You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Just had a pint in the Pound Pub on Wavertree High St and the barman (manager?) was spouting off about the Red Shite. Walk on, with soap up yer arse etc, turns sound down when Liverpool are on the telly.

When asked by a Liverpool supporting lady why he didn't support both Merseyside teams he said 'if Liverpool were playing ISIS he would be wearing all the Arab gear and cheering for them.'

Cunt was the spit of David Fairclough!

go the cock and bottle next time you want a pint

Just had a pint in the Pound Pub on Wavertree High St and the barman (manager?) was spouting off about the Red Shite. Walk on, with soap up yer arse etc, turns sound  down when Liverpool are on the telly.

When asked by a Liverpool supporting lady why he didn't support both Merseyside teams he said 'if Liverpool were playing ISIS he would be wearing all the Arab gear and cheering for them.'

Cunt was the spit of David Fairclough!

If he bought you a pint it wasn't David Fairclough.

Yeah, have been in there (and all the others to be honest) it's a good red pub. My Ma's in a home around the corner there so I'm there about 4 times a week.

It's one of the last parts of Liverpool (outside town) where you can have a decent pub crawl!

Loads - The Rose, Prince Alfred, Cock and Bottle, Pound, Thatched House, Barley Mow...

There is/was another pub literally next door that i can't recall name of...

The Clock, according to Google. I'm some dopey fecker, I've never 'clocked' that one either. The Ho Ho takeaway, on other hand...

There's also the Coffee House around the corner. No wonder there's a lock up on the triangle

The Clock, according to Google. I'm some dopey fecker, I've never 'clocked' that one either. The Ho Ho takeaway, on other hand...

There's also the Coffee House around the corner. No wonder there's a lock up on the triangle

Fucking hell yeah the clock of course...literally a few yards from the clocktower! used to shag a bird who lived off picton road and used to go for a drink on wavertree high street regular

Is there any truth in the "it was Chelsea" accusation by John Smith. A few Chelsea fans I've known said it was laughable that they were brought into it.

It's one of those things that are difficult to substantiate as the only "evidence" is hearsay.

But, that United v Saint Ettienne Guardian article and Andy Nicholls' book have claimed that the hooligan elements of some clubs would attach themselves to other teams European trips just for the potential aggro.

I'd file it under neither proved or disproved.

It's one of those things that are difficult to substantiate as the only "evidence" is hearsay.

But, that United v Saint Ettienne Guardian article and Andy Nicholls' book have claimed that the hooligan elements of some clubs would attach themselves to other teams European trips just for the potential aggro.

I'd file it under neither proved or disproved.

One of our players books I read said, I think, he saw an Arsenal shirt when he was on the bus going to or coming from the game that night.

Think it was Ian Rush.

Is there any truth in the "it was Chelsea" accusation by John Smith. A few Chelsea fans I've known said it was laughable that they were brought into it.

IIRC, John Smith's allegations centred on the area where it all went off was later found covered with NF leaflets - Chelsea had a massive NF connection at the time.  

Couple of years, they'll well be filling a 60k or even more stadium. One of the respected posters who reckons he's ITK has even teased them about an 80k capacity. We're fucking doomed.

DerbyshireAndHarper said: ↑

'We are what we are'

Can't believe you wrote that. With respect I don't think you fully appreciate what we are. We got huge crowds of 50000+ right up to the 1980s before grounds started getting smaller. The fanbase is clearly there. We have to think big because the club will grow, it isn't going to stay stagnant. There will be a huge demand for tickets once we move to the Docks, the setting alone will make it a major tourist attraction.

West Ham are not getting 10s of thousands of tourists. That's a myth. They're West Ham. They engaged their local community successfully. We are far bigger so there's zero reason we can't do the same in as large a facility. We're successfully doing it right now with Goodison. LFC get the crowds they get because they get loads of tourists. We engage the people of Merseyside. West Ham's season tickets are not that much less than what ours currently cost.

It would be a total failure if we don't have a 60000 minimum capacity. You don't build to meet demand now, you build to meet future demand. That's what any successful business does with such a major development.

Exactly! It's small box thinking to think of "Let's get a 50k stadium so there's not many empty seats".

Imagine we decide on a 50k stadium now, then after 3 years of moshiri investment we're in the CL, and then we qualify for it again, then we move into a new stadium as a champions league club, usmanov then buys us out, we start spending like city are spending and all of a sudden 50k is way too small and we could be filling 65k every week.

The location will be lovely, away fans will be eager to visit the new stadium (some may have got bored of visiting an old goodison for 20 odd years), this logic could possibly apply to some of our own fans too.

There's plenty of factors, but we have a massive following because of our past success and if we have future success, the way kids these days seem to be more glory orientated, that following will continually grow. Especially if we can have one of europe's most iconic stadiums.

