You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pc/tv help

Travis Bickle

If your TV has a PC input, it should be able to act as a monitor for the PC. Some fiddling is sometimes necessary when setting up this way however.

Easier still, if your PC has HDMI out, then hooking it up to work on your HDTV is as simple as plugging in 2 ends of an HDMI cable.

If your TV has a PC input, it should be able to act as a monitor for the PC. Some fiddling is sometimes necessary when setting up this way however.

Easier still, if your PC has HDMI out, then hooking it up to work on your HDTV is as simple as plugging in 2 ends of an HDMI cable.

+1

Rather than selling my old PC on Ebay (I'd have been lucky to clear 50 quid for it), I connected it up to the telly downstairs. Can surf the web, watch the game on sopcast, watch youtube stuff on a big screen and play games that are better with a mouse and keyboard than a joypad. Best £50 I never had.

Having trouble with the settings when connecting my DVI to HDMI cable to my LCD TVs HDMI connector.

Anybody know how to set it up?

I've got an S Video to Scart Cable which I can work fine but want a better picture.

What's the issue with the DVI to HDMI connection? No picture? No sound?

If it's the latter, this is because DVI only carries video, so you'd need to use another cable for audio.

What's the issue with the DVI to HDMI connection? No picture? No sound?

If it's the latter, this is because DVI only carries video, so you'd need to use another cable for audio.

No,I dont know how to get a picture on the TV because I dont know what settings to change on my laptop.

I cant find the picture settings the way I can with s video to scart cable.

No,I dont know how to get a picture on the TV because I dont know what settings to change on my laptop.

I cant find the picture settings the way I can with s video to scart cable.

Might be an issue with your graphics/video card, as DVI to HDMI requires HDCP support in the majority of instances.

From Wiki:

A DVI signal is electrically compatible with the video part of an HDMI signal; no signal conversion is required when an adapter or asymmetric cable is used, and consequently no loss in video quality occurs.[3] As such, HDMI is backward-compatible with Digital Visual Interface digital video (DVI-D or DVI-I, but not DVI-A) as used on modern computer monitors and graphics cards. This means that a DVI-D source can drive an HDMI monitor, or vice versa, by means of a suitable adapter or cable. However, the audio and remote-control features of HDMI will not be available unless the output supports HDMI via a DVI plug (e.g., ATI 3000-series and NVIDIA GTX 200-series video cards).[3] Additionally, not all devices with DVI input support High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP). Without such support by the device, an HDCP-enabled signal source will suppress output and so prevent the device from receiving HDCP-protected content.[89] All HDMI devices must support sRGB encoding.[90]