You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

24 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Mums husband has now had 3 lots of surgery and has started his 12 months Immunotherapy. Fortunately bar feeling constantly tired he’s had no other side effects. 

Mum had the same rare, aggressive type of skin cancer as Gra 13 years ago and had been clear for 8 years. 

I had to take mum for her biopsy results this week as there were concerns about moles on her arm and back. 

Monday we were told she has cancer in her arm and on her back. Yesterday we were told they want her in for surgery ASAP and she got the call today she’s going in for surgery Monday morning. 

I wish your mum and her husband all the very best, Col.

26 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Mums husband has now had 3 lots of surgery and has started his 12 months Immunotherapy. Fortunately bar feeling constantly tired he’s had no other side effects. 

Mum had the same rare, aggressive type of skin cancer as Gra 13 years ago and had been clear for 8 years. 

I had to take mum for her biopsy results this week as there were concerns about moles on her arm and back. 

Monday we were told she has cancer in her arm and on her back. Yesterday we were told they want her in for surgery ASAP and she got the call today she’s going in for surgery Monday morning. 

All the best for her mate.

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Fingers crossed them getting her in right away is a positive, wishing her and you lot all the best mate. You know where I am x

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Ah Col', sorry pal. As HL says, at least they're responding quickly to it, fingers crossed for you all.

5 and a half weeks since Mrs. Stouffer had surgery and she's well on the mend. Saw the oncologist yesterday for her post surgery biopsy results. They're much better than we were expecting, no need for chemo but she will have to have 3 weeks of RT and will be on tamoxifen for roughly 10 years.

Feeling a bit more positive but you can never turn your back on this absolute cunt of a disease. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 15

Just now, Stouffer said:

5 and a half weeks since Mrs. Stouffer had surgery and she's well on the mend. Saw the oncologist yesterday for her post surgery biopsy results. They're much better than we were expecting, no need for chemo but she will have to have 3 weeks of RT and will be on tamoxifen for roughly 10 years.

Feeling a bit more positive but you can never turn your back on this absolute cunt of a disease. 

Very positive news mate. This bastard is very beatable. 

How was your arse today after all them chillis you mad head? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Very positive news mate. This bastard is very beatable. 

How was your arse today after all them chillis you mad head? 

The bumhole is sound man, was only two fairly mild chillies.

The chicken murgh makhani I'm making on Saturday will be a different story though, loads of bird's-eyes and a healthy helping of kashmiri mirch will be enough to provide a self administered ring-ectomy.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stouffer said:

The chicken murgh makhani I'm making on Saturday will be a different story though, loads of bird's-eyes and a healthy helping of kashmiri mirch will be enough to provide a self administered ring-ectomy.

Oh my lord 

5 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

That sounds really promising. Some positive news on this thread is always a good thing.

My best wishes for her full recovery mate.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Stouffer said:

Sounds good mate, all the best.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Stouffer said:

Wonderful news mate.

Only downside is that's ten years she can hold it over you.

"Do the hoovering I'm on tamoxifen. The kebap can wait."

• Upvote 1

I posted a while back about my father in law having esophageal cancer. It's been a bumpy road but I'm hopeful.

Scans showed it hadn't spread. So they have him three months' of chemo, which wiped him out, then the poor guy had to get fit for an operation - which is supposed to be a mammoth one. Seven hours. He'd told the docs he'd had a triple heart bypass years ago so was used to big ops, and they said that was 'childsplay' in comparison.

They did the op this week but hit a complication. Normally what they'd do is take out the esophagus and stretch the stomach to fill the gap. They can't do that because of poor blood flow, so in a couple of weeks they've got to go in and use his small bowel instead. 

The cancerous tissue is out, but he'll be in hospital on a tube between now and then - four to six weeks. 

Mrs and her sister were in floods the other night, but taking a step back I said it's hopefully just a bump in the road. Plan A didn't work but there's a plan B. 

