You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Captain

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes as has been said, even if chelsea do pull of a remarkable win at old toilet then they still have the bitters away on the last day who would like nothing better than to contribute to "knocking us off our perch", i can see that game finishing as a draw because there is no way charlie adam and his 10 million pound corners are getting anything but hammered on the last day

Interesting and blindingly obvious yet oft overlooked fact: The title is now in Chelsea's hands, they don't need to rely on anyone else, they can make their own destiny, win all their games and the title is theirs, why has nobody said this?

incidentally mike dean should get the big game next weekend, one of the few refs not afraid to flash the red or whistle for a peno against man u i.e. fergie doesn't have him in his pocket

it must not be webb

I can't believe how disinterested the Mancs were, they played shite and looked like the season was already finished. Arsenal wanted it more which seemed very odd.

you make an interesting point about sports psychology, remember when we had to play champions league qualifiers and a few times we'd get a decent 2-0 away result against some average eastern european side and then at home we lost 1-0 a few times, why? we went into the game knowing we had done the hard work, knowing we didn't need to win - this is what gives me hope, heh look back at our nightmare in 1989

man u will go into the game knowing a draw will do them (no matter how much fergie winds them up, that will be in the back of their heads).......chelsea know they have to win - that kind of psychology aways has a huge effect on the game

yes as has been said, even if chelsea do pull of a remarkable win at old toilet then they still have the bitters away on the last day who would like nothing better than to contribute to "knocking us off our perch", i can see that game finishing as a draw because there is no way charlie adam and his 10 million pound corners are getting anything but hammered on the last day

Interesting and blindingly obvious yet oft overlooked fact: The title is now in Chelsea's hands, they don't need to rely on anyone else, they can make their own destiny, win all their games and the title is theirs, why has nobody said this?

incidentally mike dean should get the big game next weekend, one of the few refs not afraid to flash the red or whistle for a peno against man u i.e. fergie doesn't have him in his pocket

it must not be webb

The commentators on Norwegian telly (including a certain Mr John Barnes) focused on this. I think it is generally overlooked because they're at Old Trafford rather than the Bridge, as it's almost impossible to win at Ot, this season especially it seems.

Guest TK-421

The same applies to the mancs.

Guest TK-421
Except that Mancs are in a better position. They can afford a draw against Chelski and still win it.

Chelski have to win all 3.

Yeah, I still think the mancs will do enough. Bastards.

I see the arsenal game has hardly finished and the ginsoaked one is already putting pressure on the ref for the chelsea game

"Obviously, it gives Chelsea a major chance now and that's what happens when you get these decisions. They got one at Old Trafford last season so that's the worry now. But in terms of ability - a game at Old Trafford, the supporters will be ready for it - and so will our players."

the devious sly old f**ker never tires of trying any trick in the book, as ever no dignity or integrity from him