You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This is what I said about him after we beat Bolton at Anfield last season:

He was never put under any pressure today. In the first half he gave the ball away a few times, but was quick to either recover the ball or position. As the second half wore on he got better and better, and got forward much more too. He really has been excellent for us so far, and it's hard to believe this is the same guy who panicked against Jermaine Pennant and ended up booting the ball off him for one of the flukiest goals we've ever scored.

To be fair, I don't think he's panicked in defence for us, even though he has been culpable for some defensive errors. Back then, many of us were wondering why he never got a look in for the national side, but the reason for that has become hugely apparent since then. He has no problem joining in with the attack but he is unbelievably ineffectual with his distribution. He needs a moment to look up and assess his options which both allows his opponent to close him down as well as reducing his passing options. He can also be ponderous in possession. The guys Spain have employed at left back are far sharper in this respect, and they need to be given the way Spain play.

I still like Enrique. I will admit that he was pretty horrible at times last season, but his form in the first third of the season was excellent indeed, so he clearly has talent - it's not like he's never shown he's good enough and we're just hoping he comes good.

I'd play him every week at LB.

I have to agree, and he was excellent for Newcastle as well in the Championship/first season back.

Let’s play Kelly out of position, and play Johnson out of position. Or we could just play our best left back and right back in their most comfortable positions. Sometimes managers and fans try to complicate football.

He's clearly a good defender, his season ended when Valencia tore him apart at Old Trafford. Which would lead me to believe it’s a confidence issue.

I still like Enrique. I will admit that he was pretty horrible at times last season, but his form in the first third of the season was excellent indeed, so he clearly has talent - it's not like he's never shown he's good enough and we're just hoping he comes good.

I'd play him every week at LB.

hate to be nasty, but this fella should be playing at the paralympics.. ONLY got 1 foot.. he is a liability to us at left back...would like to see how he copes anywhere near the rhs of the pitch.. appologies to all those guys in london....

DanDanShaw has shit for brains.

You're an abusive little gobshite aren't you?

You are a speck of shit on my bell end Tony. I've gone right into the back of a Puerto Rican lad, dug it right under his intestine, wiggled it around his colon, and I've pulled out a nugget of shit on my shimmering helmet, and it's you. And I've licked it off and then I've kissed the lad passionately, and he's swallowed you, which makes you re-shit.

You're an abusive little gobshite aren't you?

You are a speck of shit on my bell end Tony. I've gone right into the back of a Puerto Rican lad, dug it right under his intestine, wiggled it around his colon, and I've pulled out a nugget of shit on my shimmering helmet, and it's you. And I've licked it off and then I've kissed the lad passionately, and he's swallowed you, which makes you re-shit.

that's pretty well thought out. impressive.

can we have that in a flow chart?