You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If we're going to bringing someone in in this area, I'd much prefer to see James McCarthy, from Wigan come here. Looks like a proper Liverpool player, to me. Younger than Adam, and no fitness concerns - ie, not fat.

I remember once we had a fat midfielder. He played his football inside the centre circle we used to say. No speed at all, but boy could he pass the ball.

Even fat slow midfielders can make it into a top Liverpool side. Make way for Charlie Adam.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ian garro
So you would rather see a player signed of lesser ability based on the fact that you think Charlie Adam is 'fat'.

Which he is not.

That would depend on whether you think Adam has more ability than McCarthy, which I don't believe he does.

I remember once we had a fat midfielder. He played his football inside the centre circle we used to say. No speed at all, but boy could he pass the ball.

Even fat slow midfielders can make it into a top Liverpool side. Make way for Charlie Adam.

25 years ago! And even then he could be a liability. McCarthy looks a cracking player, personally I would play him on the right, but I would certainly buy him.

Adam just looks like a squad player who will be around for two years, and eventually end up at Aston Villa!

If we're going to bringing someone in in this area, I'd much prefer to see James McCarthy, from Wigan come here. Looks like a proper Liverpool player, to me. Younger than Adam, and no fitness concerns - ie, not fat.

James McCarthy is a very good shout. I thought he was very impressive for Wigan at Anfield.

Wigan have brought in some very decent players in the last 10 years.

James McCarthy is a very good shout. I thought he was very impressive for Wigan at Anfield.

Wigan have brought in some very decent players in the last 10 years.

I suggest you start the campaign now! A proper viral 'sign McCartney' by an Internet Terrorist pioneer, what do you think?

You have done fuck all for Liverpool this past month or so, bout time you got off your arse and did something practical.

And, try and tag on Ellia as well!

Guest ian garro

Absolutely, but that wasn't really the point I was trying to make. I mean, we're not really comparing Adams' ability, to that of big Jan, are we ? At his best, Molby had the ability to get away with being overweight (granted, the game was slower then as well), but that was because he was one of the best, most natural footballers we've ever had at this club.

Whelan's spot on about Adam. As usual.

I suggest you start the campaign now! A proper viral 'sign McCartney' by an Internet Terrorist pioneer, what do you think?

You have done fuck all for Liverpool this past month or so, bout time you got off your arse and did something practical.

And, try and tag on Ellia as well!

If we are going for McCartney how about Lennon as well?

Adam - Right call made | Blackpool News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Charlie Adam believes Blackpool were right to make him stay and see out their debut top flight campaign.

The Scotland international was the subject of intense transfer talk during the January window, with his future regularly called into question.

A switch to Liverpool was widely touted, while Tottenham staged a late bid on deadline day to lure him to the capital.

In the end Blackpool stood their ground and refused to lower their demands for a player who also attracted plenty of interest from Aston Villa.

Adam went as far as submitting a transfer request at one stage in an effort to force through a move, believing he would be better served away from Bloomfield Road.

He has, however, since relaxed that stance and is determined to play his part in helping Blackpool retain their Premier League status.

Contenders

Adam admits a move elsewhere could still happen in the summer, but he is happy to put his personal future on hold until then.

He said in the Daily Mirror: "I was close to leaving. Liverpool were the main contenders but they couldn't agree a fee, while Tottenham came in at the last minute.

"Tottenham are in the Champions League, they've got some of the best players like Rafael van der Vaart and my Scotland team-mate Alan Hutton is there as well.

"But for me, it was about making the right decision - in the end, that decision was made for me.

"It's probably right I stay and help the club stay in the Premier League. My shirt will be tangerine for the last nine games.

"Let me concentrate on the last nine games, which will be like nine cup finals, to keep Blackpool in the Premier League and let the manager and chairman make the other decision for me."

McCarthy looks a good player, but do you lot think he can take the step up and be what we need in a midfielder?

