You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sylvain Marveaux

Monster Masch

While the rest of you moan about Roy ......... this lad was meant to be in the directors box tonight.

A French left-sided winger, 24, who plays for Rennes. I have never seen him play to be honest, well at least I don't think I have. I think (not completely sure) that his contract is up in June, so that will mean we will more than likely have to pay less for him. Richie (The Tott on here) claims to have seem him play and says he isn't good enough for us.

marveaux-veut-s-envoler.jpg

It seems like we have been linked with before. Liverpool FC

Anyone heard anything?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the rest of you moan about Roy ......... this lad was meant to be in the directors box tonight.

A French left-sided winger, 24, who plays for Rennes. I have never seen him play to be honest, well at least I don't think I have. I think (not completely sure) that his contract is up in June, so that will mean we will more than likely have to pay less for him. Richie (The Tott on here) claims to have seem him play and says he isn't good enough for us.

marveaux-veut-s-envoler.jpg

It seems like we have been linked with before. Liverpool FC

Anyone heard anything?

last seen heading for John Lennon airport - above us only sky, below us only Hodgeball

karlsentk TK Karlsen

sylvain marveaux (born 1986, rennes) - left midfielder/winger. reminds me of florent malouda but with a lesser physique (172 cm)

as much as he can whip in a cross he's maybe more effective when moving infield, making things happen with defence splitting pass/assist

creative, livewire, nice to watch, good at taking on opponents - classic (winger) attributes. though lightweight + inconsistent this season

out of contract in the summer, hence the modest (reported) transfer fee. previously also linked with arsenal and chelsea

Huth was there as well tonight.

you have got to be joking?! he's alright yeah but he isnt going to make a difference and is no better than any of our current 4 first teamers and will only hinder Wilson and Kelly

thought Commolli was meant to stop this shite

karlsentk TK Karlsen

sylvain marveaux (born 1986, rennes) - left midfielder/winger. reminds me of florent malouda but with a lesser physique (172 cm)

as much as he can whip in a cross he's maybe more effective when moving infield, making things happen with defence splitting pass/assist

creative, livewire, nice to watch, good at taking on opponents - classic (winger) attributes. though lightweight + inconsistent this season

out of contract in the summer, hence the modest (reported) transfer fee. previously also linked with arsenal and chelsea

Ha ha as if Roy will be signing somebody with these attributes.:whatever:

He may be talented after all. United were quoted 8 million pounds in the summer. Let us not be cynical about him so early on.

In recognition of any talented youngster beginning to make an impact within the game, many are quick to tag them with players past and present. The German youngster Mesut Ozil, discussed in an earlier article, has been dubbed ‘the new Diego’, quite a tag to burden the youngster with at this early stage. Many do live up to their billing however. Remember Gerard Houllier, declaring Bruno Cheyrou as the ‘new Zinedine Zidane’….he didn’t disappoint did he…

Next to receive such approval is Sylvain Marveaux, dubbed ‘the new Florent Malouda’, no Zinedine Zidane but a quality player nonetheless. If Marveaux can indeed reach such heights then he will have certainly made his mark.

Born in 1986 in Vannes, Marveaux joined Stade Rennes when he turned 16 years old and has spent his entire career thus far at the Stade de la Route de Lorient. He certainly comes from a football family as his older brother Joris Steve Marveaux plays for Montpellier.

The young Marveaux made his debut in the 2006/07 season, eventually ending the season with five goals. Up until last season Marveaux had encountered some difficulties in continuing his progression as a result of injury and time spent warming the bench.

The 2009/10 season saw many start to take note of his ability as Marveaux excelled for his club, making 33 appearances, scoring 10 goals, and making 5 assists. As an attacking midfielder, Marveaux is blessed with great pace as well as the technical ability to allow him to make goals for himself as well as assist his teammates. A regular at under-21 level for the French national team, Marveaux’s progress to the senior team may only be a matter of time.

At 24 years of age, the time is now if he is to make the next step in his career. Chelsea and Manchester United are the two clubs being linked with the Frenchman, and will have to pay a rumoured £8 million to take him to the Premier League, a sum both will comfortably be able to afford. Chelsea, especially, may be in the market for some new attacking players with the likely departures of Joe Cole, Deco, Juliano Belletti and others. With the average age of the Chelsea squad being discussed also, it may be a good time to inject some new, young talent into the side. What better way for Marveaux to try and become the new Florent Malouda than to play alongside the man himself at Stamford Bridge…

If Sylvain Marveaux is to meet such expectations and make an impact in the bigger leagues of Europe however, time really is of the essence.

Someone on scum website wrote this..