You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

There's a number of Radiohead threads about but couldn't find if there's been a poll on this even though I thought I'd done one once.

Anyway - which? I've always considered The Bends my favourite ever album but I've spent the last couple of weeks learning the chords to most tracks on OK Computer which has enlightened me a little as to the brilliance of the album. There are a couple of tracks I just don't get though (Fitter Happier and Climbing the Walls) whereas The Bends doesn't have a track on it that isn't outstanding. For that reason I'd probably still have to say The Bends.

And yes, I know there are a number of other Radiohead albums so if it's neither of these, which and why?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ian garro

The Bends, as you say, is utterly ace. I found OK Computer a bit hard going really. To me, they sort of disappeared up their own arses from this point. Not to say what theyve done since is shit, or anything, it just isnt my type of thing.

Kid A and In Rainbows. Stunning.

Then again I saw them supporting the Frank and Walters and thought the Frank and Walters would be more successful at the time.

I read that in an old thread from 2006, made me chuckle. I think I may have watched F&W support Carter in the early 90's. It's a bit hazy though.

OK computer. Rarely listen to the bends past the first 5 track which are all awesome mind but heard the rest of the album songs a few times and get bored, OK C is an album I can never get bored of, slit my wrists yes but not get a bit bored. Can't say which out of all is my fav but would put OKC above the Bends but if it's the first 5 tracks the bends has it. A bit like Usain Bolt and Haile Gebrselassie having a race, depends where the finish line is dunnit?

OK computer. Rarely listen to the bends past the first 5 track which are all awesome mind but heard the rest of the album songs a few times and get bored, OK C is an album I can never get bored of, slit my wrists yes but not get a bit bored. Can't say which out of all is my fav but would put OKC above the Bends but if it's the first 5 tracks the bends has it. A bit like Usain Bolt and Haile Gebrselassie having a race, depends where the finish line is dunnit?

Love your work

Kid A is my favourite, find it spine-tinglingly brilliant every time I play it. Next favourite is In Rainbows.

Always thought OK Computer was vastly over-rated but appreciated it more since I got Easy-Star All Stars 'Radiodread' album - 'OK Computer' covered reggae style. Expected it to be some kind of novelty record but it's absolutely brilliant - warm, soulful, nowhere near as claustrophobic as the original but really brings out the quality of the songwriting.

Ok computer is on a different level altogether than the Bends imo. It's comfortably one of the greatest albums ever made.

I couldn't agree more. The mix of melody, guitar and lyrics just makes it an incredibly special ground breaking album.

Paranoid Android will forever be one of the greatest tracks of all time and sums up what the album achieved perfectly.