You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest San Don

Jesus, the lad's out of form and loads want him sold?

Yeah he has his faults and they need to be corrected. 6 months ago lots of people were saying he was boss.

What exactly did he contribute with going forward when he was at his best?

I generally agree with your sentiment in that it's not just blind faith. You dig heels in as much as you can and I reckon a lot of it is just banter fuel, funny though. I admire the fact that you can point out against the grain the failures that a lot of us don't see (me included) because of blind faith but this is misguided and wrong. Really? He was quality. First game against Sunderland, next against Arsenal and so on for about half a season give or take a few games. He has been cack for awhile but fuck off with that.

I generally agree with your sentiment in that it's not just blind faith. You dig heels in as much as you can and I reckon a lot of it is just banter fuel, funny though. I admire the fact that you can point out against the grain the failures that a lot of us don't see (me included) because of blind faith but this is misguided and wrong. Really? He was quality. First game against Sunderland, next against Arsenal and so on for about half a season give or take a few games. He has been cack for awhile but fuck off with that.

I cant agree with this and its not because I want to take the opposite view.

I think Enrique was very good at the defensive part of his play for the first few months, but when it comes to his attacking contributions I have been far from impressed.

He has got into a couple of good positions a few times but his decision making and shooting have been shockingly poor, during his 7 seasons as a senior player he has scored 1 goal, in the Chamopinship two seasons ago for Newcastle against Nott Forest in a 2-0 home win after a corner.

He is not really a great contributo of assists either and his one trick seems to be to shield the ball with his arse and try to turn players and the team lose all attacking flow when he does this, he is also extremely one footed.

Enrique probably could have been a good attacking fullback, but he really is not, if Jack Robinson played 5 games he would probably contribute more than what Enrique does in a full season.

I don't think Enrique will be dropped for the Swansea match. Looks like Skrtel is out having surgery on his nose and so we may see Kelly/Johnson at RB, Enrique LB and Carra/Agger at centre half. That might work against Sinclair and Dyer.

• 3 months later...
Guest ShoePiss

Last season he had a good first half to the season but much like the team as a whole, in January his form started to drop off and by the end of the season he was quite poor.

He's still the best we have at left back, hopefully he can show the form of last year again.