You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you have Rafa back?

The Dude Abides

yes or no?  

534 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see that myself other than one or two. I warned this would happen last season before Rafa was sacked I started a thread about trusting our owners to pick a new manager, it didn't make any difference to those that wanted him out, the dismissive response from those that wanted Rafa acked was generally of the 'anyone but Rafa' or 'its not my responsibility' variety but I'm not gloating or getting on anyone's case about it. Thats even when they do now come out and say 'How were we supposed to know' like Miles Dyson. Men like you built the bomb but am not going to get all Sarah Connor on no ones arse, my objective is to get to John Henry before Roy does as he's currently riding round on a harley with a tactical shotgun causing havoc and asking people 'Have you seen this boy'. Purslow is the shapeshifting T-1000 pretending to be a CEO, saying to Rafa 'get out' of the LFC copter, if it's white in a bottle it's milk so put your metal arm through that, if you want some ask, don't peirce metal through my face while I'm drinking it thats just bad manners. I could go on but again I'm not here to gloat.

When Moores was selling his shares and everyone here was screaming 'sell sell' doesn´t matter to whom, just sell, I warned people, that things are not that bad, that they couldn´t get much worse. But did anyone listen to this wise old fox ?

No, I don´t think so.

You Sir, have just hit the nail squarely on the head. To those under 25, Rafa will always be a legend, as he (apparently) gave us European Cup No5 and was probably the best manager since they started supporting the club.

To those over 40 who can remember Shankly, Paisley and Kenny D (we wont mention the Souness era!), Rafa is seen as a bit of a lightweight in comparison. With internet forums dominated by 'the younger generation' the argument will always be in favour of Rafa, but ask the same question of veteran supporters in the pubs around Anfield, and I'm sure the response would be very different. It doesn't help that the schools have finished for Christmas and lots of kids are posting too.

Another fabricated 'fact' from one of 'your lot'.

What's up, the polls not turning out as youse expected? Ha ha Robert Mugabe would be proud of you lot!

Valencia: Fired

Liverpool: Fired

World Champions: Fired

Somebody's trying to tell us something about him.

Valencia: 2 La Ligas, Uefa Cup

Liverpool: European Champions League (for keeps), FA Cup

World Champions: World Club Championship.

That should tell you all you need to know about him.

Guest davelfc

I'll tell you a reason I think he won't be coming back. (Although there are many others)

Rafa has already been criticised in public by Roy for example, so how much have the knives been stuck in, in private by others at the club? How much shit has been piled on the former manager's shoulders.

I'm not for one second suggesting Rafa is totally blameless, oh no. But it is very easy to shift the blame when someone has left/been sacked. You only have to see Werner who was having a dig at Rafa to almost defend Roy. It's clear that Roy has been digging that knife in hard to deflect from just how absolutely shit he is.

You could draw an assumption that the new owners blame Rafa totally for mess we are in at the moment. I accept he has to take some responsibility but its' not quite as clear cut as I am sure some people at the club are making out.

We've seen the public display of blame shifting from our manager, do you think he's the only person that is capable of this?

Never in a million years will Henry employ Rafa, even though I voted yes I know it will never ever happen.

Let's put Dalglish in for now see what happens. Rafa leaving Inter has only muddied the water and split the fans again. This is all playing right into some people's hands.

Don't see that myself other than one or two. I warned this would happen last season before Rafa was sacked I started a thread about trusting our owners to pick a new manager, it didn't make any difference to those that wanted him out, the dismissive response from those that wanted Rafa acked was generally of the 'anyone but Rafa' or 'its not my responsibility' variety but I'm not gloating or getting on anyone's case about it. Thats even when they do now come out and say 'How were we supposed to know' like Miles Dyson. Men like you built the bomb but am not going to get all Sarah Connor on no ones arse, my objective is to get to John Henry before Roy does as he's currently riding round on a harley with a tactical shotgun causing havoc and asking people 'Have you seen this boy'. Purslow is the shapeshifting T-1000 pretending to be a CEO, saying to Rafa 'get out' of the LFC copter, if it's white in a bottle it's milk so put your metal arm through that, if you want some ask, don't peirce metal through my face while I'm drinking it thats just bad manners. I could go on but again I'm not here to gloat.

