefit LFC.