You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The transfer reflection thread.

Fugitive

We done goofed. That £50m would have gone a long way on this creeky poor looking squad. But we've gone and blown nearly the entire lot on Andy Carroll, and tried as best we good to give the rest away to Blackpool for Charlie Adam.

The worrying thing for me is that both these signings will have been Kenny's, and i worry about the Summer window, if there's any money to spend.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here, i knew that it was time for Robbie to move on,but it was still hurt

If i'm honest this is the first departure that has left me with that feeling of betrayal and disappointment in the stomach, knowing that he could have really led us to great things. New owners, new money, new belief and he fucks off within 3 days... it hurts.

The Owen and God times for whatever reason dont smart like this one does and will until the little shit leaves those blue cunts and is headed back to spain...

Chelsea FFS...

The rent boy cunt has really fucked me off with stuff like "show respect to Chelseas offer". Since he would not put in a shift I think we have done quite well in this window and increased our options up front. We will be better off for the rest of the season as the new lads try to impress everyone and play for the shirt.

We done goofed. That £50m would have gone a long way on this creeky poor looking squad. But we've gone and blown nearly the entire lot on Andy Carroll, and tried as best we good to give the rest away to Blackpool for Charlie Adam.

The worrying thing for me is that both these signings will have been Kenny's, and i worry about the Summer window, if there's any money to spend.

I think we will have cash in the summer regardless of who the manager is. we have just spent the Torres and Babel cash with perhaps some change or some extra thrown in. Either way we are not being but-fucked by cancer & aids and RBS so cash for players will be there.

What you need to remember is Torres is 26 soon to be 27 and £50m for the torres of the past 18 months is an absolute steal he also seems to have lost his pace aswell since his injury.

Imagine if he starts to sulk at Chelsea the fans won't like it and won't accept it.

On the other hand we have got 2 strikers who are young and hungry for about the same price, yes Torres has shown flashes of his brilliance now and again, but Suarez also has this ability.

We have been looking for a while for that big strong CF and we get possibly the one guy who actually does look like he could be the next big CF for England, every pundit seems to beleive Carroll has something so lets hope we can make him reach his potential here.

Our front line now has some bite in it (no pun intended) and if they do click we could have the start of something very special on our hands ..not just one decent striker ..but two!

We got rid of one rubbish player in Babel and one great player who's heart was clearly no longer at the club for two exciting young prospects with the potential to be great players for us.

Overall, I'm happy with that.

This club has moved on when Keegan, Rush and Owen left in their pomp years and it will do so again no problem.

Happy with it, considering that Torres asked to leave.

I still think we're a striker short though, even with NGog, because I'm not sure Suarez can do the number 9 thing. After all, this is what we were all complaining about before the window opened, that we only had one number 9 and then NGog as backup. Well, nothing's really changed in that regard.

But Suarez is a terrific signing and hopefully signals a return to the right for Gerrard.

Carroll

Suarez

Maxi Meireles Poulson Gerrard

Johnson Agger Carragher Kelly

Peps

Aurelio

Skrtel

Lucas

Spearing

Pacheco

Ngog

Kuyt

It's still not a really strong squad. Gutted that we couldn't get Adam in the end, he would have been a really handy squad player.

delighted to see kenny putting his stamp on the squad now. couldn't have seen this coming this time last week but the last few days and particularly today have been mental.

kenny has been playing rafa and roys team since he took over but now we're gonna see his own ideas.

can't wait until carroll is fit and we see him and suarez up front together. I think we'll be 442 when they're all fit.

when is the horse gonna be fit?

I would also like to point out Should Lou and Andy (I don't like that!) take off we have created our strike force for the next 5 years.

We got Lucas/Meireles/Shelvey/Pacheco as our midfield and Kelly and Agger and maybe Johnson as our defence, we can only hope Pepe stays and we have got the makings of a superb side for the next five years.

That not to mention Wilson/Ayala /Suso coming through, we really should be looking at that and realise our future could be not just bright but dazzling!

(edit : Carroll is meant to be fit either in the next month though alot of reports are saying 5th feb was/is his return date).

I hope all this has taught FSG a harsh lesson and i hope Kenny gave them a piece of his mind. They have been treading water hoping to do as little as possible until the summer (I hope), stood mute over Hodgson, still no CEO, not a peep about what they're gonna do about the gound and up until this afternoon, 3-toed Sloth movement in the transfer market. We have now lost a world class player due to what could be classed as miss managment. Had we had made the transfers we needed in the summer then maybe it would've convinced him to stay. Instead he does a bunk and leaves us to get dry bummed by the Geordies. What we need to do now is secure our summer transfers now as I don't have much faith in Commoli. It may mean paying a few bob more but I don't want to see us get caught out like this again.

Edited by The Acolyte