I was back in to see my lead surgeon yesterday after my op for the cancer reoccurrence in January. It's been a fucker of a time since the op. I ended up with a few complications along the way and this recovery has hit me more than anything I went through last time, including the chemo and other treatments. Aside from appointments at the hozzy, I'd only left the house once or twice in 2 months and haven't been able to work (I used to even work while getting chemo!), which would normally piss me off, but I haven't given 2 fucks. I had a small procedure on Friday for them to kind of "finish off" from the surgery (which should have happened ages ago, but couldn't because of the complications). And while that was a bit of been a step back immediately, it's allowed me for the first time pretty much since I left hospital to take some steps forward, to the point while I'm not there yet, I feel pretty good - and I've even been out, gone to town to check the mail in the office, got my hair cut and went wild and had a coffee. 

So to my good news from yesterday, they got everything out and the results back show all the margins were clear, as were the surrounding lymph nodes they took out. He thinks there is a 95% chance it won't reoccure again, so hopefully this shite is behind me and I will be under regular surveillance for years - with the next scan in 4 months. 

I've not been on here for a while, so gutted to read about @tokyojoe , I hope you are doing alright fella. One of my mates I go the match with went through the same when I went throughy first batch.

Col - fingers crossed for your mum. 

14 hours ago, Stouffer said:

And there we go, some great news on this thread - in fact the same about Mrs S's cancer too. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 14

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I posted a while back about my father in law having esophageal cancer. It's been a bumpy road but I'm hopeful.

Scans showed it hadn't spread. So they have him three months' of chemo, which wiped him out, then the poor guy had to get fit for an operation - which is supposed to be a mammoth one. Seven hours. He'd told the docs he'd had a triple heart bypass years ago so was used to big ops, and they said that was 'childsplay' in comparison.

They did the op this week but hit a complication. Normally what they'd do is take out the esophagus and stretch the stomach to fill the gap. They can't do that because of poor blood flow, so in a couple of weeks they've got to go in and use his small bowel instead. 

The cancerous tissue is out, but he'll be in hospital on a tube between now and then - four to six weeks. 

Mrs and her sister were in floods the other night, but taking a step back I said it's hopefully just a bump in the road. Plan A didn't work but there's a plan B. 

At least there is a plan B so he still has a chance.

The very best of luck to him.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was back in to see my lead surgeon yesterday after my op for the cancer reoccurrence in January. It's been a fucker of a time since the op. I ended up with a few complications along the way and this recovery has hit me more than anything I went through last time, including the chemo and other treatments. Aside from appointments at the hozzy, I'd only left the house once or twice in 2 months and haven't been able to work (I used to even work while getting chemo!), which would normally piss me off, but I haven't given 2 fucks. I had a small procedure on Friday for them to kind of "finish off" from the surgery (which should have happened ages ago, but couldn't because of the complications). And while that was a bit of been a step back immediately, it's allowed me for the first time pretty much since I left hospital to take some steps forward, to the point while I'm not there yet, I feel pretty good - and I've even been out, gone to town to check the mail in the office, got my hair cut and went wild and had a coffee. 

So to my good news from yesterday, they got everything out and the results back show all the margins were clear, as were the surrounding lymph nodes they took out. He thinks there is a 95% chance it won't reoccure again, so hopefully this shite is behind me and I will be under regular surveillance for years - with the next scan in 4 months. 

Mate that's absolutely superb to read. You've been through the absolute wringer and by the sounds of it remained tough and positive. All fingers crossed for the last bit Baz. Warrior. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've not been on here for a while, so gutted to read about @tokyojoe , I hope you are doing alright fella. One of my mates I go the match with went through the same when I went throughy first batch.

And there we go, some great news on this thread - in fact the same about Mrs S's cancer too. 

I was wondering how you were getting on and to hear such positive news is just brilliant.

Chuffed for you mate.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Over the moon for you BW, just keep pushing on pal.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Wish you and your Mum well. Just got to stay strong.

2 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Not feeling ill anyway. I was due to have a scan on Tuesday which checks the spread into the bones but their bloody machine's broken. Waiting for an update.

Thanks for asking.

Bloody hell that's no good is it?! I hope you're milking it indoors pal, feet up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Great news Baz. Be back at the game soon.