You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We need a new manager asap

KirkdaleRick

Yeah, Benitez had loads of results like this like errrmmm....ermmm...actually, the only teams to win here in the league in the last 4 years were Villa, Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal.

What did he leave us with? A seventh placed team in disarray, no width, wasted what little cash we had on over priced RB's and a CM who couldn't kick a ball due to injury.

This isn't a two wrongs make a right situation. Roy has not been good enough but still has a chance to turn it around, Rafa more than had his chance and we shouldn't be entertaining the thought of giving him another!

Roy is on a hiding to nothing.

There was a quote above about how Roy has outdone himself with the quality of player we have to be in the bottom 3.

Reina has been immense no arguments there (Arsenal aside)

Carra is past it.

Gerrard is still dissillusioned as he was under Rafa.

Cole is a new signing who has played few games due to suspension

Torres is still not match sharp and still not getting the support he needs.

I don't see that much has changed from last season other than Roy wasn't given a budget to rectify our shit, Rafa was and spunked it on Johnson and Aquilani.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt want old turkey neck in at the beginning. We are becoming worse than newcastle were when they were relegated. This side has made the worst start to any liverpool side of the premiership since 1992-1993.

Football wasn't invented by Sky and the FA in the 90's.

Worst start in the top division since 1953

We shouldn't do better than a loss at home to Blackpool?

Fucking jog on numpty.

Is it the worst loss at Anfield ever? No. Have we had worse losses to worse opposition when the club wasn't under a cloud? Yes.

Stop overreacting you bellend. Things are bad but don't make a single loss worse than it is.

Apparently everything that happened since Roy took over has been "the worst" people have very short memories.

Is it good enough? No. Does that mean people should completely over exaggerate its place within our "hall of shame", no.

So once it was 'sack Benitez and we will improve.' Now it is 'sack Roy and we will improve.' and if we get Daglish and he does just as badly, with no tranfer window, no money, after 9 games, what do we say then? Get in Tommy Smith? Get in Billy Lyddell? As legends being appointed managers never fails does it? Players play with passion and everyone improves 100% and all problems are solved. Most of you are like the England fans brainwashed by the constantly hyperventilating press boys. Quick fix.

The post that alluded to Newcastle fans singing Kevs name after several games under Daglish should be taken seriously. As should Daglish's record there. And as for Celtic..

A far better squad than being relegation candidates thats for sure.

A squad is only as good as its mindset. Hard work can beat talent when talent doesn't work hard enough.

Rafa is as much to blame as Roy and until Roy has had a chance to build his own team (which he won't get) he can't be held totally accountable.

The way people move the goalposts on here is incredible. 3 Seasons after Rafa took charge people were still crying any bad result wasn't his fault as he didn't have the money and it still wasn't "his squad". Roy's been here 5 minutes yet apparently every bad thing globally is down to him.

Is it the worst loss at Anfield ever? No. Have we had worse losses to worse opposition when the club wasn't under a cloud? Yes.

Stop overreacting you bellend. Things are bad but don't make a single loss worse than it is.

Apparently everything that happened since Roy took over has been "the worst" people have very short memories.

Is it good enough? No. Does that mean people should completely over exaggerate its place within our "hall of shame", no.

Sorry mate, he's a train wreck.

For all his faults, and there were many, we were never entertaining the prospect of the bottom 3 under Benitez. And never likely to either.

We beat 9 of the bottom 10 at home aswell. Now we've already dropped points to Sunderland and Blackpool and its only October. I genuinely believe this man could get us relegated. When you cant beat the garbage at home where are the points going to come from?

When was the last time we were in the relegation zone bellend?

If you are going to be an arsey prick back it up.

Pointless comparing Rafa to Roy. It clouds the situation. Rafa had run his course (his own comments admit that in the context of his relationship with the board). Roy is just not up to it. So we are in the shit. The early evidence of Roy's reign is damning:

- Brad Jones, Paul Konchesky, Christian Poulsen. Purchased. Awful buys. Second rate, limited and pedestrian.

- Carlton Cole targeted. No back up striker signed. Carlton fucking Cole????

Awful press conferences. The "those people" comments with regards the peaceful sit-in demonstrations.

