You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Osama is dead

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Oh you mean where we were in a war protecting our own land and citizens

Knob

No.

Just turned on the news channel and all it has gonee about for the whole time I have been watching is some guy called osama being dead? Is this the guy that is the boss of the USA, or is this some other dude and the reason evey channel is talking about him is cause fuck all is happening in the world?

Guest TK-421
Just turned on the news channel and all it has gonee about for the whole time I have been watching is some guy called osama being dead? Is this the guy that is the boss of the USA, or is this some other dude and the reason evey channel is talking about him is cause fuck all is happening in the world?

Haha.

Sorry Dennis, I misread your post. I thought you were arguing about whether he planned it and not whether they could prove he orchestrated it, which I agree, they couldn't(or wouldn't be willing to share how in court).

Well I know more than most, a family member I was living with when 9/11 happened had cabinet level security clearance at the time and translated arabic, told me it was him before anyone knew what was going on, how or why and the news didn't have a clue and then watched it all unfold on TV.

They had no evidence, I mean, the security people 'knew' with no evidence.

If they had had evidence at the time they could have saved a lot of money and lives, the Taliban had offered to extradite him provided the USA could show the what proof they had, the USA put it's fingers in its ears, told the Taliban if you are not with us you are against us and then started bombing children and women in 3rd world Afganistan to show who the real killers were. I don't know what they were meant to acheive but it was little to do with Bin LADEN all that it was just a context to allow them to do a whole load of stuff they wanted to do anyway. They may as well have slayed postman pat yesterday for all the difference it makes on any meaningful level, the Americans are out in the streets, the worlds biggest superpower only took a decade to kill one man, who may have killed a few thousand but theres no evidence to prove it. In the same decade USA and its allies have killed about 2 million in the name of their own idealogy and created a lot of deformed babies which has all been well documented. Yeah, go USA, well done.

Edited by dennis tooth

It's one of life's cruel ironies that the vast majority of people who invent, propagate or believe in conspiracy theories tend to be the very opposite of what they perceive themselves to be and are actually, in the main, credulous, laughable, embarassing, ill-educated halfwits.

It's one of life's cruel ironies that the vast majority of people who invent, propagate or believe in conspiracy theories tend to be the very opposite of what they perceive themselves to be and are actually, in the main, credulous, laughable, embarassing, ill-educated halfwits.

I find it interesting that these "conspiracy theorists" tug on your gonads so much that it leads you to start throwing out insults.

You talk as if you have some concrete, undeniable evidence of my skepticism being misplaced. Unfortunately you dont, so instead label me a "credulous, laughable, embarassing, ill-educated" halfwit because thats supposed to negate any point that I bring up.

Explain to me why it is so inconceivable that the USA might have an agenda, as opposed to being the holy patrons of peace?

Thank God Stu Monty is here to set us all straight about the MIC, war for oil, and the true ideology of modern warfare.

And probably some kind of Zionist, Illuminati New World Order conspiracy too.

And all without coming across like a smug, patronising Guardian reader with only the barest grasp of actual facts, which are largely rendered irrelevant when smothered in a tedious, oleaginous slick of right-on buffoonery.

Right kids?

TELL US MORE STU!

TELL US MORE!

America sucks! Muslims are ace! WE FUCKING GET IT.

Well I know more than most, a family member I was living with when 9/11 happened had cabinet level security clearance at the time and translated arabic, told me it was him before anyone knew what was going on, how or why and the news didn't have a clue and then watched it all unfold on TV.

They had no evidence, I mean, the security people 'knew' with no evidence.

If they had had evidence at the time they could have saved a lot of money and lives, the Taliban had offered to extradite him provided the USA could show the what proof they had, the USA put it's fingers in its ears, told the Taliban if you are not with us you are against us and then started bombing children and women in 3rd world Afganistan to show who the real killers were. I don't know what they were meant to acheive but it was little to do with Bin LADEN all that it was just a context to allow them to do a whole load of stuff they wanted to do anyway. They may as well have slayed postman pat yesterday for all the difference it makes on any meaningful level, the Americans are out in the streets, the worlds biggest superpower only took a decade to kill one man, who may have killed a few thousand but theres no evidence to prove it. In the same decade USA and its allies have killed about 2 million in the name of their own idealogy and created a lot of deformed babies which has all been well documented. Yeah, go USA, well done.

Ahahahahahahaha! Funny.

This is supposed to be funny, right? As in - a joke?

The better if he had been taken alive is my opinion. Much as he was quite clearly a very nasty piece of work anybody being killed doesn't really set me off partying. What's with those belters all celebrating? Some do that when a convicted killer is about to be executed by the State don't they? "Bundy Burgers" and that kind of thing. You have to wonder about people like that I reckon.

Bin Laden satisfies the modern need for 'news in a convenient package'. He ranks alongside 'Credit Crunch' and 'Global Warming' as a soundbite which conjours up a whole host of images and feelings that don't really need to be explained via in-depth news reporting, a one-man movement, a villain.

Of course, there's a shit load going on in the world, it's just not reported in any real depth because the media no longer does its job properly.

For instance, I wonder what's going on in Iraq these days? I imagine it to look like Last of the Summer Wine but with more sand.

The better if he had been taken alive is my opinion. Much as he was quite clearly a very nasty piece of work anybody being killed doesn't really set me off partying. What's with those belters all celebrating? Some do that when a convicted killer is about to be executed by the State don't they? "Bundy Burgers" and that kind of thing. You have to wonder about people like that I reckon.

You have to consider how unprecedented 9/11 was for the US - it hit closer to home, far closer, than any attack in their history. More so than Pearl Harbour. These sort of scenes were inevitable. On a smaller scale, we have plenty of people here planning on celebrating when a far lesser evil in Thatcher dies.

Guest TK-421

Hang on a minute.

If I'm not mistaken you are in favour of capital punishment, or at least harsher sentences for convicted murderers etc. Now you don't understand the "Bundy Burger" brigade - how does that work?

You're the first to call out people as "sandal wearing beard strokers" when the rights of criminals are asserted.

You have to consider how unprecedented 9/11 was for the US - it hit closer to home, far closer, than any attack in their history. More so than Pearl Harbour. These sort of scenes were inevitable. On a smaller scale, we have plenty of people here planning on celebrating when a far lesser evil in Thatcher dies.

I can understand people directly affected by the atrocity celebrating, of course I can, it's the knucle draggers a whoopin and a hollerin I don't get. Thatcher, well I suffered under her. When she dies I couldn't care less, I certainly won't be partying.

I can understand people directly affected by the atrocity celebrating, of course I can, it's the knucle draggers a whoopin and a hollerin I don't get. Thatcher, well I suffered under her. When she dies I couldn't care less, I certainly won't be partying.

Well, a lot of people have had their lives changed, not just directly. It changed the nations psyche, it saw more liberties than ever stripped away, it instigated a culture of fear, a needless war in Iraq and a war against a fluid, almost invisible foe in Afghanistan which has draggethird economy through the mire in conjunction with Bush's already regressive economic ideals. It fundamentally changed many aspects of a country which had never, ever been forced to face up to an outside threat in the way that 9/11 forced it to. So I understand it, especially in New York.

Having said that, I don't disagree in the slightest that a more measured approach would have been more appropriate. The over the top public celebration certainly isn't for me.

Cannot understand why really.

Hands up who lives in an ex-council house that was bought from the council by themselves?