I have not got the first clue what you are talking about but by God I'm repping this post because one of the girls in work just looked at me and laughed and said I looked very confused.

For that alone you deserve rep-love.

I'm not for one second suggesting Rafa is totally blameless, oh no. But it is very easy to shift the blame when someone has left/been sacked. You only have to see Werner who was having a dig at Rafa to almost defend Roy. It's clear that Roy has been digging that knife in hard to deflect from just how absolutely shit he is.

You could draw an assumption that the new owners blame Rafa totally for mess we are in at the moment. I accept he has to take some responsibility but its' not quite as clear cut as I am sure some people at the club are making out.

We've seen the public display of blame shifting from our manager, do you think he's the only person that is capable of this?

Spot on that dave. Hodgson has been in shift-blame-overdrive for at least 2 months now. I don't give a fuck what they think about Benitez but I have to admit I'd be more than worried if they are just buying all the shite Roy and Purslow will be peddling.

I think the phone interview gave an indication they arn't happy with the way things are going though so maybe that means they arn't buying all Roy's shite.

Spot on that dave. Hodgson has been in shift-blame-overdrive for at least 2 months now. I don't give a fuck what they think about Benitez but I have to admit I'd be more than worried if they are just buying all the shite Roy and Purslow will be peddling.

I think the phone interview gave an indication they arn't happy with the way things are going though so maybe that means they arn't buying all Roy's shite.

lets hope so,

personally, i belive talk is cheap, and quite frankly, thats all our "new yanks" have done so far

they havent done one single thing of note since they took over, call it naive, or call impatience, but any half-wit knew hodgson needed sacking straight away, he's fucking garbage

as for Rafa coming back, Dave hit the nail on the head there

i wont lie, i wanted him gone all last season, and many times before that, we all knew his hands where tied regarding funds etc.... but his defensive minded approach would never have won us the league (just like the hodge), you just have to look at every champion winning team in europe, they all play a quick passing, pressing game, yet all we seem to have been doing for the past 10 years is hoofing it up to our strikers

i want the hodge gone now, if we cant appoint our number 1 target, then give the job to Kenny, simple as that really

Guest TesticleOReilly
It shows how desperate some Reds have become, obsessing over a manager who's been sacked from two jobs in less than a year. We deserve better than this.

No we don't. We're a bunch of crying bitching moaning fannies who hurl abuse at anyone that dares to question our opinions. We deserve nothing but what we're getting until we get our act together. Can't demand standards from someone else when ours are appalling.

lets hope so,

personally, i belive talk is cheap, and quite frankly, thats all our "new yanks" have done so far

they havent done one single thing of note since they took over, call it naive, or call impatience, but any half-wit knew hodgson needed sacking straight away, he's fucking garbage

i wont lie, i wanted him gone all last season, and many times before that, we all knew his hands where tied regarding funds etc.... but his defensive minded approach would never have won us the league (just like the hodge), you just have to look at every champion winning team in europe, they all play a quick passing, pressing game, yet all we seem to have been doing for the past 10 years is hoofing it up to our strikers

i want the hodge gone now, if we cant appoint our number 1 target, then give the job to Kenny, simple as that really

Mourinho is a defensive manager whos won titles in the last 10 years.

Guest davelfc
lets hope so,

Well we did come second, so I'm guessing with the right backing he could lead a team to win the premiership. Not that I believe that will ever be us.

As for the new owners, they've talked the talk but until we see them actually did their hands in their pockets then they've yet to walk the walk. It's just stadium put back, Roy still in his job and nothing spent.

Please don't take that the wrong way, they've had no transfer window to spend money, they could for all I know be about to appoint a brilliant new manager and they might as we speak be drawing up some amazing plans regarding stadium or redevelopment.

It's too early to judge either way. I do think they're surrounded by the wrong people, so in that respect maybe it's a good thing they're taking their time.

Why can't he be the long term solution?

He's not as old as Ferguson, Wenger or Redknapp, three of the top five managers in the league.