When people state we must give a manager time, the time given must surely be relative to the situation the club is in, right? If we were having a mixed start, but within a couple of wins of the top 4, where signs of positive football are developing then sure, give the man more time. However, when we are playing like shit, evidently have no team spirit on the field, when we are sitting in a relegation position with no confidence of a win at Everton in our next game and where the little money we had to spend went on journeymen and non-achievers, then sometimes decisive action has to be taken. To get time, you must earn that luxury. For me, Roy has already put compelling evidence on the table that he is worsening our plight. With any potential for a 9 point deduction hanging over us, then surely in today's context - there is no more time for Roy - we can't afford to give him the time.

I don't fucking care if I am accused of being like a geordie here with my statements, but I'm trying to make a judgement on the facts of the case as I see them. And all I can do when I analyze such is offer a vote of no-confidence in the manager.

I am praying for an imminent buyout, change of manager, money for players in January which may persuade the small handful of players we want to keep to stay and a clear rebuilding for next season. Pie in the sky? Perhaps. But the alternatives are too distressing to contemplate.

Edited by rEddie

So once it was 'sack Benitez and we will improve.' Now it is 'sack Roy and we will improve.' and if we get Daglish and he does just as badly, with no tranfer window, no money, after 9 games, what do we say then? Get in Tommy Smith? Get in Billy Lyddell? As legends being appointed managers never fails does it? Players play with passion and everyone improves 100% and all problems are solved. Most of you are like the England fans brainwashed by the constantly hyperventilating press boys. Quick fix.

The post that alluded to Newcastle fans singing Kevs name after several games under Daglish should be taken seriously. As should Daglish's record there. And as for Celtic..

I know and as for what he did to our club as manager... Oh Wait! he won trophies and has a winning mentality. Its not about a quick fix but Roy is without question the wrong man why wait for another 5-6 matches when we will really be in a dogfight down the bottom. Its quite clearly broke and needs fixing all our performances this year have been shocking, apart from 2nd half against arsenal.

So how long do you think we should give Roy then? Another month? Till Christmas? Till the end of the season maybe? Or should we just keep him incharge and let the rot continue simply because we've got no money?

Imo Roy shouldn't of been aloud anywhere near the Anfield hot seat in the first place. We needed a leader, someone who could've come in and calmed the fans down while all the shit of the field was resolved. Someone who would've restored a sense of pride back to the club. Instead we've ended up with a gutless, spineless and defeatist manager. Who has managed to spread his negativity to the side like a ravaging cancer.

Anyway what do you mean for Celtic? Kenny only director of football there. John Barnes was the manager.

Yep - it's a much deepr malaise than Roy.

Player power, leaking lies to their little bitch friends in the press.

Broughton who hasn't fulfilled his brief.

Purslow who is just shit.

And the owners.

This. Much as I didn't want Roy in, getting rid isn't going going to solve anything. Its a slippery slope when senior players conspire with the MD to undermine the manager. Who's to say that if Dalglish came in the same wouldn't happen to him? The board would be happy to undermine the new manager to divert the fickle fans' attention.

It needs to be owners out, then Purslow and Broughton out, and then Roy.

We beat 9 of the bottom 10 at home aswell. Now we've already dropped points to Sunderland and Blackpool and its only October. I genuinely believe this man could get us relegated. When you cant beat the garbage at home where are the points going to come from?

You can't afford to stand still in this league and we've done exactly that;. I don't care who our manager is we would be struggling against the likes of mid table sides now. What is worrying is we shouldn't be as poor as we are against sides with less talent than that. WBA outplayed us, Blackpool out played us, for that there is no excuse and Roy is rightfully under the microscope after today.

I just don't buy the idea it is all his fault.

Take Gerrard and Torres out of our side and I'd take Sunderland's team ahead of ours on paper and on the pitch. Same goes for a lot of sides. Reina is class but would I swop him to get Gordon and Sunderland's side if I could keep Torres and Gerrard? Damn straight.

The only thing that has stopped us dropping further down last season was Gerrard and Torres.

We got older in age, newer in personnel and have become more disillusioned than even under Rafa by what has happened around the club. This was always a recipe for disaster in hindsight.

It's Dalglish. Arguably our clubs greatest ever player and you can't even spell his name right.