You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LA Noire

James

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oi supermarkets, why aren't you having a price war over this? Price fixing cunts.

According to some folk on HotUKDeals, will be £25 when bought with a chart game or PSN/Xbox Live points from midnight instore at Tesco's.

Hasn't been confirmed though.

Was gonna buy it on 360 until I found about the 3 fucking discs and it running a lot smoother on PS3.

PS3 version it is then.

Microsoft are addressing the capacity issue by releasing future games on a dual layer type disc, but the new format is only going to create an extra gig and a bit of storage, so the future capacity of an Xbox disc will be around 10Gb, or just under. This will obviously require a firmware update for Xbox.

My motto is "if it's Rockstar and looks amazing, buy it".

Exactly, even their table tennis game was good.

This game does look amazing. It looks like all the best parts of the Getaway, GTAs and Mafia games all rolled into one.

On that case also, hitting the sack soon as you really have to concentrate on the clues for the interrogations/questioning and I'm knackered and missed loads out the last one.

The game's really growing on me

I finished it and forcing myself to go to bed now otherwise I'll be up all night playing it.

Same here, it's getting really addictive now and I've found myself getting into my stride with the clues. Just hope a month down the line it doesn't start to get repetitive.

On an unrelated note It already feels weird that this games map isn't broken up by water as per most Rockstar games,

Obviously being true to the city back in 1947, but it's just street after street at the moment and nothing else to break it up into chunks. It's almost overwhelming due to the size and only the first part of LA is unlocked for me at the stage I'm at.

I had a blast on this for a couple of hours before work and I must admit, I've been somewhat underwhelmed thus far.

Don't get me wrong, I know I'm in the early throws of the game, but it's just been too slow for my personal liking, especially the introductory level when you're a beat cop.

The introductory level was too fragmented for my liking. I prefer no more than 5 minutes of tutorial and then to be thrown head first into a game.

I've not got the sense of tension so far, but again, that'll be down to the early stage I'm at.

The visuals and sounds are outstanding though, as they always are with Rockstar games, so I anticipate a pick up in intensity soon enough. Another couple of hours after work should hopefully set me on my way to being fully engrossed in the game.

Seems a bit mixed the reaction

Is it a buy now or do i do the usual buy it for £20 in a couple of months

I loved Shemue,Mass Effect,Eldar scroll games

I'd wait. Like I said in my previous post, I loved Shenmue, but this game isn't as good as what I was expecting/hoping.