You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

43 minutes ago, sir roger said:

True enough , but a bit worried you are a fifth columnist after being behind you at lights today.

81B7A823-E6AB-451E-8FC7-E40C69EA9ED6.jpeg

Hahahaha rumbled there Section 

35 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

But didn't they hound him out?

Hounds of War 

On 16/01/2022 at 11:05, gkmacca said:

Well, he must have known how it was probably going to go, but that's Rafa. I don't enjoy seeing him getting flak from those idiots, but he chose to join those idiots. 

Strange how the left back issue seems to follow him around. This is Martin Broughton talking about his first meeting with Rafa: '“He had come with a shopping list which included, for example, a left back. And I said ‘Rafa, you’ve been here six years, and you’ve bought six left backs and you’re telling me none of them have worked. So what are you going to differently this time?’ There was no answer'. 

Broughton did his bit to save the club but he should stay miles away from mentioning the purchase of left backs during his tenure.

31 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Ha ha , 37 mate , don't undersell our treachery.

My maths was always shocking. 

Maybe for 1 second if they looked a little closer to home, as a source of their problems ,they may begin to address them?

Apparently some of the players there,have played under 7 different managers.Dunno how true that is?.

Most of them.serm to want big Dunc or Rooney.

Bobby doesn't seem to be too popular. 

10 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Broughton did his bit to save the club but he should stay miles away from mentioning the purchase of left backs during his tenure.

Why? I think Broughton had a decent enough point. Were you a big fan of Dossena? Broughton was surely entitled to ask why Rafa had gone through some pretty mediocre signings and was still demanding improvements on his past ones. By that time I think Rafa had pretty much confused himself. Hodgson, yes, bought yet another crap left back, but Broughton couldn't really make the same query in that context.

• Like 1

They burn bridges with reckless abandon. Notice the way they revelled in Moyes failure at United and Sunderland. The way they treated Big Sam for getting them out of the danger zone. Contrast that to us clapping Sammy Lee in their dugout or our general treatment of Rafa throughout his whole Everton stint. 

They don't realise they're a small provincial club with an extremely toxic fanbase. They talk about getting Graham Potter in like they are Liverpool FC or Manchester United. Graham Potter's going to leave a harmonious team fighting for Europe to throw himself into a relegation dogfight with a bunch of knobheads shouting abuse at him, is he? 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Belgium FA have apparently knocked back the idea of Martinez  sharing his time between the shite and managing the Belgium team. Rooney it is, then!

I don’t think Rooney will walk away from Derby until the end of the season. I think he’s invested too much in sticking with them in their hour of need. It wouldn’t surprise me if they were hoping to get Brown Shoes to job share until the summer and then Rooney in.

There is always Plan B - the Moyesiah.

True story - as I was typing the word ‘hoping’ above, I hit a couple of wrong letters and predictive text come up ‘booing.’

1 hour ago, Boss said:

They burn bridges with reckless abandon. Notice the way they revelled in Moyes failure at United and Sunderland. The way they treated Big Sam for getting them out of the danger zone. Contrast that to us clapping Sammy Lee in their dugout or our general treatment of Rafa throughout his whole Everton stint. 

They don't realise they're a small provincial club with an extremely toxic fanbase. They talk about getting Graham Potter in like they are Liverpool FC or Manchester United. Graham Potter's going to leave a harmonious team fighting for Europe to throw himself into a relegation dogfight with a bunch of knobheads shouting abuse at him, is he? 

Just seen a post on a Facebook 80s footy page about their 1985 team and the usual shit started - blaming Liverpool for ruining their plan of world domination. 

They really think they were the best team of the 80s and that everything that has happened since is all because of the European ban.

There's no set of fans who live in the past as much as them. They idolise a fella who played for them nearly 100 years ago, go on about players who had two or three good seasons in the 60s and then just stop at 1985 blaming Liverpool for everything. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Just seen a post on a Facebook 80s footy page about their 1985 team and the usual shit started - blaming Liverpool for ruining their plan of world domination. 

They really think they were the best team of the 80s and that everything that has happened since is all because of the European ban.

There's no set of fans who live in the past as much as them. They idolise a fella who played for them nearly 100 years ago, go on about players who had two or three good seasons in the 60s and then just stop at 1985 blaming Liverpool for everything. 

Also, banging on about their 'Holy Trinity'.  So good, that they only managed to stir Everton to win one trophy (the League in 1970).  They way they go on about them it's is as if they were Pele, Maradonna and Beckenbauer.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Also, banging on about their 'Holy Trinity'.  So good, that they only managed to stir Everton to win one trophy (the League in 1970).  They way they go on about them it's is as if they were Pele, Maradonna and Beckenbauer.

A fella who used to drink with my Dad always used to go on about Duncan McKenzie saying he was the best player he'd ever seen in an Everton shirt. He only played 2 sessons and fucked off to Chelsea. Said he was more skilful than Glenn Hoddle.

This fella also hates Kevin Keegan because he believed he was overrated and stopped McKenzie getting in the England team. He was that bitter he refused to watch England while Keegan was the manager at Euro 2000 refusing to go the pub with my Dad when all the others they drunk with went to watch it.  They are just mental.

• Upvote 1