You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ok this needs clearing up. As someone who helped start tkf. Our intentions were never individual. We were only there for owner ship reasons. It was started by individuals as a fan basr that had a say. We were open to all ideas. Everyone had a say without having sign up to anything. Or pay anything. The kop faithful is thousands of fans. Not a small group.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
Didn't Hicks actually say that pressure from fan groups scuppered a deal he had set up with Blackstone? I'm positive I've read that somewhere.

When you're building a case against a forced sale you believe was unfair and an epic swindle it's better to say that than saying financially they weren't viable or suitable owners.

We all need to unite

and these silly threads don't helphear hear Rome84

and for the record we ALL saved the club

we all worked together to save our club

Lets move forward as one

We are the club

You phoned me and told me that it had nothing to do with the emails, you told me it was amazing how it got stopped and that was because cic owned part of blackstone, and they wanted to wined Hicks up. Now if I am not mistaken Kenny Haung was CIC.
What I said was that I was not convinced at the time that the e

mails had been as significant as you'd thought. Like I've just posted,

I later sent your Dave a text saying I had come to believe that I was wrong on that front. i did not think Kenny Huang had saved the day at any stage but I was naturally suspicious about a potential involvement from CIC because they were one of the main investors in Blankstone. If you want to twist that into me wanting to give Kenny Huang the credit then go ahead.

That is complete and utter bullshit. If I wanted to credit someone I would have done so. What I did point out verbally in a private conversation (that has clearly relayed to you inaccurately) was that one of the investors in Blankstone was CIC and that in itself made me wary of the whole thing. The more I looked into it the more I viewed things differently and I sent Dave U a text message holding my hands up and admitting that my initial vague suspicion had been wrong. I was also the one who put Brian Reade in touch with Stevie H and Dougie Doins to ensure that the role they and countless others played in unseating Hicks and Gillett was recorded in his forthcoming book.

I had zero dealings with Kenny Huang. Zero. So why I would seek to give credit to someone whom I'd never met, spoken to or dealt with in any way, shape of form is beyond me.

Surely now though, the time has come for the blame game to stop and the scab picking exercise that has stopped the club's wounds from healing to come to an end?

Purslow has gone. Benitez has gone. Torres has gone. Hodgson has gone. Hicks and Gillett have gone. Kenny Huang isn't here.

The sources of division no longer have any involvement at the club and nor do they have any influence. Focus on the people who are here now who can make a difference because there is far more to unite us than divide us.

Tony just to end this, if you can answer it..What really put a end to hicks and Gillete? Was it agreeing to give the power to Broughton? Or RBS? or Gillete running out of cash? and did they really lose cash? in your view what saved Liverpool from the previous ownership.

You know what mate, I honestly couldn't say. I think lots of things came together at once - their own greed coming back to haunt them, the pressure from RBS and the fans, etc. All I do know is that it's behind us now and that's where it should stay. There's nothing to be gained by picking at scars, all that does is open up old wounds. I'm just grateful it's over cos I got plenty wrong during the whole horrible saga. The club is in better shape now than it has been for a long time and we should all focus on and enjoy that.

It's all coming out in the wash anyway now that we have the recent court ruling. Broughton, RBS and BarCap between them must have worked out exactly how to make sure their hand stayed on the tiller. Once the side letter was agreed by the sindey dwarf cunt Gillett then they were doomed. And as I said earlier in this thread can we all just stop fucking around and acting like a bunch of spoilt kids. We got what we wanted and yet we still have to try to kick the crap out of each other. It's over - let it go.

Feels like we still have the owners everyone fucking having pops at eachother. All the time.

Anyone?

We all need to unite

and these silly threads don't helphear hear Rome84

and for the record we ALL saved the club

we all worked together to save our club

Lets move forward as one

We are the club

Boss poem though.

People can have a pop all they like at purslow. Like paddy says he saved the club and stood up to the people who tried to kill it. But lets get one thing straight purslow is hated because he sacked rafa yet it was a unanimous decision by the board. Broughton was on that flag along with purslow hicks and gillett. Yet ian ayre was not. I wonder why?

The day Broughton arrived he said he would HAVE NO INPUT ON ANY FOOTBALL MATTERS.

He was here to sell the club only,

And your little mate promptly sacked Rafa,appointed Hodgson over Kenny (we have bigger and better things lined up for Lenny) and signed a fuckin useless cunt like Joe Cole on 90k a week,

that ye little mate for you!!!

and ask yourself why Ayers was kept on, a your little mate Christy got the hook

I've sent you a PM.

Just to clarify, Kop Faithful didn't save LFC and we have certainly never claimed that we did!

Every supporter that sent an email, attended a demonstration or boycotted merchandise or games contributed towards the downfall of Hicks and Gillett. The key player was Martin Broughton as far as I am concerned and I will be eternally grateful for his involvement.

You misplet RBS. It wasn't Broughton's money, it's RBS' money.

Liverpool Echo - Liverpool FC - News - Rafa Benitez meets with Spirit of Shankly

Forgive me, but is this the four-hour SOS meeting with Rafa in 2008 that you are describing as a "chance" one (or is that another one??) despite the fact it is clearly reported here as being an "appointment"?

What is interesting in looking at the SOS archive is that there was a statement published about meeting Gillett on September 14, but SOS did NOT publish a note of this meeting with Rafa although it is widely reported in the Echo and indeed by Tony Evans in the Times. Odd, and lacking in transparency.

What about the SOS march and protest on the very day Rafa was dismissed? Just a strange coincidence I presume? Was always going to be called for that day?