I think we need a box to box midfielder who is comfortable on the ball and is physically imposing. We are too light weight in midfield at times. Someone like Moussa Sissoko would be my preference.

Guest ian garro
I think we're commenting more about the fact that after the clock strikes 60 minutes gone... he looks like he couldn't run another yard.

Yeah, that's it. I used the word 'fat', when I should've said "out of condition", or something to that effect.

Carroll would have cost as much possibly more in summer if an auction started, Suarez good price as were now seeing. Adam will leave in summer and it'll be for less than our final offer, defenetly if they go down

No chance. We massively overpaid for the lad.

I agree on Adam though.

Guest ian garro
Oh, fuck off with that... Massively? Seriously? What is this? Let's make a fucking deal?

We had a number one target, and we went and got him.

As fans, I think we've gone into one a bit about the fees we pay for players. It's understandable, I suppose, given what was going on with the club as a whole, but I think we need to get over it a bit now.

As the man says, we went out and got our top target - end of. If he goes on to rival El Hadji Dioufs' "performance" as a Liverpool number 9, then I think we can safely say "we overpayed massively" for the lad. As it stands, I'd rather have the Torres money on the pitch, than sitting in the bank. If someone comes in, and does well, the price we paid soon becomes irrelevant.

"Carroll would have cost as much possibly more in summer if an auction started"

Yes, by brilliantly delaying the sale of Torres, and subsequent last-minute purchase of Carrol, we really did allow Newcastle no room to negotiate the best possible fee for Andy Carrol and managed to get him for what everyone agrees was an absolute BARGAIN price of £35m.

I should imagine if we'd waited until summer we'd probably have paid, I dunno, £100m or something.

Oh, fuck off with that... Massively? Seriously? What is this? Let's make a fucking deal?

We had a number one target, and we went and got him.

How many players are not over priced in January?

We spent £35m on a player who was injured with a decent 6 months behind him.

We massively over spent on him.

I admit I still have a lot of reservations about the lads ability and whether we should have gone for him but I'd suggest 95% of posters on this forum said at the time we overpaid for the lad.

How many players are not over priced in January?

We spent £35m on a player who was injured with a decent 6 months behind him.

We massively over spent on him.

I admit I still have a lot of reservations about the lads ability and whether we should have gone for him but I'd suggest 95% of posters on this forum said we overpaid for the lad.

安慶

安慶

Anqing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anqing (simplified Chinese: 安庆; traditional Chinese: 安慶; pinyin: Ānqìng, also Anking, formerly Hwaining) is a prefecture-level city in southwestern Anhui province, People's Republic of China. It borders Lu'an to the north, Chaohu to the northeast, Tongling to the east, Chizhou to the southeast, and the provinces of Jiangxi and Hubei to the south and west respectively.

what?

His price was inflated because we where desperate, and we had the money.

We where never going to get a replacement striker value for money for less than £25 Million.

Time will tell as to if he's worth his money, luckily he has that time on his side

It means "SHUT UP".

I was figuring that, since he knew how Carroll was going to turn out, a bit of Chinese would be fucking cake for him to process.

Hold the fuck on.

Where have I said I knew how Carroll would turn out? I didn't so stop that shite now.

I have reservations about the lad, I'm on record in January saying so.

As I've said in a previous post I always thought you a decent poster on here. I can only assume your pissed or not getting any for the over the top response.

Squiggles.

Your normally a very good poster, you either want to discuss it or you don't.

Saying we overspent is understandable considering the price. Having a little thing about how we massively overspent, on essentially, a kid who can be simply unplayable... despite us buying him for YEARS to come... is ridiculous.

We'll know if we 'massively' overspent in about 2 or 3 years... and not sooner.

Edit: The vast majority had/have reservations. He was our number one target. (NOT NUMBER TWO FOR ONCE [did you see what I did there? number two? hehehe]) We paid what we had to pay, to get him when we wanted to buy him, right away. I don't care if we spent more money than we *could* have at another time. We did something we haven't really done lately.