You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Some people are never happy

Save me a seat on the Optimism Express there Walt.

Cheer up people, we're throwing our weight around. We're swaggering around the transfer market with cash in our pocket. Nobody else knows either what kind of mad ass fool game we are playing at here but they know we are a player.

It's not all about signing up the most expensive and exotic names. Confidence and belief, swagger is the key. That was the difference between the first half of last season and the second.

Henderson may turn out to be a total flop, same goes for the rest of the players we might sign but we don't even know who they are yet so it's a bit premature to worry about them. Show a bit of faith in FSG and Kenny, at least until they have fucked something up.

Do one you WUM

Same shit was said when people questioned Rafa. Look where he is now. I'm not questioning Kenny, because the transfer window isn't over. I was questioning everyone having a wank over an underwhelming bunch of potential transfers as though that group is gonna make us challengers again.

Under Rafa's reign we only had to contend with United, Chelsea and Arsenal. Now you can add Man City and Tottenham. It's gonna be much more difficult just to get back into the top 4, much less be title challengers.

Dunda

Originated from the Asian Country of India.A slang term which translated into English it simply means Cock, Penis, A Males Genitile etc. commonly used amongst many south asian people, Mainly indians and pakistani's.

LIS

Lis simply stands for laughing in Silence

:whistle:

Totally uninspired by the signing. (uninspired, not unhappy).

Because I (i) was never overly impressed watching him play (don't know much about the kid though, admittedly) and (ii) I have no clue why we're buying CM's (I dont care if he's played on the right - he's not a winger).

Full support and all that malark, still. I hope he does well. I dont think anybody would complain about such signings - the only worry I have is that it means we have less money to address our problem areas.

Absolutely delighted with the henderson deal as reported. Bits have seen he looks a talented lad with bags of potential. Interesting that we supposed to want to sign adam as well. Both henderson and adam are capable of playing as wide midfielders (not wingers) so maybe one of them would largely be played wider rather than centrally for the time being, but with so many central midfielders likely to be in the squad maybe one or two might be moved on. Prob wrong but get the feeling kenny might get rid of meireles and ship shelvey out on loan (not including poulsen because with any luck we will get rid of him whatever happens.

I can understand some of the concern if we do only sign the players we are being strongly linked with (doni, jones, enrique, adam, henderson, downing, wickham, marveaux) that we may still be a bit short out wide which is probably our weakest area but if the intention is downing on one wing and adam or henderson on the other it could work better than a lot of people think. Although I rate the 3 players concerned, that prospect doesn't really excite me too much but I think its important for us all to realise that its about having a balanced team who compliment each other and are all capable of playing in the way that kenny wants us to play. Yeah I think the likes of young or a.lennon, for example, are more dynamic and exciting individuals than downing but its not always about having the best individuals its more about how everybody fits together as a cohesive unit. I would be more than happy if we got a mata or n'zogbia or whoever, as well as the players mentioned, but if we don't I won't be full of despair and I reckon kenny will know exactly how he wants the new look team to function and as all these players seem to be good footballers who are comfortable on the ball maybe the whole will turn out to be a lot more than the sum of the individual parts.

Plus who's to say all our CM's will be here next season?

I agree they will not be, at least one sold and loan deal for another So much for the squad just needing tweaked, it is being rebuilt with the spine of the best players staying.

Getting well excited about all this now and I would not be surprised to see Agger and Meireles going. There will be a surprise or two and those two are high on the list and I still think the wage thing is still simmering regarding Meireles. If he was staying they would have given him the rise.

We all knew we needed major rebuilding and it looks like we are going to get it.

If what the Guardian and Telegraph are reporting this morning is true and we have signed Henderson for 13 mill plus Ngog, well put it this way if man u had done same deal with maybe someone like Bebe we would all be gutted, it's a good deal. Henderson has bags of ability and potential he may not have been showing it consistently at Sunderland but in a better team surrounded by better players he will surely only flourish, who better to learn from than Stevie G?

If we can bring in a winger, Adam, central defender and left back we surely have a chance of getting back in Champions League. We will need another striker as back up though I think were still short up front.

Great deal for the club no matter now you look at it. He looks a recent player with bags of potential. With the players we are linked with it looks like it will take us a couple of years before we challenge for the title. Stage 1 is to build a squad capable of challenging for a CL spot. once we get there we know know we can attract better players to challenge for the title. we can't entice the majority of the top players without CL football without offering them the wages man city would pay.

To be honest Henderson has slipped completley under the radar for me.

Never really paid any close attention to him at all until now (bad Aquilani flashback moment), but who knows eh?

Seems like a lot of money to spend but maybe this is just the beginning of what will be a monster summer in the market?