You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy to clear the deadwood

Hermes

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why are you making noises about us getting rid of shite players who`s main contribution was exactly that, getting paid, to make room for some up and coming youngsters.

I'm making noises about the way we've operated in the transfer market for 2 years now.

Rather than cherry picking my posts go back and read all of what i've posted. Couple that with what others have been saying and spare us the tedium.

I'm making noises about the way we've operated in the transfer market for 2 years now.

Rather than cherry picking my posts go back and read all of what i've posted. Couple that with what others have been saying and spare us the tedium.

You mean wasting approx £40M every summer on average players at best that we really dont know how to use?

What Hodgson have said makes all the sense in the world to most who do not try thei best to not understand it.

We have economical problems, that our reality, lets try and make the best out of what we have got, thats what we are doing right now, and compared to the last two summers I actually think we have brought a few decent players in that will lift our team and contribute massively on the pitch.

This is something that every new manager who comes into a club does.

The scary thing is that its usually done quietly and gradually,which doesnt seem to be the way its getting done here.

I hope this isnt Roy doing a PR job for the club to disguise the fact that hes got to cut costs massively and buy average players while selling world class ones.

You mean wasting approx £40M every summer on average players at best that we really dont know how to use?

What Hodgson have said makes all the sense in the world to most who do not try thei best to not understand it.

We have economical problems, that our reality, lets try and make the best out of what we have got, thats what we are doing right now, and compared to the last two summers I actually think we have brought a few decent players in that will lift our team and contribute massively on the pitch.

Whatever the size of squad, 'our Roy' clearing out 'deadwood' has no benefit in real terms whatsoever, every saved penny on wages etc. goes toward debt reduction so whats the fucking point anyway, we don't see it.

As for the comment about lets make the best of what we've got, yeah, if your fucking Fulham, in my reality were not, few decent players - don't think were stronger myself, think were a lot fucking weaker, don't think uncle Roy is better than Benitez, think were fucked, but hey, stay upbeat - fuckin mid table talk and acceptance can fuck off.

Whatever the size of squad, 'our Roy' clearing out 'deadwood' has no benefit in real terms whatsoever, every saved penny on wages etc. goes toward debt reduction so whats the fucking point anyway, we don't see it.

As for the comment about lets make the best of what we've got, yeah, if your fucking Fulham, in my reality were not, few decent players - don't think were stronger myself, think were a lot fucking weaker, don't think uncle Roy is better than Benitez, think were fucked, but hey, stay upbeat - fuckin mid table talk and acceptance can fuck off.

Well said Gmac !

It's all very well arguing for quality over quantity but it doesn't really stack up when we've signed Konchesky, Jones and Poulsen this summer.

Quality over quantity is the ideal but it can't be done without money. If you trim the squad without adding quality players you're just going to leave yourself weaker. I hope we haven't done that this year.

I honestly don't see how we're a lot fucking weaker, we've lost one player that I will miss. A player that didn't want to be here. Before he left the overriding consensus was that any player that didn't want to wear the shirt wasn't worth it anyway, now his leaving is a harbinger of the apocalypse.

and clearing deadwood makes a very real difference, fewer bodies in the gym means resources can go where most needed. Fewer bodies on the training pitch means that the coaches can communicate more effectively. Aquilani and Degen not needing constant attention may mean that the physio team can spend more time staying abreast of other developing issues. I don't understand how these players being gone isn't a positive at this time...

I honestly don't see how we're a lot fucking weaker, we've lost one player that I will miss. A player that didn't want to be here. Before he left the overriding consensus was that any player that didn't want to wear the shirt wasn't worth it anyway, now his leaving is a harbinger of the apocalypse.

and clearing deadwood makes a very real difference, fewer bodies in the gym means resources can go where most needed. Fewer bodies on the training pitch means that the coaches can communicate more effectively. Aquilani and Degen not needing constant attention may mean that the physio team can spend more time staying abreast of other developing issues. I don't understand how these players being gone isn't a positive at this time...

Pidge,don't mind optimism but your pushing it a bit there, we're Liverpool, we shouldn't have to try to justify things like you've done there, fucknell - fewer bodies in gym and communication worries? Never remember talking about things like that with me dad, were Liverpool FFS (although that cunt Degen I agree with yer there). Oh and we are weaker and will not see any proceeds from Mascherano and others.

Typical bollocks from our resident norwegian gimp.

If Hodgson expects us to believe that all these transfers were about shipping out deadwood then he really shouldn't be going on record saying players are being shipped out for asset-value retention reasons (Aquilani) or telling players they have to leave, before he's even seen them play because "we need the money", (Nemeth).

Pidge,don't mind optimism but your pushing it a bit there, we're Liverpool, we shouldn't have to try to justify things like you've done there, fucknell - fewer bodies in gym and communication worries? Never remember talking about things like that with me dad, were Liverpool FFS (although that cunt Degen I agree with yer there). Oh and we are weaker and will not see any proceeds from Mascherano and others.

