You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Our fans need educating. They need to stop thinking that this is the Gillett / Hicks, Hodgson era - instead we have a bright new future with FSG, Comolli and Dalglish.

People aren't happy with Henderson and now assume we aren't going to improve and everything is back to the usual as it was under Hicks / Gillett. But I think it is positive that we have spent so much on a player that Dalglish clearly wants.

FSG are willing to back him and despite many of our fans acting like petulant twats wanting signings NOW NOW NOW. Henry, Dalglish and Comolli are justing keeping everything behind closed doors and doing business the right way. The International window hasn't even opened yet, but fans want Mata or Hazard. There is 2 months left or at least 6 weeks till the new season.

Everyone just needs to relax and judge the business at the end of the window and not now. But I personally like the look of Henderson, he is young, athletic, can play a couple of positions, has good experience in the league for a young player and has shown he can spot a pass and score a goal. Some of his crosses for goals last season would make Carroll and Suarez's mouth water.

But it seems the modern fans will judge him now and assume he is shit because he isn't a big name. Our club are doing things the right way, the 'Liverpool Way' - quietly, under promising and will tell us news when they have something to tell us. Just a shame some of our fans can't do things in the 'Liverpool Way' by judging players and new signings for what they do on the pitch for us and trusting our manager to get it right - rather than moaning at any opportunity just because they haven't signed the name they dream of yet.

The microwave fan wants everything now. Success, new players etc. But it isn't so simple and as long as we get it right before the season starts then we should all be happy.

Our fans need educating. They need to stop thinking that this is the Gillett / Hicks, Hodgson era - instead we have a bright new future with FSG, Comolli and Dalglish.

People aren't happy with Henderson and now assume we aren't going to improve and everything is back to the usual as it was under Hicks / Gillett. But I think it is positive that we have spent so much on a player that Dalglish clearly wants.

FSG are willing to back him and despite many of our fans acting like petulant twats wanting signings NOW NOW NOW. Henry, Dalglish and Comolli are justing keeping everything behind closed doors and doing business the right way. The International window hasn't even opened yet, but fans want Mata or Hazard. There is 2 months left or at least 6 weeks till the new season.

Everyone just needs to relax and judge the business at the end of the window and not now. But I personally like the look of Henderson, he is young, athletic, can play a couple of positions, has good experience in the league for a young player and has shown he can spot a pass and score a goal. Some of his crosses for goals last season would make Carroll and Suarez's mouth water.

But it seems the modern fans will judge him now and assume he is shit because he isn't a big name. Our club are doing things the right way, the 'Liverpool Way' - quietly, under promising and will tell us news when they have something to tell us. Just a shame some of our fans can't do things in the 'Liverpool Way' by judging players and new signings for what they do on the pitch for us and trusting our manager to get it right - rather than moaning at any opportunity just because they haven't signed the name they dream of yet.

The microwave fan wants everything now. Success, new players etc. But it isn't so simple and as long as we get it right before the season starts then we should all be happy.

Well said

Ant, are you really best-placed to be doing the whole faux-hysteria-thing-for comic-effect, given your actual REAL hysteria and laughable pro-Woy quackings last summer?

I'm not 100% sure, but for me....I dunno....it would seem that you're fundamentally compromised when it comes to this kind of snarky "haha, Ii'm not a quacking, reactionary fuckwit" type of approach.

Please, do look on this as friendly advice.

As well as being entirely accurate facts that you should immediately take on board.

Youre such a raging prick.

Maybe so but it was a good post.

Guest San Don
Calm down fellas.

Actually, no, lets all panic. Panic is good.

Well I dont know about panic but something is going wrong somewhere.

We made the henderson deal happen quickly but since then it seems to have stalled. And if it hasnt stalled, doesnt that suggest that perhaps we really dont have any firm targets?

Im pleased the way the club is now operating but am a little concerned we dont seem to be making much progress on signings.

Any word on the Affellay front? I saw some articles at the beginning of June, but nothing since. While he's only been at Barca a very short time, if the get both Cesc and Sanchez (or even just one), I don't see him getting much run, so a move is in the realm of the possible.

I can see Arsenal getting Enrique and Mata now, to be honest.

I can too, but with Arsenal looking likely to sell Nasri and Fabregas im not sure how attractive Mata and Enrique see them ?

Obviously they will have some funds and CL football, but im sure we have some funds and a very attractive proposition for the future, plus Pepe Reina, wheras they are selling their Spanish connection.

He does ask for it a bit.

As for "llego", I don't know what his problem is. Perhaps he's related to Ant?

I don't really give a fuck, to be honest.

I dont like Ant, but I like you even less.

Well I dont know about panic but something is going wrong somewhere.

We made the henderson deal happen quickly but since then it seems to have stalled. And if it hasnt stalled, doesnt that suggest that perhaps we really dont have any firm targets?

