You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caption this one!

105954889ap030_liverpool_fc.jpg

DC: Roy, who the fuck ironed your jumper?

RH: I did. I'll have you know I have ironed jumpers for 35 years all over europe and I have always been regarded as one of europes finest ironers. I don't see why I should iron any differently now. Although the iron in melwood was left by Benitez and quite frankly irons bought in January sales, just aren't good enough.

By the sounds of it we are buying whole of the St Etienne team...just like all Valencia players.

HHHmmm im taking it with a pinch of salt too, its going to be Like Roy too, not remember in the summer we were going to "raid" Fulham. Linked with every player from previous clubs.

Just lazy journos what else do you expect?

Lukaku and Hazard would be nice. Play them either side of Nando in a 4-3-3.

Might as well get Defour whilst grabbing Belgians.

Belgium are going to be decent in a few years once a few of these players hit their peak.

Kompany

Boyata

Vermaelen

Fellaini

Witsel

Defour

Hazard

Lukaku

Lakaku is only 17.

Belgium are going to be decent in a few years once a few of these players hit their peak.

Kompany

Boyata

Vermaelen

Fellaini

Witsel

Defour

Hazard

Lukaku

Lakaku is only 17.

Doubtful. Their squad has been full of conflict for years, along pretty predictable lines.

I dont really wanting us to be signing some French 23 year old from St Etienne. It reminds me of when we signed Cheyrou.

Thankfully, you have no voice when it comes to our transfers. Being scared of making a signing due to a failure 8 years ago is ridiculous.

Maybe we shouldn't have signed Fernando Torres, because Fernando Morientes was a failure.

Thankfully, you have no voice when it comes to our transfers. Being scared of making a signing due to a failure 8 years ago is ridiculous.

Maybe we shouldn't have signed Fernando Torres, because Fernando Morientes was a failure.

i think what the op meant was that French players often flatter to deceive and more often than not massively fail in the premiership

Maybe what he means is that we should be signing players with pedigree, like Van Der Vaart, or players who we are 99% sure are going to make it. Obviously there is a risk with any signing, but some are much more safe than others. I think most people knew, for example, that Essien was going to be a great signing for Chelsea. If this lad from St. Etienne is also thought of as being highly likely to make it at the top level then we should be looking at him. If not then maybe we should be looking at someone who is less of a risk.

Roy doesn't get it does he?

He is quoted in the telegraph that this will take the burden off him as to ..'having to worry what 12 year old to sign for the academy... '

I am sure Comolli will be working much higher up the pitch than that Mr Hodgson. That train is coming down the track Roy at some pace and not even a win today can stop it hitting you....

I dont really wanting us to be signing some French 23 year old from St Etienne. It reminds me of when we signed Cheyrou.

Hopefully Comolli will have done his homework on them and I am sure your comment was tongue in cheek, I think you are suffering with post traumatic stress, words like 'young' and 'French' just bring it all back to you.

I would love to see stats as to the nations whose players are best suited to over here.

Maybe what he means is that we should be signing players with pedigree, like Van Der Vaart, or players who we are 99% sure are going to make it. Obviously there is a risk with any signing, but some are much more safe than others. I think most people knew, for example, that Essien was going to be a great signing for Chelsea. If this lad from St. Etienne is also thought of as being highly likely to make it at the top level then we should be looking at him. If not then maybe we should be looking at someone who is less of a risk.

Why do that when we can waste countless millions/years finding out how shit they can really become, much more fun.