You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

stardorman

I'm sorry but that performance last nite is about all I can take. He yet again was the main reason that play broke down, everytime it comes to him he either dilly dally's on it or loses it. I for one have had enough. I know there were a lot of poor performances last nite, ie. jova,lucas, ngog, but his really did take the biscuit. I can no longer accept that he gives 110% or that he scores goals in important matches, for me, his time is up and I pray that rafa is still interested.

Just to warn you this thread probably wont go well for you.

My 2 cents, if he gets back to playing the way he did 2 seasons ago he'll be boss. If he plays like last season. It just won't be good.

Edit: Forgot to say, everyone was utterly shit last night so everyone deserves a few more games to show improvement.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Dirk is utter shite from August to January and just when you have lost all faith in him he seems to get better from February to May and you fall in love with him again. This was almost a mirror of how I saw Rafa's tenure. (PS I'm not a anti Rafa)

Guest Numero Veinticinco

When you play a striker as a right midfielder in a flat four, that's the performance you should expect. He can just about pull of the wide striker/winger role. This was a step too far.

There were a number of baffling decisions by Hodgson in that match. Still, he's only just getting his feet under the table.

Typical Kuyt, all our best moves break down at the feet of the Dutch master.

Hodgson needs to make his mark on this team and get rid off players the previous manager bought in that are holding the team back. Kuyt would be one of the first Roy should move on. If Inter really want him then by all means, let him go.

Guest TK-421
I'm sorry but that performance last nite is about all I can take. He yet again was the main reason that play broke down, everytime it comes to him he either dilly dally's on it or loses it. I for one have had enough. I know there were a lot of poor performances last nite, ie. jova,lucas, ngog, but his really did take the biscuit. I can no longer accept that he gives 110% or that he scores goals in important matches, for me, his time is up and I pray that rafa is still interested.

You might not be able to accept that he scores goals in important matches, but he does. As sure as nite (sic) follows dai.

I'd love to beat you to death with the Dirkster's world cup medal.

He's 30, his first touch at times still leaves a lot to be desires, he's a striker playing out on the right whose best abilities are defensive. He's everything we need to be getting away from if we have any aspirations of getting better.

Just look at City last night. Barry should have been ours (though I wanted Xabi to stay personally that doesn't detract from the fact the board should have backed their manager!) Johnson was showing everything Kuyt can only ever dream of on the wing and Milner (a self professed Liverpool fan who wanted to play for us) again showed everything we don't have outwide.

Sorry Roy but you don't play 4-4-2 with two players who are naturally support stikers as your width, it's unforgivable. Hopefully as has been said Roy will see the error of his ways and change that rather than trying to persist with it.

Truth be told, I think Manchester city now have the best midfield in England bar none.

no-one could question digglers desire, but recently his lack of quality has really shone through. its in times like these that u need ur best players to stand up and be counted. dont get me wrong there are others who are letting us down, but surely dirk has to be in a position now where roy will let him become a fringe player/ potential sale to inter and not a given, that he is on the teamsheet irrespective of previous performance.

Pity how Dirk is copping so much flak, in an ineffectual TEAM performance. A player that has scored some important goals and given some fine performances in a red shirt. Yes he was cack last night, but if we want to look at individuals the blind faith in the talentless Luicas Leiva is surely more mystifying.

This.