You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

Wish we'd tell them to fuck off. We lose very little delaying this until the summer and could gain alot (change of heart from the player, potential City bid, selling him to a continental club instead of a rival). The way Bacon face handled Ronaldo should be the blue print here.

Wish we'd tell them to fuck off. We lose very little delaying this until the summer and could gain alot (change of heart from the player, potential City bid, selling him to a continental club instead of a rival). The way Bacon face handled Ronaldo should be the blue print here.

I'd rather we done what he done with Heinze.

Yeah coz FSG asked Torres to hand in his transfer request three days before the window closes so they can cash in and leave thier company in the shit, so we don't have enough time to get a replacement, you fucking bellend wake up ..

TORRES handed a request in and said he does not want to be here on Tuesday.

same happened when Kenny took over before, we lost an "irreplacable" player and bought shit like Beardsley, Barnes and Aldridge, seriously Torres is good but all players can be replaced.

Dead right but not in 2 days though.

Thats why we should make him wait until summer and make sure he goes on our terms.

If you put in a bid around £30M on the assumption the club will take the money, I`m not sure its so certain the same club will increase the offer with £20M to £50M and in the same time smash their own transfer record with the same £20M.

We`ll see, personally I hope and think he will stay put for now.

Think this about sums it up for me too

The Chavs put in what they were sure would seal the deal ,that extra 20 mill is a huge jump especially when the club have played a blinder by rejecting everything so far .Think this is destined for a summer exit and hopefully a decent wedge for Kenny to spend

And just where the fuck was this magical millions gonna end up?? back in the club for Benitez to blow or to pay off bank loans ?? Could've sworn that he still has 2 years left so the club still supposedly able to "call the shots" for a bidding war in the summer.

I think he meant a bidding war next summer, rather than last. Which may now not be possible due to the clause.

I would love it if he stays now with us knowing he wants to and probably will leave in the summer so every time he scores a goal instead of the kop going nuts everyone in the stands just clap politely.

All I can think is shrek managed to piss off everyone at old turdhouse, including the fans, an ended up with a new contract with a rediculous salary and scum fans loving him again.

Can't see that happening here but that's football as it is now.

Torres' stock is high now due to him bagging a few goals even though he has been largely dross for about 18 months.

In the summer, a few months of prolonged sulking, fans on his back and no goals = stock low.

Get rid and don't look back in anger.

Why are people so sure that hes gone now?

Whilst I would like him to stay and put this behind us, he has had ample opportunity to withdraw his transfer request and he hasnt. Therefore we can only conclude that, although LFC do not want to lose a player this way, we need to look after the club's interests and let him go.

Whilst I would like him to stay and put this behind us, he has had ample opportunity to withdraw his transfer request and he hasnt. Therefore we can only conclude that, although LFC do not want to lose a player this way, we need to look after the club's interests and let him go.

The clubs best interests is letting him go in the summer, not now.

you cant withdraw a transfer request that has been rejected mate

Torres' stock is high now due to him bagging a few goals even though he has been largely dross for about 18 months.

In the summer, a few months of prolonged sulking, fans on his back and no goals = stock low.

We're guaranteed to get £50m for him anyways in the summer, with the alleged clause.

We've got a better chance of finishing fourth in the league and winning the UEFA cup with him here until the summer.

Also if we pull of a miracle and finish fourth, he's got his Champs league wish and might change his stance.

I see absolutely no advantage of selling him this month, unless Chelsea want to break the world record for a transfer fee.

18 goals in 20 starts is not dross.

We're guaranteed to get £50m for him anyways in the summer, with the alleged clause.

We've got a better chance of finishing fourth in the league and winning the UEFA cup with him here until the summer.

Also if we pull of a miracle and finish fourth, he's got his Champs league wish and might change his stance.

I see absolutely no advantage of selling him this month, unless Chelsea want to break the world record for a transfer fee.

this.

Why are we guaranteed to get £50 million in summer?

I do.

If the £50m clause is genuine, and does not exclude English teams, then I'd sell him now, if for nothing else than to keep Man Utd out of the picture. As long as we get £45m+.