You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

They may claim to hate Rooney, but they are all secretly hoping he finishes his career there when he is old and shit. No doubt he will be designated for the same "legend" treatment as Big Dunc.

Not so secretly.  One of my mates on Facebook is saying he'd rather have a 40 year-old Rooney than Kone as he is now.

Mate txt me last night saying it must be reds who made up that 2 for 1 ticket thing because he was there and it was a full house. Just sent him this picture with a question mark after it. Its an iMessage so I can see he has read it. No reply.

Posted Image

• Upvote 1

Mate txt me last night saying it must be reds who made up that 2 for 1 ticket thing because he was there and it was a full house. Just sent him this picture with a question mark after it. Its an iMessage so I can see he has read it. No reply.

c2b173a49e7e8b6e83764095bd7a8600.jpg

They all must have nipped out for a smoke at half time and didn't have Juniper there to blag them back in.

• Upvote 1

Kenright got booed apparently

For any particular reason?

Probably the fact they were outed on Sky Sports News as being the lowest spending team in the Premier League this summer. They've spent the grand total of £4.5m so far.

No doubt they'll panic buy in the last week of the window and get about three players on loan, probably two from Chelsea after they do a deal for Stones.

Speaking to the new work blue just then about this pre-season.

There's a massive undercurrent of discontent regarding the money they've spent (or not) and the Stones situation. More so than normal at BGB

They're all expecting Stones to be sold on the last day and replaced with a 5-10 million pound centre half, a couple of loans and the rest of the money to not be invested.  With Distin and Alcaraz gone and "der jag" looking like he's on the decline of his career he reckons they're screaming out for defenders. 

I almost felt sorry for him talking about it.  Almost. 

My brother was goading me on Facebook about the Benteke signing and a couple of others piped up also. I posted a screenshot of the summer spend league table so far. Silence.

I'd be a bit wary of him posting it back up in a few weeks if they get a better start than us after spending about £80m less.

Stranger things have happened.

Guest Super Sub

The Echo's coverage of Everton lately has been unintended comedy.

Just feels like they're patting them on the head constantly, it's great.

The echo have promised to give 'a more balanced view' or Everton 'equal footing' in the echo cause apparently evertonians are not happy with the amount of coverage lfc get.

The echo have promised to give 'a more balanced view' or Everton 'equal footing' in the echo cause apparently evertonians are not happy with the amount of coverage lfc get.

The bitters were going to start a boycott of the Echo if they didn't give them more coverage than us which is ironic as they only buy it to have a rant about Liverpool

Speaking to the new work blue just then about this pre-season.

There's a massive undercurrent of discontent regarding the money they've spent (or not) and the Stones situation. More so than normal at BGB

They're all expecting Stones to be sold on the last day and replaced with a 5-10 million pound centre half, a couple of loans and the rest of the money to not be invested. With Distin and Alcaraz gone and "der jag" looking like he's on the decline of his career he reckons they're screaming out for defenders.

I almost felt sorry for him talking about it. Almost.

Yeah would be terrible if Baines got injured.

Oh he did? 12 weeks is it?

Well that's fair enough seems you know, most echos' that get bought are by evertonians what with them being in the majority in Liverpool....

The bitters were going to start a boycott of the Echo if they didn't give them more coverage than us which is ironic as they only buy it to have a rant about Liverpool

What the fuck is there to write about .

Transfer dealings ?

Prospects for trophies next season?

New investment ?

New Ground ?

I feel sorry for the Echo having to fill copy

The money in this league keeps going up and up and you see promoted clubs investing in their squads. Whether successful or rational or not, at least they are trying. Everton hang around and wait for other clubs to loan them players, and only spend money purchasing players they've already had on loan. They sign up to ridiculous merchandising deals which only allow their stuff to be sold on their own website, in their own club shops and through Kitbag. They renew sponsorship deals with beer companies who produce stuff that probably nobody in the club's catchment areas drinks never mind the rest of the country, they rent rather than own their training ground, and they are constantly talking up stadium investment yet trying to avoid saying outright that they haven't a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.

• Upvote 1

A lot of them boycotted the Echo for years. One bitter I work with hasn't bought one for ages. Got the train with him once and he daw me with a copy of the Echo and said he'd never read it because it's too biased towards LFC. When I asked why he just said that we get far more coverage than them and that the coverage of Istanbul was over the top and that Everton finishing fourth was completely overlooked

I said that the Echo are likely to write about one of the city's teams winning the European Cup, especially in the manner it happened. He just shook his head and said that the editors must all be Liverpool fans

• Upvote 1

A lot of them boycotted the Echo for years. One bitter I work with hasn't bought one for ages. Got the train with him once and he daw me with a copy of the Echo and said he'd never read it because it's too biased towards LFC. When I asked why he just said that we get far more coverage than them and that the coverage of Istanbul was over the top and that Everton finishing fourth was completely overlooked

I said that the Echo are likely to write about one of the city's teams winning the European Cup, especially in the manner it happened. He just shook his head and said that the editors must all be Liverpool fans

Worst night of their lives when we won that.