Im pleased the way the club is now operating but am a little concerned we dont seem to be making much progress on signings.

Well it could be we are waiting for the international transfer window to open, which it does tomorrow.

As far as i know the Henderson deal came, pretty much, out of the blue, and whatever leaks there were, seemed to have come on Sunderlands side of the fence, so how much truth there is to our interest in Downing, Adam etc i dont know, but i do know there are certainly a load of players abroad who could potentially be more value for money.

Guest San Don
Well it could be we are waiting for the international transfer window to open, which it does tomorrow.

As far as i know the Henderson deal came, pretty much, out of the blue, and whatever leaks there were, seemed to have come on Sunderlands side of the fence, so how much truth there is to our interest in Downing, Adam etc i dont know, but i do know there are certainly a load of players abroad who could potentially be more value for money.

Yes that is possible but even so, I would suspect one or two journos will have been leaked info who some of our targets are or that the fabled 'strategy' would be targetting young English players.

Adam has apparently told blackpool he wants the move to Liverpool. Dont know about downing.

Have we signed anyone else yet?

Liverpool appear to be edging closer to the signing of Sevilla youngster Antonio Cotan, if reports in today's media are to be believed.

According to The Mirror, the Reds have 'sent representatives' to Spain in order to finalise a deal for teenager, who has also attracted interest from Chelsea and Inter Milan.

Liverpool, however, look set to beat their rivals to the signature of the right-sided midfielder after employing the services of agent Alvaro Torres to conclude negotiations.

The acquisition of Cotan would serve as further evidence of Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group (FSG) fulfilling their pledge to bring the cream of European talent to Anfield.

Google translation

Sevilla's youth remains latent and an example, in addition to more predictable Antonio Luque youth march to Inter Milan, there is the desire of the Liverpool take Antonio Cotán, another young player who has attracted interest from the biggest clubs in Europe. Chelsea and Inter Milan midfielder asked for, but it was Liverpool who has gone further and has sent its representative, Alvaro Torres, who want to hire as soon as the player, making no qualms with the position of federative rights.

The intention of the northern English club is to sign the player in the coming days and has asked the player's haste to the environment. However, the midfielder's representative has asked some time, enough to communicate to Sevilla which was the position of Liverpool. Torres spoke personally with the White team's sporting director, Monchi, who thanked the gesture of habérselo statement at the same time expressed his wish that the player will continue in the ranks of Sevilla. Cotan is a footballer who plays in midfield with a high technical quality and good vision.

The idea of ​​Seville, and things, is that their players remaining at the quarry Sevilla without having to emigrate to some of the continent's most powerful clubs, considering that is key to maintain constant communication with the player and the environment to know their intentions.

And is that sources Nervión entity recognized this newspaper had not sit well the conduct of the agent Antonio Luque, who had tried to contact to try to reach an agreement and avoid his departure to Inter Milan. "It we do not even want to hear," said a board member of Sevilla.

Some of the homegrown white team who emigrated in recent years were Antonio Barragan and Daniel Sanchez Ayala, precisely at Liverpool. On the side, now in the ranks of Valladolid, the club received € 250,000 Nervión by way of rights formation. Ayala played on loan at Derby County Football Club.

Liverpool appear to be edging closer to the signing of Sevilla youngster Antonio Cotan' date=' if reports in today's media are to be believed.

According to The Mirror, the Reds have 'sent representatives' to Spain in order to finalise a deal for teenager, who has also attracted interest from Chelsea and Inter Milan.

Liverpool, however, look set to beat their rivals to the signature of the right-sided midfielder after employing the services of agent Alvaro Torres to conclude negotiations.

The acquisition of Cotan would serve as further evidence of Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group (FSG) fulfilling their pledge to bring the cream of European talent to Anfield.[/quote']

Huzzzzaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Finally, it is time to wank over some signings. Well not the actual players as they are a bit underage and I would be put in jail if I did that.

Very well put. To be fair it's because most of the other big club do business quite publicly and end up pissing off a lot of people tapping up and what not as a result.However i quite like the liverpool way, slyly leaking transfer news and using smoke and mirrors to confuse other clubs (see Alex at Man uScum) then boom. In all my 21 years (Yes not that many) i feel we're cooking something special up here

Yes that is possible but even so, I would suspect one or two journos will have been leaked info who some of our targets are or that the fabled 'strategy' would be targetting young English players.

Adam has apparently told blackpool he wants the move to Liverpool. Dont know about downing.

Yeah, i have no doubt we have interest in Downing and Adam, and that we had the same interest in Young, Jones and Wickham, but there is no pressure on us really. That we dont pay what other clubs (Man Utd, Sunderland), or what the said players clubs are demanding at this point, is no big deal right now since there are other, arguably better options abroad.

If we refuse to pay up for the entire window it's a totally different story.

But there's lots of time left, and we really have no idea how far along we are with any possible signings be it domestic or abroad.