You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

We've signed a bright England prospect who will only improve for £20m don't forget we only paid about £1m for Ngog and have just mugged Sunderland for £7m (in my wettest dreams I never thought we would get more than £2m for him) we never bother to play him and just about everyone thinks hes shite anyway. I reckon we have got a good deal for once.

Its the Daily Mail piece, here is another:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11695_6970088,00.html

Sky Sports understands that Liverpool have agreed terms with Sunderland for England international midfielder Jordan Henderson.

The Reds have been locked in talks with their Premier League counterparts for several days after making their initial approach last week.

The two clubs have been haggling over the valuation of the 20-year-old, who will undergo a medical with the Merseyside giants on Wednesday.

It is understood that the deal that has been agreed is worth £20million and it will include David N'Gog moving in the opposite direction, subject to him agreeing terms on Wearside.

The French striker will hold talks with the North East club, while Henderson brokers his move to Anfield.

Henderson is due to link up with England Under-21 squad ahead of the European Championships which begins this weekend, and both clubs are eager for the move to be completed before then.

As was the case when Aston Villa came calling in January with a deal potentially rising to £24million for Darren Bent, Sunderland were made an offer which represents an irresistible return on their investment.

Although the figures add up favourably, what is not in dispute is that Henderson's departure will leave another major hole in Bruce's squad.

His form suffered in the immediate aftermath of his senior England debut against France in November last year, but he has been a key man for the Black Cats in the last two seasons and will take some replacing.

The manager is already engaged in an extensive recruitment drive with Bent yet to be replaced, while the returns of loan signings Danny Welbeck, Nedum Onuoha, John Mensah and Sulley Muntari to their clubs has left him with a series of sizeable gaps to plug.

Bruce is targeting as many as three strikers and in the circumstances, the inclusion of 22-year-old Ngog in the deal will prove an attractive benefit, although he has been a largely peripheral figure during his three seasons to date at Anfield.

Allowing Henderson to leave will add another item to the shopping list but significantly boost his transfer kitty, with owner Ellis Short remaining supportive but having reined in some of the rather less controlled spending of recent years.

However, it may not go down too well with fans who still blame Bent's shock departure for the club's slump during the second half of last season.

Liverpool have also been linked with Black Cats skipper Lee Cattermole in recent days, although it is unlikely that Bruce would be prepared to part with two first-choice midfielders.

@rorysmith_tel Rory Smith

Questions: loss of Ngog suggests confident on Wickham, yep. Think #LFC will sign 8: Henderson, Doni, Enrique, Adam, Downing, Marveaux +2

eeek.

That speculation wreaks of averageness and not really better than what we already have, Downing aside. But that says more about what we already have than the player himself.

Hope it's a little off the mark, me.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Don't worry, Rory Smith knows fuck all. He's just repeating names that have been floating about.

eeek.

That speculation wreaks of averageness and not really better than what we already have, Downing aside. But that says more about what we already have than the player himself.

Hope it's a little off the mark, me.

Not enamoured myself with that list, however, Adam is better than Spearing, Henderson is better than both Maxi and Kuyt on the right, Downing is better than anyone on the left (really want Mata!), Enrique is a good option for full back. It does improve the team, not sure if it improves the team enough.

Wikham will be perfect for our team, and Jones does look good.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Which begs the question, why is liverpoolfc.tv waiting?

Another signing before confirming the Henderson deal??

Don't start work 'til 9, innit?

Not enamoured myself with that list, however, Adam is better than Spearing, Henderson is better than both Maxi and Kuyt on the right, Downing is better than anyone on the left (really want Mata!), Enrique is a good option for full back. It does improve the team, not sure if it improves the team enough.

Wikham will be perfect for our team, and Jones does look good.

Wickham, Henderson and Jones, I would definitely be happy with. A LB is a must so Enrique a good option, I agree. No matter his fitness record, it will be better than Aurelio's.

The rest? Not for me. Adam may be better than Jay but he won't play in Jay's position. He will be competing with Gerrard and Meireles for a spot further forward.

As you say, it will probably improve the team but not by enough. We are better spending money on two players than four in that regard.

Plenty of time yet for signings. Good start to the summer for us, Henderson for 13m plus losing a really shit striker for 7m.

I think we'll deffo sign Wickham and then who knows, a few suprises still in store methinks.

I agree with most Wickham, Henderson, Jones are all really really bright English prospects one of the best. Add a good LB, I would really like to see Baines here, Enrique isn't too bad either but than I believe we would need a more defensive minded mid (maybe Jones can play that position? And I'd like Mata aswell, to rephrase I'd love Mata here.

Imagine: Henderson, Jones, Wickham and Mata. Would be a wicked summer that.

Read somewhere tha Ferguson and nited is in the driving seat for Jones (the mirror i think)...

Seriously hope it is not true. We really need that bloke, and want to see him tied up TODAY! Hate that sneeky whiskeynosed c*nt, and will snap if they get him...