You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shefki Kuqi

Xherdan

Newcastle have confirmed the signing of Finnish striker Shefki Kuqi on a free transfer.

As revealed by skysports.com earlier this week, Newcastle were lining up a move for Kuqi to solve their striking problems.

The Magpies targeted the powerful forward as they are desperately short of options in attack having sold Andy Carroll to Liverpool on deadline day and lost Shola Ameobi for several weeks with a fractured cheekbone.

The 34-year-old was available on a free transfer having cancelled his contract at Swansea last month by mutual consent and he has agreed a short-term deal until the end of the season at St James' Park.

Another option

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew believes the former Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesdayfrontman will add an extra dimension to his squad for the remainder of the season.

"We needed another option up front, because we're a little light there due to the temporary loss of Shola, and Shefki will provide us with something different," he told the club's official website.

"He's match fit and knows the English game well having been in the country for the best part of ten years. He is ready straight away and that's what we wanted.

"Shefki is a good, honest pro who will give us a strong physical presence from the bench."

Kuqi makes Magpies move | Sky Sports | Newcastle United | Football | Premier League | Sky Sports

You really couldnt make that shit up.

If Roy was still here this thread could have been Liverpool related.

"Well I've a lot of time for Shefki after my tenure as Finnish manager, during which time I actually received the Helsinki Bugle's manager of the month award on not one but too different occasions..."

Kuqi's scored against us in the past, hasn't he?

Every shit striker in the world has scored against us. EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ONE.

Here's a fucking list right off the top of my head:

Alan Smith

Pierluigi Casiraghi (possibly his only goal in English football)

Forlan (when he was shit)

KEVIN FUCKING LISBIE SCORED A HAT-TRICK.

That cunt with the Zorro mask or whatever it was (played for Fulham?)

Danny cunting Cadamarteri

Mido. Fucking Mido.

Shevchenko.

David Nugent.

Stephane Guivarch (nice signing Kenny, only goal in his career came against Liverpool. Hope Carroll's better)

Grabbi. Seriously.

Baptista.

Every shit striker in the world has scored against us. EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ONE.

Here's a fucking list right off the top of my head:

Alan Smith

Forlan (when he was shit)

KEVIN FUCKING LISBIE SCORED A HAT-TRICK.

Mido. Fucking Mido.

Shevchenko.

David Nugent.

Stephane Guivarch (nice signing Kenny, only goal in his career came against Liverpool. Hope Carroll's better)

Grabbi. Seriously.

Baptista.

Casiraghi - I had a quick check and barring the most pointless act of Wikipedia vandalism ever, you're fucking right.

Was the Fulham mask guy that South American, Sava I think his name was? If so yeah he was cack an all.

I've looked at your list, and while I understand and agree with your general point, I don't agree with some of the names on the list. Others I do.

He definitely was NOT shit. We never got to see how he'd cope with English football because he suffered a career-ending knee injury. He was a very good striker in an era when Serie A was the strongest league in the world. And he never looked out of place in that company.

KEVIN FUCKING LISBIE SCORED A HAT-TRICK

Agree on this one. We were utterly shit defensively that day. What hurt more was that I paid £5 to watch that on PremPlus. We were also bossing that game until he got his first.

That would be Facundo Sava. That he's remembered for his masks rather than his goalscoring prowess speaks volumes.

Ah yes, Everton's answer to Owen, before jug-eared Jeffers came along. This guy was shit, but he made a mug of Kvarme, which makes Kvarme the 1990s version of Paul McShane.

Mido. Fucking Mido.

He had the tools to be a top player. Unfortunately, confidence in his own ability didn't translate into showing much of that ability. Amr Zaki is another moody cunt who didn't like Mido either.

Shevchenko.

The player that turned up at Chelsea is not the same player as the Ukrainian who was one of the world's best strikers in the last decade. The beginning of his decline can be traced back to a double-save by Dudek in Istanbul. That broke him before he stepped up in the shoot-out.

David Nugent.

Grew up as a Blueshite fan, and went on to have a similarly MOR career, doing nothing of note.

Seriously, he was a shit player. Quite possibly the worst footballer even to win a World Cup winners medal. He started in that final too!

Grabbi. Seriously.

Dear Lord! What is it about us that causes these no-marks to have an epiphany? He came, he saw, he did fuck all, he left.

And I can add a few names if I may.

Helder Postiga

Mikkel Beck

Andreas Andersson

Dean Holdsworth

Jostein Flo

Cristian "Chucho" Benitez