You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who Does KENNY Cut Loose, Given The Chance?

aiyic

Early days yet, as Kenny has said himself, but if he was appointed full-time, who do you think he would call into his office for that chat?

As apposed to who you think should be offed.

Kenny has a ruthless streak, that he delivers with a sugar-cube - he cares too much for this club to give a toss about reputation or profile.

There are the obvious choices - such as Konch - but are there more high profile players Kenny secretly thinks little of, or at the very least thinks are devisive, despite their talents? Torres even?

By my reckoning, I think Deadly-Dirk would high on the 'services no longer required' list. He's very similar (imho) to the the man he replaced all those years ago as a player - but nowhere near as inspirational, or cute. Takes too long to control the ball, costing valuable urgency in attack; the opposite of what Kenny stands for.

Glen is another I think Kenny doesn't rate. Far too much of a liability, despite his 'best LB in the country' tag.

And I don't think Skrtel would survive a Kenny-cull.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Early days yet, as Kenny has said himself, but if he was appointed full-time, who do you think he would call into his office for that chat?

As apposed to who you think should be offed.

Kenny has a ruthless streak, that he delivers with a sugar-cube - he cares too much for this club to give a toss about reputation or profile.

There are the obvious choices - such as Konch - but are there more high profile players Kenny secretly thinks little of, or at the very least thinks are devisive, despite their talents? Torres even?

By my reckoning, I think Deadly-Dirk would high on the 'services no longer required' list. He's very similar (imho) to the the man he replaced all those years ago as a player - but nowhere near as inspirational, or cute. Takes too long to control the ball, costing valuable urgency in attack; the opposite of what Kenny stands for.

Glen is another I think Kenny doesn't rate. Far too much of a liability, despite his 'best LB in the country' tag.

And I don't think Skrtel would survive a Kenny-cull.

He rates Johnson. He said so the other day and it's in his book.

Kuyt was chosen to take the armband when Stevie was sent off, not Reina, so I think Kenny holds him in high regard along with Torres as well after reading his comments. I think Konchesky might go along with Poulsen and Jovanovic.

Yeah, forgot about Jova.

I think the candiates for culling would be Konchesky, Jovanovic, Poulsen since they don't appear to add anything to the team or appear to offer any outstanding qualities as second string players. We're still waiting for Cole to do something, so I imagine he is on the cusp of the 'out' pile. Combined, I think all of those players would give us about 15MM towards a defensive player, but not enough for a striker to accompany Torres. Kuyt will probably be staying because he provides stability and will play anywhere for Kenny. But out of all the players I've mentioned, I guess we would get the most for him if he were traded. I wouldn't want to see him go.

I think Kenny will ease Carra toward the coaching side of things. He will still play but will not be in the first choice pairing once we sign a top CB.

If Torres wants to go, and/or he doesn't look like he will get back to his best, then Kenny will cut him loose. It will be clear, man to man, straight talking and professional.

Glen Johnson will either be sold or will prove his worth on the right wing, as I feel Kelly will become the regular right back (possibly future CB too).

Poulsen will be gone, as will Konchesky, but they are easy to predict.

We will probably sign a central midfielder of such quality that either one of Lucas/Meireles will be relegated to the bench.

Maxi and Cole will become bit part players and if either one will get us some decent money, or the wages off the books, then they will go too, especially as we have some young talent coming through.

Mutts quality and his attitude is faultless but I believe my disgust at his involvement in an open pitch counter sums up why he will never be a winger.

"How the fuck can you let Gibbs catch you with a head start like that he's. 76!"

I completely understand he had to play there to neutralize a threatbut that's down to the fact we STILL don't have winters!

Personally I send the message loud and clear. Cole, kuyt, maxi and babel out and 2 quality singers in.

Aquilani and meireles out and one class midfielder in.

Quality covered by youth players like Kelly who then become first team like Kelly. No more rejects, also Rand and has Bernstein either young unreal potential based around footballing ability like touch and skill with physical attributes taken into consideration but not the be all and end all aka more aguero less babel.

Less is more. United spent big but what they did was spend on who they believed were the best young players available then supplemented with youth where they could and loan/squadwhere they could.

Inspire the youth and le them know the only thing stopping them front being first team is them.

Lets see Pacheco, ecclestone amoo sterling etc fighting. Shelvey needs time but were doin right giving him his chance.

Kenny would no doubt be ruthless enough, despite allocating Kuyt the captain's armband post-Stevie last Sunday, to show Dirk the door.

Not sure whether you are comparing Kuyt with Keegan here, but the only similarity between the two is that there surnames start with K.

Keegan was on another planet in terms of class.

(And in calling Roy a good coach, I think Kenny proves he possesses sugar-cube diplomacy when required).