People aren't idiots, Graham, and I'm afraid that it doesn't reflect well on you to try and revise the historical record. SOS was so close to the former manager that it ought to have been re-named Spirit of Benitez, and that's of course one reason why so many fans are still suspicious of the Union.

You need to get your facts right.

The day Benitez was sacked we took great pains NOT to get involved in any demonstration. That had nothing to do with the Union. We continued with our policy of keeping out of these issues. You will find loads of evidence here and on other sites to back that up.

As I say, the 2008 meeting was before my time so I can't comment (I appreciate that is a cop out from me) but i'd ask you (or anyone) again to justify this "Spirit of Benitez" crap with anything more than a meeting with him the best part of four years ago.

Thanks for the feedback Graham,

I used to go on another forum and remember when rafa left, Peter hooton waxed lyrical about a FOUR hour meeting between representatives of s.o.s and rafa in autumn 2008. Sounds like a strange 'chance' meeting at the academy to me. Or was that a different one? Did s.o.s. Meet with rafa after the Purslow meeting. Did s.o.s. Ever go to melwood to meet with either rafa or Owen brown?

Why I am so interested in this you may ask? I am fascinated at why you decided to go on a collision course with a man who, then recently installed as MD at the club, clearly spoke to you off the record and then you stitched him up. I believe your version of what he said than his. That make me think even more positively about him because it was clear he wanted hicks and gillett out. But SOS went on some crusade with him about what he said or didn't say..

Then you complained that he would not speak with you again after that. Oh, and you admit you taped the conversation!

Purslow got some things wrong, with Broughton, Hodgson was the biggest mistake.

He also got a lot of things spot on. Under his watch, we landed the biggest commercial deal in our history (great work by Ayre I would imagine). He was the one who - with Broughton- persuaded torres to stay. That meant we got £50m for him in Jan when his worth last summer (due to injuries and a crap world cup) would have been half that. He also was in charge when we got the captain to stay. He managed to get a whole load of shite out of the club on loan or permanent deals. He and the rest of the board shelved out 500k on raheem sterling, plus also picked up shelvey and wilson. Remarkably, he gets blamed for Konchesky and poulsen. If he had stopped those deals, his critics would have gone mad about him interfering with what the manager wants.

Most importantly, he Ayre and Broughton did not blink when hicks and gillett tried to run our club into the ground.

He has gone, we have great new owners in charge and I hope history will judge him more kindly that some of those who just hurl abuse at him here.

I have never met the fella, but if I did, I would buy him a drink and thank him for his service to club.

I'm responding before reading any posts below yours.

The Academy meeting was a chance meeting last spring, not the 2008 meeting.

Purslow knew our meeting was on the record (ironically a result of criticism of the 2008 Benitez meeting not being on the record) so your suggestion he was talking off the record is rubbish. He got told at the meeting in September and then again a few times before and at the February meeting (it was me that did it) that it would all be on the record.

The Standard Chartered deal was done by Ayre before Purslow had his feet under the table and by his own admission he was here to secure investment (not sponsorship).

He sailed through the vaccuum that existed and is in the debit column for the summer that he ran our football side. His Torres coup involved another set of bullshit to keep the lad here when it was clear we were a spent force for the time being.

Kop Faithful is the fans. There were no members.

Substitute the word 'Kop Faithful' for 'fans'.

When ATK met John W Henry and Tom Werner they told him that it was the fans that helped FSG acquire the club. Not SaveLFC, Kop Faithful or SOS, but the fans.

I agree with this save for the fact that when Henry met SOS (about 45 minutes after Al) he made a point of saying "Spirit of Shankly".

Presumably wanting to play to his audience?

Sorry but that is a direct quote, do I think I saved LFC? Never in a million years, but the 14,000 emails that brought blackstone's system to crash did.

And the fact that the lads from RAWK got involved, who deserve so much credit as they put petty squables to one side and listened to real facts made blackstone pull out.

Every single person who sent an email saved the club, nobody else.

Well said. That effort made one hell of a difference. If it hadn't have happened in such a quick, professional and concentrated way, who knows what would have happened if H&G had got the loan. ATK, Kop Faithful and all the 14000 who pressed send played a major, major part in the rescue of LFC. I believe more was achieved in the 24 hours since Bascombe revealed the Blackstone involvement than any other effort by any group or newspaper had managed.

Guest ShoePiss
Sorry but that is a direct quote, do I think I saved LFC? Never in a million years, but the 14,000 emails that brought blackstone's system to crash did.

And the fact that the lads from RAWK got involved, who deserve so much credit as they put petty squables to one side and listened to real facts made blackstone pull out.

Every single person who sent an email saved the club, nobody else.

I sent the emails along with everyone else, I didn't save the club. The financial situation of the owners forced the issue, not me or the other people sending emails. If they were good for the loans they would have got them. They were fucked credit wise and no one saw them as being viable, no one wanted to take the risk on them being able to meet the loan obligation.

As for the 30 second meeting, you can be played like a fiddle in less than that. They told you what you wanted to hear, they understand that having the fans onside makes their goal (making money) easier.

It's fucking funny reading your posts, you have been championing the new owners way above and beyond what sensible as they let you sit in their area of the ground and gave you a few pats on the head. Star struck is what you are.

I'm not going to name names but h & g did exactly the same thing with a few people, I saw it happening in person.

I think the reality of the whole situation is somewhere in the middle. It was clear Hicks and Gillette were financially crippled but its also obvious the fan campaign had an effect. It was a combination of everything.

Had Hicks and Gillette been financially sound the fan campaign would most likely not have had such a tremendous affect. But the fact that they were on the ropes meant the great work put in by everybody helped deliver the knockout blow.