You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

1 hour ago, tokyojoe said:

Not feeling ill anyway. I was due to have a scan on Tuesday which checks the spread into the bones but their bloody machine's broken. Waiting for an update.

Thanks for asking.

That happened to my sister in law, she had her scan 3 days later. 

It's a sad thing, but those machines get hammered, hopefully you won't have to wait much longer.

7 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was back in to see my lead surgeon yesterday after my op for the cancer reoccurrence in January. It's been a fucker of a time since the op. I ended up with a few complications along the way and this recovery has hit me more than anything I went through last time, including the chemo and other treatments. Aside from appointments at the hozzy, I'd only left the house once or twice in 2 months and haven't been able to work (I used to even work while getting chemo!), which would normally piss me off, but I haven't given 2 fucks. I had a small procedure on Friday for them to kind of "finish off" from the surgery (which should have happened ages ago, but couldn't because of the complications). And while that was a bit of been a step back immediately, it's allowed me for the first time pretty much since I left hospital to take some steps forward, to the point while I'm not there yet, I feel pretty good - and I've even been out, gone to town to check the mail in the office, got my hair cut and went wild and had a coffee. 

So to my good news from yesterday, they got everything out and the results back show all the margins were clear, as were the surrounding lymph nodes they took out. He thinks there is a 95% chance it won't reoccure again, so hopefully this shite is behind me and I will be under regular surveillance for years - with the next scan in 4 months. 

I've not been on here for a while, so gutted to read about @tokyojoe , I hope you are doing alright fella. One of my mates I go the match with went through the same when I went throughy first batch.

Col - fingers crossed for your mum. 

And there we go, some great news on this thread - in fact the same about Mrs S's cancer too. 

so glad to hear this Baz - very best wishes x

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

Not feeling ill anyway. I was due to have a scan on Tuesday which checks the spread into the bones but their bloody machine's broken. Waiting for an update.

Thanks for asking.

That's a ball ache.  Hope this gets sorted double quick xx

• Like 1

Bit pissed so probably shouldn’t post, but I hope everyone with this shit gets through it. I was lucky - 2 years ago I had prostate cancer but because someone I knew had been diagnosed I got a blood test  and fortunately it was found early and I was sorted out. Men over 40, get it checked out, please. Lots of love to all of you going through this hatefulness. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, bossy said:

Bit pissed so probably shouldn’t post, but I hope everyone with this shit gets through it. I was lucky - 2 years ago I had prostate cancer but because someone I knew had been diagnosed I got a blood test  and fortunately it was found early and I was sorted out. Men over 40, get it checked out, please. Lots of love to all of you going through this hatefulness. 

I had mine checked the other week, it was - to quote the doctor - 'nice and smooth'.

#proud 

• Upvote 2

Mum went in for the op on her back yesterday and as they were concerned by her arm

operated on that at the same time too. 

Results from the op will be 6-8 weeks and she’s waiting for an appointment for the sentinel node biopsy but they want to do that one under general anaesthetic. 

• Upvote 11

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Mum went in for the op on her back yesterday and as they were concerned by her arm

Results from the op will be 6-8 weeks and she’s waiting for an appointment for the sentinel node biopsy but they want to do that one under general anaesthetic. 

Hope everything goes well for her mate.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Best wishes, bud.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

My best wishes mate.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Best wishes mate 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Good luck lad hope everything works out for the best 

• Upvote 1

Nightmare at the moment.

As I've mentioned the wife's dad has cancer of the esophagus, now it looks like her sister 'may' have Ovarian cancer. Just unreal.

Her dad had his op last week but they couldn't connect the stomach, so they've got to go back in today for a seven hour op to connect his bowel to his throat instead. Sounds like the staff haven't been looking after him and he's been sat in his own crap and unshaven for most of the last week. He's been getting confused and shouty - which is really unlike him.

Then yesterday her sister, who's been doing all the heavy lifting with hospital visits and stuff for their dad, went for a scan and they found something called a 'complex cyst' on her ovaries. They said it's an unusual shape and the 'markers' in her blood were high, so they've sent her for more bloods. She had to break the news to her mum last night, with the dad's op being today.

Just unreal. Heartbroken for them all. They really do deserve a break.

Life eh. It's mundane until it's not. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Nightmare at the moment.

As I've mentioned the wife's dad has cancer of the esophagus, now it looks like her sister 'may' have Ovarian cancer. Just unreal.

Her dad had his op last week but they couldn't connect the stomach, so they've got to go back in today for a seven hour op to connect his bowel to his throat instead. Sounds like the staff haven't been looking after him and he's been sat in his own crap and unshaven for most of the last week. He's been getting confused and shouty - which is really unlike him.

Then yesterday her sister, who's been doing all the heavy lifting with hospital visits and stuff for their dad, went for a scan and they found something called a 'complex cyst' on her ovaries. They said it's an unusual shape and the 'markers' in her blood were high, so they've sent her for more bloods. She had to break the news to her mum last night, with the dad's op being today.

For fucks sake. Really sorry to hear this mate. What a shit fest.

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Nightmare at the moment.

Sending you guys the best wishes mate. What a nightmare x