I just got the vibe that Kenny wanted the job knowing it was likely to be short term. If he's up for a full long stint in management again, and I'm wrong about his intentions, I'm certainly not against the idea of him managing us again.

Guest davelfc
Lets not forget he took a harmonious all conquering Inter team from first to 7th and managed to upset half the players in the process.

Not fit to manager LFC

Really? You're just throwing that out there? That hardly deserves a reply.

He's not coming, they won't appoint him. He isn't coming back. Put the knife away and move slowly towards the exit.

Been lurking this site for years.

TLW is one of the better forums that allows opinions and doesnt trigger happy ban others when they're not following some hypocritical moderators pro-fat spanish waiter propaganda. (hint: the forum name sounds like "rock")

Rafa is the ultimate anti football exponent - the negative control freak, flair-players-are-all-cunts, two defensive mid, abominable defender wingers, tourette 30 seconds touchline commander, faux manager of a defensive COACH.

His yearly defeats/draws to strugglers and whipping teams like stoke and birmingham, be it due to injuries, tea ladies, ping pong balls etc etc etc etc has scarred me tremendously of how football used to be a beatiful game.

I am glad to be given a chance to discuss here and to vote NO.

I also hope NESV can see this that rafa is harmful. the voting have shown the discord in our fan based and it saddens and angers me.

Lets not forget he took a harmonious all conquering Inter team from first to 7th and managed to upset half the players in the process.

Not fit to manager LFC

Agreed. The players loved Mourinho and played for him. Rafa doesn't seem to understand that he needs to inspire loyalty in his players for them to go the extra yard. At Liverpool he was cold and disconnected from the players and none of them really liked him on a personal level, and he was more than happy with that.

His man-management sucks. Even that prick in charge of the mancs has evolved from being merely the boss of his players to a 'father figure' type manager, as he knows the modern footballer needs to be mollycoddled and befriended if their ability is to be fully exploited. Rafa still hasn't learnt this. Maybe he's incapable of forming relationships with his players. That's a flaw that will always hinder him as a manager.

Been lurking this site for years.

TLW is one of the better forums that allows opinions and doesnt trigger happy ban others when they're not following some hypocritical moderators pro-fat spanish waiter propaganda. (hint: the forum name sounds like "rock")

Rafa is the ultimate anti football exponent - the negative control freak, flair-players-are-all-cunts, two defensive mid, abominable defender wingers, tourette 30 seconds touchline commander, faux manager of a defensive COACH.

His yearly defeats/draws to strugglers and whipping teams like stoke and birmingham, be it due to injuries, tea ladies, ping pong balls etc etc etc etc has scarred me tremendously of how football used to be a beatiful game.

I am glad to be given a chance to discuss here and to vote NO.

I also hope NESV can see this that rafa is harmful. the voting have shown the discord in our fan based and it saddens and angers me.

just stick to lurking or go back to whichever Manc site you came from

Agreed. The players loved Mourinho and played for him. Rafa doesn't seem to understand that he needs to inspire loyalty in his players for them to go the extra yard. At Liverpool he was cold and disconnected from the players and none of them really liked him on a personal level, and he was more than happy with that.

His man-management sucks. Even that prick in charge of the mancs has evolved from being merely the boss of his players to a 'father figure' type manager, as he knows the modern footballer needs to be mollycoddled and befriended if their ability is to be fully exploited. Rafa still hasn't learnt this. Maybe he's incapable of forming relationships with his players. That's a flaw that will always hinder him as a manager.

Maybe he is incapable of forming relationships full stop, only Montse and Pako can really ask that question. His fall out with Pako was just totally sad after all the good times they had together.

This proves how vastly superior a manager Mourinho is to Rafa

"just stick to lurking or go back to whichever Manc site you came from"

touche.

Classic example of rafa loving cunts. Notice how they make it personal. Rafa personality reflects those of those same type that sows discord in any place. thats why his inter milan stint proves finally that even with a GOOD squad, he fucks it up immediately. money wasnt really the issue.

Agree with you, but I`m not the one arguing we were the most feared team in Europe under Rafa either.

You keep posting but the poll results have been very consistent, you are in a minority and like its the minority that makes the most noise, always has been on here.