It's purely based on my own experience, I've spent plenty of time in jobs and university feeling stifled by people who didn't have the will or ability to make the most of the situation. When the people who were never going to commit fully left. The extra contact and interaction with tutors and managers makes all the difference in feeling like you are an active part of the team.

If you were Shelvey would you feel happier working while under the impression that you could really stand a chance of getting in the side or would you prefer to spend your days running around a pitch with Plessis and Aquilani thinking that you are behind them in the pecking order?

and I don't want to give you the idea that I will be happy with 7th again, no I want more than that. Roy will want more than that and of course the players do. The performances so far have been poor but the problems have largely been the same problems that we have had all year. I just think there's more chance of them improving without so many players that weren't contributing in the way.

We're Liverpool, most of the players that have been shipped out are the ones that would have ducked or dropped the ball when Shanks threw it at them in the office. Mascha probably would have caught it, shown it to the wife, brought it back and asked for a different one.

If you were Shelvey would you feel happier working while under the impression that you could really stand a chance of getting in the side or would you prefer to spend your days running around a pitch with Plessis and Aquilani thinking that you are behind them in the pecking order?

What's wrong with being behind an Italian international in the pecking order, it'd be more dissapointing being behind a Juventus reject who's career is on a downward spiral.

What's wrong with being behind an Italian international in the pecking order, it'd be more dissapointing being behind a Juventus reject who's career is on a downward spiral.

Aquilani is an Italian international & Poulsen is a Juventus reject?

That's one way to put it, here's another... Aquilani is an eleven times capped Italian that is completely crocked and never looked like cutting it in the prem, even got left out of a terrible Italian world cup squad. Poulsen is a Danish international with over 70 caps who has impressed in leagues much more similar to the prem.

People keep going on about the Aquilani loan like we've loaned out some world class midfielder. He has never been that ever. He looked like he had potential years ago and has done next to fuck all since. I wouldn't pay £2m for him. Joey Barton would have more use to us then him.

Aquilani is an Italian international & Poulsen is a Juventus reject?

That's one way to put it, here's another... Aquilani is an eleven times capped Italian that is completely crocked and never looked like cutting it in the prem, even got left out of a terrible Italian world cup squad. Poulsen is a Danish international with over 70 caps who has impressed in leagues much more similar to the prem.

Poulsen didn't even look like cutting it in Serie A, which is loads slower than the prem, how is he going to handle the speed here.

Why were Juventus so eager to get shot of Poulsen?

Apparently we sold Sissoko because he wasn't good enough for us, but now Poulsen who couldn't push Sissoko out of the Juve team is a good signing, hmm.

And if having Aquilani in the team is so detrimental to Shelvey's development maybe we should sell Spearing? And for Kelly's sake we should sell Darby, no?

Oh wait, they are on crap wages, it's fine.

Yea we should sell Darby and Spearing cause neither are anywhere near good enough. It's only harming there own careers staying here.

Poulson has looked good in Spain and Germany, leagues that are much more like the prem then Italy. Aquilani hasn't looked good anywhere in years. That guy has left here with a bigger rep by doing fuck all then some do by playing well.

Yea we should sell Darby and Spearing cause neither are anywhere near good enough. It's only harming there own careers staying here.

Poulson has looked good in Spain and Germany, leagues that are much more like the prem then Italy. Aquilani hasn't looked good anywhere in years. That guy has left here with a bigger rep by doing fuck all then some do by playing well.

I just don't see the merit in loaning Aquilani out for free as a football decision.

Poulsens career has been on a massive downward spiral since he joined Juve though, I'd have preferred if we used Insua/Aquilani in a swap for a decent DM with a bit more energy & work rate.

It's purely based on my own experience, I've spent plenty of time in jobs and university feeling stifled by people who didn't have the will or ability to make the most of the situation. When the people who were never going to commit fully left. The extra contact and interaction with tutors and managers makes all the difference in feeling like you are an active part of the team.

and I don't want to give you the idea that I will be happy with 7th again, no I want more than that. Roy will want more than that and of course the players do. The performances so far have been poor but the problems have largely been the same problems that we have had all year. I just think there's more chance of them improving without so many players that weren't contributing in the way.

We're Liverpool, most of the players that have been shipped out are the ones that would have ducked or dropped the ball when Shanks threw it at them in the office. Mascha probably would have caught it, shown it to the wife, brought it back and asked for a different one.

Think were all singing from the same (albeit fucked up) hymnsheet, all want wats best for LFC, your using your own experience to gain positives, don't know if it's wore me down over the months but I can't see any positives, really can't, want to think like you but at the moment everything just seems negative and to be honest I'm sick of it.