You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

One thing I've noticed recently is that Johnson has improved markedly under Kenny and Clarke. It helps us inasmuch as it makes left back less of a priority. He was actually better defensively today than he was going forward.

Who we sign will depend on how many we can shift out. Unrealio has to be top of the list, why he was brought back is a total mystery. We need 3 first teamers though to get back into the CL places next season.

Minimum of three. Everyone knows we need wide players, but I think most fans are split over whether the next priority should be central midfield, left back or centre half. If we could get a good value left back of the Arbeloa/Finnan variety it would help, as I think we need to spend more on centre mid.

One thing I've noticed recently is that Johnson has improved markedly under Kenny and Clarke. It helps us inasmuch as it makes left back less of a priority. He was actually better defensively today than he was going forward.

I agree that Johnson looks like a different player since Dalglish was made manager again.

What defenders we will need largely depend on how Kenny plans to use Kelly next season. If he stays at right back, we desperately need to dump the likes of Agger and Skrtel and get in a new top class cb. That and getting a top class player for the left side are my top priorities. I think we should go after Bale in the summer.

Nicky Maynard. Really? Is Pepe going to stay once he hears that we've signed Nicky Maynard. We're not Everton, signing shit players because they have to, we are Liverpool Football Club. Lets put it this way. Would any of the other big clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Utd, City etc be looking at him? No way. If we are to replace Ngog, it would have to be someone like Connor Wickham.

so replace ngog with someone who is similar in size and has a first touch just like ngogs

fuck that

i dont know what the hype is about, ive seen him play many times this season and he isnt that great to be honest. would be a bad move.....along with maynard.

if we want to put this club where it should be we need to sign some of the best attackers around........

our youngsters are promising enough...

we need first team players right now!

Get Jarvis of the price is right, he can't score but he constantly gets good quality crosses in and he puts in a shift every game

im all for getting bargains...

and i know he is a decent player

but we wont go anywhere fast with players like mat jarvis.

there is a reason wolves arent a top 6 team, and that reason is becuase against the smaller clubs in the prem they struggle, and they cant influence a match like they seem to do against big clubs......

the reason is there is more room against bigger teams becasue they play more open attacking football. this is when players like jarvis look really good.

our problem isnt these games.....we do well against the big teams and generally play good football against them.

our problem is agaisnt the small shitter teams who dont come out and deny us space......jarvis would still struggle in these games, just like he does for wolves in these games.

we need top quality to help us against the shit teams.....this is why we have struggled for so long.......small clubs deny us space.....

top quality players find space, or can excell in tight situations......

matt jarvis isnt the type of player we need right now

not in a million years.

im all for getting bargains...

and i know he is a decent player

but we wont go anywhere fast with players like mat jarvis.

there is a reason wolves arent a top 6 team, and that reason is becuase against the smaller clubs in the prem they struggle, and they cant influence a match like they seem to do against big clubs......

the reason is there is more room against bigger teams becasue they play more open attacking football. this is when players like jarvis look really good.

our problem isnt these games.....we do well against the big teams and generally play good football against them.

our problem is agaisnt the small shitter teams who dont come out and deny us space......jarvis would still struggle in these games, just like he does for wolves in these games.

we need top quality to help us against the shit teams.....this is why we have struggled for so long.......small clubs deny us space.....

top quality players find space, or can excell in tight situations......

matt jarvis isnt the type of player we need right now

not in a million years.

Jarvis has done it against everyone, the lad gets the ball out of his feet and whips in quality crosses. As has been said, not the first choice by any means but if the price was right to have him in the squad would be improve us. If top players find space then Jarvis is a top player because that's the one thing he always seems to do, he can't shoot for shit like but that aside he's been brilliant this season regardless of oppo.

Just logged on again to suggest Jarvis. Think he would be good addition for the left.

I wouldn't make him first choice to buy but I would certainly have him on the list for left wing.

Would not cost a lot (about 5 million) and it only 24.

Jarvis has done it against everyone, the lad gets the ball out of his feet and whips in quality crosses. As has been said, not the first choice by any means but if the price was right to have him in the squad would be improve us. If top players find space then Jarvis is a top player because that's the one thing he always seems to do, he can't shoot for shit like but that aside he's been brilliant this season regardless of oppo.

i do think he is a good player, i dont disagree with you there.

i was saying we should have bought him last season, he ripped carra i seem to remember at anfield i think.

but i just think where we are now, and they way football and the prem is going we need higher quality players......first choice and 2nd choice.

id much rather buy 2-3 quality and versatile wingers for big money and then let 1 or 2 of our youngsters hopefully develop into first teamers.

i think they way football has changed has meant strikers/attackers are more happy to play out wide and rotate they're positions....thats the reason i think we should be looking to buy the very best we can in these positions becuase if we get high quality they can interchange and that helps with injuries......which seems to cost teams more points these days.

