You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Making runs forward doesn't negate what he is, Mongislander.

Again with the insults. The fact all his play is centre around forward momentum and he's the fulcrum in a side that throws caution to the wind might be an indication that he's clearly not a defensive player, let alone a deep lying one.

Who drives their play forward time after time? a

If Adam were to work on his tackling, his positional sense and make less marauding runs forward then he may well be able to play as a deep lying playmaker, as it is though he hasn't so he isn't.

Gerrard can play long balls out to the wings, it doesn't make him anymore of a deep lying playmaker either.

Alonso is a deep lying play maker, he's also a holding defensive midfielder. His game is built around being in the right place to win the ball back and then spread the play or make an easy short pass. His game is nothing like Charlie Adams'.

Jesus christ... There is simply no talking to you.

never_go_full_retard.jpg

There is I just don't agree. Also I can't see that picture of a retard but I'm sure it's delightful.

Perhaps the reason you can't "talk to me" is because your posting consists of making random statements then failing to back them up or even trying to with any kind of evidence whatsoever. Oh and posting pictures, how could I forget that?

Football transfer rumours: Mario Götze to Manchester United? | Football | guardian.co.uk

Simon Burnton

Serial Sissoko-signers Liverpool are close to a summer deal for Toulouse's 21-year-old midfield ace Moussa, and secured the juvenile transfer of the week by bringing in Bradford's 14-year-old defender Nial Heaton. Overworked Anfield scouts have also been casting their covetous eyes over Feyenoord's Georginio Wijnaldum.

Liverpool monitoring Paul Robinson amid concerns of Manchester United or Arsenal move for Pepe Reina - Telegraph

Liverpool are keeping an eye on Blackburn goalkeeper Paul Robinson amid growing concern that they could lose current stopper Pepe Reina to Manchester United or Arsenal this summer.

Full story: Daily Telegraph

Reina can leave Anfield if a rival club triggers a £20 million escape clause in the Spaniard’s contract and the 28 year-old admitted recently that he is keen to play for a club capable of “fighting for titles” after winning just one trophy – the FA Cup – since leaving Atlético Madrid for Liverpool in 2005.

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish said last month that he expected Reina to remain at the club in the long term, but it is understood that former England goalkeeper Robinson is being considered as a possible replacement should Reina be tempted away from Merseyside at the end of the season.

Edwin van der Sar’s planned retirement at United this summer has raised the alarming prospect of Liverpool losing Reina to their bitter rivals, who visit Anfield this Sunday, but United are also watching Schalke’s Manuel Neuer, Holland keeper Maarten Stekelenburg and Spanish youngster David de Gea.

Stekelenburg and Neuer are also on Liverpool’s radar, along with Lyon’s Hugo Lloris, but Robinson’s resurgence at Blackburn since his £3.5 million arrival from Tottenham in 2008 has been noted at Anfield.

The 31 year-old is viewed as a risk-free option having performed at the highest level with England, and he can also point to Champions League experience during his formative years with Leeds United.

And with just over two years to run on his contract at Ewood Park, Robinson is likely to be the least expensive option available to Liverpool should Reina leave the club.

Neuer, who impressed for Germany during last summer’s World Cup, is believed to be United’s first choice to replace Van der Sar.

The 24 year-old has a £12.8 million escape clause in his contract at Schalke and is also of interest to Bayern Munich, but Schalke chairman Clemens Tönnies claims United have already registered their interest.

Tönnies said: “An international agent approached me and informed me that Manchester United are interested in Neuer. If Manchester United make a written inquiry then we will deal with it.”

Newcastle are eyeing former Liverpool man John Arne Riise as a replacement for Jose Enrique.

Magpies boss Alan Pardew fears left-back Enrique is, ironically, Anfield-bound in the summer and is lining up the Norwegian to take his place.

Riise only has one more year left on his contract at Roma and would be available on a cut-price deal.

He could easily fit straight back into the Premier League, having learned the ropes in Liverpool's Champions League-winning squad.

Read more: Liverpool Newcastle transfer news Newcastle are lining up ex-Anfield star John Arne Riise of Roma to replace Jose Enrique who is being linked with a move to Liverpool - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

That depends if you believe the bullshit about get out clauses!

Very true, Ballague who was the ONLY one correct on the Torres story, is adament there's no get out clause for any of the Spanish players, so I'm inclined to believe him over the Times lot who were the journos who started the clause stories about Torres and Reina

Either way if a player wants to go then go

Charles N'Zogbia has hinted he will only leave Wigan for one of the biggest clubs in the Premier League, such as Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, or Manchester United, although he does expect to be considering offers to move on in the summer.

N'Zogbia has admitted he views Wigan as 'a springboard club' - especially as his move to the DW Stadium was effectively one of only a few options available during his acrimonious exit from Newcastle two years ago.

And although the French winger said he is determined to save the Latics from relegation this season, he admits his future will be on the agenda once the campaign is over.

'At the start Wigan was a springboard club for me,' he revealed.

'But I've been here two years and I want to do everything possible to keep the club in the Premier League.

'I'll finish this season and then look at my future.'

The circumstances of N'Zogbia's proposed transfer to Birmingham last summer - when a £9m move fell through over personal terms and, reportedly, the player's demands the club demonstrate their ambition to qualify for Europe, suggest he has his sights set higher than St Andrew's.

And while the 24-year-old is cagey over the specifics of that deal, it is believed he is holding out for one of the bigger clubs in the division - an ambition that could come to fruition amid reports of interest from the Gunners, Liverpool and Manchester United in particular.

'I have no regrets [about staying at Wigan],' said N'Zogbia, whose current team will take on United at home on Saturday before Blues compete for the first silverware of the season in the Carling Cup final at Wembley.

'I have my reasons for not going to Birmingham, who were the only club to have made an offer. I will not say any more.'

Read more: | Metro.co.uk

Fucking hell. Even Pascal Chimbonda waited until the after the last kick of the season before he handed in his request.