You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres wants away? (Footylatest.com)

MokTheAfflicted

Liverpool about to hit new depths as star player wants out Reports are starting to come out of Spain that Liverpool striker Fernando Torres is determined to leave Anfield and has instructed his agent to do what is required to make it happen.

It is clear that Torres is unhappy at Liverpool and has been so for a while now and if the reports are to be believed then this will be more shocking news for the crisis club.

If Torres was to leave Anfield it would send out the wrong signal, not just to the players currently at the club, but any players contemplating moving to Liverpool.

It is now very hard to see how Roy Hodgson can remain in charge, the board have almost lost confidence in Hodgson and if it becomes official that Torres does indeed want out then any hopes that Hodgson had of remaining in charge will have been distinguished.

His hopes will have been distinguished eh? I am impressed.

That's footylatest for you

I wouldn't blame him if he did under the current managership. He stated in the summer he was happy to remain at Liverpool only to have his manager questioning the next day what he'd do if he was offered massive money for him. Later in the season his manager again questioned what he himself would do if 'Sir' Alex made an offer for him if he lost Rooney.

I wouldn't want to play for a manager like that myself so wouldn't blame Torres really.

Saying that though it looks like another one of those shitty reports, citing things but with no real quotes/info from anyone. Just a reporter whos woke up with his agenda for the day on his mind and has put it out there for people.

But I still wouldn't blame Nando if he did want out.

Regardless of whether there's any truth in it you couldn't blame him.

The club is a fucking shambles at the moment.

It's not though is it? It just had a shit manager and too many average players. The club itself is arguably in the best shape it's been in since the Premiership was formed. It has the biggest sponsorship deal in its history under its belt, is commercially well run, will have the second highest turnover in the league and is relatively debt free, it also has a handful - and that's the problem - a handful of top class players to build on. The best keeper, midfielder and striker in the league.

If Torres stops being such a fucking girl and puts a shift in maybe he could still win a trophy this year.

Players who moan about a club's performance are like posters who come on here and moan that the place has gone 'downhill' and that nobody ever posts any good threads anymore, and yet don't actually post anything good themselves.

The club isn't there to be Torres' vehicle, a large part of the team IS Torres, he needs to get onboard or get fucked.

Guest San Don
Personally i'd be amazed if Torres is here next season. I've already accepted it, i think its made the inevitable easier to handle.

Me too. I think we can probably add Reina as well.

Hope Kenny's appointment is the shake up we need.

Much as I'd hate two big names to leave if they dont want to wear our shirt they can just do one for the right money.

Torres apparently has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave for £50 mill. If he genuinely wants out its time we toughen up and insist on him submitting a transfer request as well as taking the £50 mill however something tells me the transfer will follow that of Alonso and Masch and we end up with £35 mill. For me losing Reina would be more devestating

Personally I feel that the only reason Torres isnt performing is coz of the previous managerial regimes. Now under Dalglish we'll prob be seein a different Torres, more commited and performing.

Having said that tho, if he really wants to leave, then we should just let him. Footy wise, his value isnt that bad, and taking into account injuries, it wouldnt be bad market value. On a personal level, no player is bigger than the club, and the team is bigger than individuals.

It's not though is it? It just had a shit manager and too many average players. The club itself is arguably in the best shape it's been in since the Premiership was formed. It has the biggest sponsorship deal in its history under its belt, is commercially well run, will have the second highest turnover in the league and is relatively debt free, it also has a handful - and that's the problem - a handful of top class players to build on. The best keeper, midfielder and striker in the league.

If Torres stops being such a fucking girl and puts a shift in maybe he could still win a trophy this year.

Players who moan about a club's performance are like posters who come on here and moan that the place has gone 'downhill' and that nobody ever posts any good threads anymore, and yet don't actually post anything good themselves.

The club isn't there to be Torres' vehicle, a large part of the team IS Torres, he needs to get onboard or get fucked.

This.

Ive read stuff like Torres havin lost his pace due to injuries. Personally I feel that aint accurate. At the Chelsea match he had the ability to sprint past Terry and score. And for Man Utd match Vidic will be playin which would give him another boost.

I dont recall him being injured much this season. And even if he's lost like a second of pace, he's still the most lethal striker around, and makes good runs. Stuff like killer instincts, skill, touch, and off the ball movement, doesnt just go away.

I feel that the only reason he seemed slower this season to some is coz he wasnt bothered. Which will prob change tomorrow.