Just logged on again to suggest Jarvis. Think he would be good addition for the left.

I wouldn't make him first choice to buy but I would certainly have him on the list for left wing.

Would not cost a lot (about 5 million) and it only 24.

i really dont think we would get him for 5 million mick mcarthy wouldnt let him go that cheap.....unless they get relegated i guess...

but i still think if we are going for wide players lets get the very best we can.

Jarvis has got a great cross on him alright. He'd be perfect for Carroll.

Whether hes the right player for us or not I don't know but as people say if the price is right then he might be worth it.

The only thing I'm sure of is we need someone who literally scares the fuck out of the opposition. Pace, strength, bit of trickery is whats needed.

Jarvis has got a great cross on him alright. He'd be perfect for Carroll.

Whether hes the right player for us or not I don't know but as people say if the price is right then he might be worth it.

The only thing I'm sure of is we need someone who literally scares the fuck out of the opposition. Pace, strength, bit of trickery is whats needed.

That Wijnaldum would do that.

Lille are back on top of the Ligue 1 and Hazard scored a fantastic goal last night. His left foot is absolutely amazing. Always had him down as a right footer but boy can he strike with his other foot-it was Ronaldoesque. Fantastic player. Hope we get him, but given the competition for his signature, I can't see it happening.

Anyway his goal yesterday: Marseille 1-2 Lille

We need Hazard or Sanchez in the team to really be up there again tbh.

Lille are back on top of the Ligue 1 and Hazard scored a fantastic goal last night. His left foot is absolutely amazing. Always had him down as a right footer but boy can he strike with his other foot-it was Ronaldoesque. Fantastic player. Hope we get him, but given the competition for his signature, I can't see it happening.

Actually, that's not 'being honest'. It's being dramatic, and it's completely untrue.

Hazard or Sanchez would aid in that pursuit of 'being up there again', but it doesn't hinge on those two players.

Actually, that's not 'being honest'. It's being dramatic, and it's completely untrue.

Hazard or Sanchez would aid in that pursuit of 'being up there again', but it doesn't hinge on those two players.

Yeah.

Should have said some one like Hazard or Sanchez to make us a fearsome attack.

Funny how theres talk of really challenging and getting back with the top teams where we belong, yet people are still talking about bringing in squad players like we did continually with Benitez.

The whole problem with his strategy was that he went with 4 or 5 squad player to improve the team instead of 1 or 2 absolute top quality players. If people think we can continue doing that, going after players that are 'not the first option but good enough' and have any hope of clawing back the titles record any time soon should United win it this season, then you can forget about it. The way Man City are hoarding players and getting better as a team, you can probably forget about guaranteed Champions League football also.

You bring in absolute premium players and let what's currently in the team be the squad depth. If you have room left in the budget afterwards maybe you grab one or two, but you go after the top targets and you don't settle for second best. Or that's what you'll end up in the Prem like we did with Benitez.

Funny how theres talk of really challenging and getting back with the top teams where we belong, yet people are still talking about bringing in squad players like we did continually with Benitez.

The whole problem with his strategy was that he went with 4 or 5 squad player to improve the team instead of 1 or 2 absolute top quality players. If people think we can continue doing that, going after players that are 'not the first option but good enough' and have any hope of clawing back the titles record any time soon should United win it this season, then you can forget about it. The way Man City are hoarding players and getting better as a team, you can probably forget about guaranteed Champions League football also.

You bring in absolute premium players and let what's currently in the team be the squad depth. If you have room left in the budget afterwards maybe you grab one or two, but you go after the top targets and you don't settle for second best. Or that's what you'll end up in the Prem like we did with Benitez.

Which "squad players" are you talking about? I suppose one could argue that Benitez bought too many "second choice" or "squad players", but the bottom line is he bought too many shit players.

Eden Hazard looks a real talent and reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo in terms of technique and ability. He will be an excellent signing for someone. I just hope that it is us that gets his signature.

German giants Bayern Munich are set to join the summer race to sign Aston Villa winger Ashley Young.

Manchester United, Tottenham and Liverpool are all keen to land the England international.

Villa boss Gerard Houllier has previously warned off interested suitors by claiming the 25-year-old former Watford ace will not be allowed to leave Villa Park for less than £80million.

But it is understood the club could be forced to accept offers in the region of £12m, fearing the player could walk for nothing when his contract expires in 18 months time.

Bayern Munich had a scout tracking Young during Saturday's 3-2 Barclays Premier League defeat at Bolton - in which he missed a crucial penalty for the visitors.

Yet the Bundesliga outfit's representative was reportedly pleased with what he saw and provided positive feedback to the club, who are now poised to join the bidding war in July

Read more: Bayern Munich join Manchester United in Ashley Young race | Mail Online