Couple of years, they'll well be filling a 60k or even more stadium. One of the respected posters who reckons he's ITK has even teased them about an 80k capacity. We're fucking doomed.

'We are what we are'

Can't believe you wrote that. With respect I don't think you fully appreciate what we are. We got huge crowds of 50000+ right up to the 1980s before grounds started getting smaller. The fanbase is clearly there. We have to think big because the club will grow, it isn't going to stay stagnant. There will be a huge demand for tickets once we move to the Docks, the setting alone will make it a major tourist attraction.

West Ham are not getting 10s of thousands of tourists. That's a myth. They're West Ham. They engaged their local community successfully. We are far bigger so there's zero reason we can't do the same in as large a facility. We're successfully doing it right now with Goodison. LFC get the crowds they get because they get loads of tourists. We engage the people of Merseyside. West Ham's season tickets are not that much less than what ours currently cost.

It would be a total failure if we don't have a 60000 minimum capacity. You don't build to meet demand now, you build to meet future demand. That's what any successful business does with such a major development.

Exactly! It's small box thinking to think of "Let's get a 50k stadium so there's not many empty seats".

Imagine we decide on a 50k stadium now, then after 3 years of moshiri investment we're in the CL, and then we qualify for it again, then we move into a new stadium as a champions league club, usmanov then buys us out, we start spending like city are spending and all of a sudden 50k is way too small and we could be filling 65k every week.

The location will be lovely, away fans will be eager to visit the new stadium (some may have got bored of visiting an old goodison for 20 odd years), this logic could possibly apply to some of our own fans too.

There's plenty of factors, but we have a massive following because of our past success and if we have future success, the way kids these days seem to be more glory orientated, that following will continually grow. Especially if we can have one of europe's most iconic stadiums.

They're going to have to change their all MO.

Manufactured glory hunters not born

I think Liverpool fans are a little self-forgiving when it comes to Heysel, frankly.

Yes, there was a context. And there's much otherwise to admire about the club and it's fans.

But if the roles were reversed, we'd willingly give Everton fans shit for it. And feel entitled to do so.

I disagree.  At least, I'm certain I wouldn't.

Any major disaster has multiple causes and is almost certain to have a number of different culpable parties.  To pin all the blame on one person or group of people lets everyone else off.  Doing that, you end up missing the lessons which could have been learned and making another disaster more likely.

Also, you'd need to look at your own motives.  Anybody who regards a disaster just as an excuse to score some petty tribal points is a cunt, pissing on the graves of the victims.

'We are what we are'

This has become a recurring theme of their delusion; the idea that people will pay the price of a match ticket, specifically because of a new stadium.

Has that ever happened, anywhere in the world?  We are talking about a mediocre club and (according to this line of reasoning) the team would still be mediocre by the time they move into their palatial new surroundings.  Why would thousands of people suddenly be attracted to the idea of being stuck in the post-match traffic jam somewhere near a river, rather than heading towards the motorway?

This has become a recurring theme of their delusion; the idea that people will pay the price of a match ticket, specifically because of a new stadium.

Has that ever happened, anywhere in the world? We are talking about a mediocre club and (according to this line of reasoning) the team would still be mediocre by the time they move into their palatial new surroundings. Why would thousands of people suddenly be attracted to the idea of being stuck in the post-match traffic jam somewhere near a river, rather than heading towards the motorway?

Arsenal massively raised their pricing at their new ground, but it's London, so there's more money to leverage. I find it fascinating they think the Olympic stadium is full of West ham fans. It isn't. I work in London and know plenty of people who don't support west ham, but can afford 4 season tickets they couldn't at their own club, so use it as a family day out and a chance to watch the visiting teams. Yes, there's probably more west ham fans too, but their attracted by the cost as tickets are giveaways as the stadium was a giveaway.

The other thing that makes me smile, is this idea because the stadium maybe be in the docks, it automatically makes it an iconic ground. If they build a big reebok in the docks, it will still be a big reebok in the docks. To build something iconic, they would need to spend serious money. I will bet my life they won't.

Why on earth would you want to take an incredibly important area like the waterfront and put a stadium there, the mind boggles. The waterfront is a massive selling point for the city. Putting a stadium for a mediocre club right on it is criminal.

Plus not one fucking penny of public money should go to premierleague clubs to build their own cash cows. The profit from those grounds that have should go straight into the local region christ they build a new bridge or tunnel these days and everyone has to pay to use it everyday even though taxes paid for it but football clubs and big corporations get bastard handouts.

• Upvote 3

'We are what we are'

blue_elephant_logo.gif

• Upvote 1

?

Tony, you've got a repertoire that covers ".", biscuits, not watching Liverpool, longing for a return of the 1980s, "load of shite", and changing obvious words to rhyme/pun on swear words.

When I saw the phrase "County Road Cutters", I would have bet money that within the next few posts would be the words, "County Road Cunters".

We all have our off-days.

• Upvote 4