You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I've never seen anything special from Coady apart from that one goal for England a while back. Overall he's just a decent, neat and tidy type player who obviously has some leadership qualities but is never likely to be good enough.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No mate he's not with the first team this year. Robbo went straight to America with the squad. Suso tweeted earlier today that he was on his way to Boston.

I heard that Conor was unhappy with this and now wants to leave or to be sent on loan.

He should go out on loan next season anyway. We're littered with centre mids, so he won't be near the first team and he's 19 now and had enough reserve team football.

Nobody fucks with the Jesus

Hahaha, nice one. Fucking love that movie!

"Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."

The Dude: Jesus.

Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus."

Wasn't he expected to move to centre back eventually?

I don't know why he plays in midfield because he hasn't really got the pace, passing ability or technique. You could have said the same of Carra at the same age and he ended up at the back.

I don't think Conor will make it here, he doesn't really get involved in games enough. Reserve games seem to pass him by, which really if you're goin to make it at Liverpool shouldn't be happening.

I disagree, in the Nextgen he failed to impose himself as he should have but at reserve level he did well, when our backs were up against it Conor would pop up and get a goal, make a run, win the ball back and get it to the dangerman. It surprised me how often it happened last season but was very apparent watching the academy review that he was often the man that stood up for the team when we were struggling.

He's spent a lot of time deferring to Suso, Shelvey, Pacheco, Sterling etc to make offensive inroads while he kept an eye out defensively. With him starting the second half in Adorjan's (I like him and thought it was excellent to see Rodgers take a look at him in a deeper role and I don't really care about the result overall) place last night we'd have won, I'm sure of that, because Conor would have been in there. But he does show his quality when needed. It seems, either loan or permanent, like we're aiming to get him playing elsewhere this season. Which is what he needs. He's a very good player, with a great mentality and is always willing to take responsibility.

Like Sama, Wisdom, to some degree Robinson and Flanagan and Roddan (who will not be the same class of player but will hopefully come good for someone), Coady needs experience.

Suso tweeted that he is back with the Reserves and that nothing changes,he then deleted it,he's rightly annoyed whats the fucking point,the reserve league is shite and he shouldn't be playing in it as he isn't going to improve.

I'm not saying he should be in the first team but at least he should be part of the setup

That's sad to hear if true. The lad really looks a talent, but at this level he just won;t get the chance will he? In less he bangs a brace in in every friendly/ reserve game he plays in I fear managers just aren't going to be willing to give him a proper chance.

I can't understand why Suso isn't even selected in the B-list for the europa league qualification. Is Adorjan, Coady, Dunn, Lussey and Roddan really selected instead. That is a bit strange, something must have happened on the america tour. Maybe he has bad attitude. It's really sad if we let him go, I think he has great potential. :(

The list gets re-done for every qualification round. Rodgers is taking more of the lads he hasn't seen directly. Suso will play against Huddersfield senior side, giving him the chance to show he can dictate a match.

I hope that you are right, that this isn't a sign of him not beeing in Rodgers plans. But howcome the other reserves are in the list, aren't they also going to figure in the ressies match against Huddersfield?