You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steve "The Knowledge" Claridge

Manny

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I flicked over to final score on the red button at about 5ish, and was just in time to see the BBC do some coverage of the after-game protest. After some cursory noises from Gabby Logan, the shitbag Claridge decides to act all "I'm playing devil's advocate here", then proceeded to talk about other clubs having debt - "even Abramovich says he won't be spending much", Benitez wasting a lot of good money on shite and that the owners mightn't have been so absolutely fucking disastrous. He wasn't playing devil's advocate at all because he looked to me like he believed what he was saying. In fairness to Martin Keown, he said a few words back (didn't exactly launch an impassioned defence like).

Makes me seethe to think fucking no-marks like Claridge get a soapbox to air their ridiculous views to a wider audience. I know he's an idiot, I know he should be ignored but just as a smile came on my face that we were getting some coverage that prick has to miss the point completely. He's a fucking mong.

Claridge has actually claimed to be a Liverpool fan before. Funny how that never comes across hey? For a man who spent an absolute shitload at the bookies and recouped some of it from numerous signing-on fees, to castigate someone else for money wasting, is reaching just a tad.

I don't expect Keown to launch an "impassioned defence" of our club, but he's never seemed to go the same route as others by engaging in ill-informed slagging offs.

Claridge is in the same clueless fuckwit boat as Craig Burley, Tim Sherwood, Charlie Nicholas, Mark Bright, Garth Crooks and Stan Collymore. People like Keown and Dixon don't seem interested in sticking the knife deeper into the wounded animal.

One of the best summarisers currently is Graham Taylor, closely followed by David Pleat. They might have had their teams playing route one football, or be unable to pronounce names, but they provide a balanced opinion which is all that we can ask for. I've said it before, but the VERY best, and an absolute gent, is SIR Jimmy Armfield.

Think it is harsh labelling Collymore in that bracket to be honest. He is even trying to set up some kind of fans forum thing on Talksport at present and is regularly commenting on us and the ownership situation and certainly knows his stuff about that subject.

He contradicts himself on a weekly basis depending on how the crow flies, so occasionally he's bound to be right on the money.

Guest PurpleNose
He contradicts himself on a weekly basis depending on how the crow flies, so occasionally he's bound to be right on the money.

He's a massive cunt who talks, almost exclusively, utter shite.

But he's not arsed who he offends, and is more than happy to voice an opinion regardless of how popular it will be. Which, in the case of our ownership issue, can at times be to our advantage.

Think it is harsh labelling Collymore in that bracket to be honest. He is even trying to set up some kind of fans forum thing on Talksport at present and is regularly commenting on us and the ownership situation and certainly knows his stuff about that subject.

Agreed,what ever people think of him,least he champions our plight

Have to agree with John here. I don't like Collymore at all but he's given Liverpool's off the field ownership issues a LOT of air time on talkshit in recent months and I'm not arsed if that suits his own agenda or not. There's a lot of sneering going on at talkshit about our club and Collymore is prepared to have his say to any of the cuntwits on that station.

As for Claridge - did anyone just see him on the Football League Show trying to explain why clubs play better at home than away? It was fucking hilarious. Claridge is an absolute fucktard of the highest order. I'm constantly amazed at how much air time he gets. The guy is a complete joke.

As for Claridge - did anyone just see him on the Football League Show trying to explain why clubs play better at home than away? It was fucking hilarious. Claridge is an absolute fucktard of the highest order. I'm constantly amazed at how much air time he gets. The guy is a complete joke.

I find him morbidly fascinating on the Football League Show. All hunched over like the arthritic lovechild of Rodney from Only Fools & Horses and a grotesque teddy bear.

Did he wear a wig last season? Only ask because I distinctly remember him even in his Leicester days sporting a mean widow's peak.