You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

hashimwars

Those people should ask themselves what they expect to get out of a public show of unhappiness at this early stage in his career. Surely very few of us wanted him here?

Maybe some have been burnt once to often?

Not Roys fault mind and I'm on record saying I feel sorry for the guy, he didn't deserve us.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some fair comments, some stupid comments, some shite spelling and certainly some controversial comments but surely amongst all this tosh, the most important question is this:

would you shag Miley Cirus?

Putting aside the age issue for a minute she's got a really annoying sad happy smile so it would have to be a drunken quickie at best. In about six years time.

Maybe some have been burnt once to often?

I can understand this, but what do they expect from kicking off about it? Sack Roy and bring Keegan in? Is Robbie Fowler nearly retired yet? We are in real danger of it all going a bit Newcastle at the moment if people don't put their titty lips away until he's at least had a fair crack at it.

Guest PurpleNose

Now we've got people pretending we never lost in an embarrassing way under Rafa. Bollocks.

The embarrassment was usually after a draw. A drab 0-0 away to someone rubbish. The feeling of disappointment was at our attitude. The notion that had we just been a little more adventurous we'd have won the game.

I was always confident we wouldn't get tonked though. I had a faith that the manager knew what he was doing, regardless of whether I agreed with certain aspects.

When I saw we were playing 4-4-2 away to one of the best teams in the league, with Gerrard in the centre of midfield, I felt we'd get twatted. As soon as the Sky gimps starting having their clueless xenophobic wankathon I knew things weren't going to go well.

Roy also looked powerless to change anything during the match. Almost as if he'd just realised what he'd got himself into.

He's a good manager. But he's never had a job like this. Never had the level of intense scrutiny. Never worked for a club as big, and in as bad a situation. At Fulham he was allowed bad games, allowed games where he got lots of things very wrong.

Here he isn't.

I hope he's strong enough to cope with it all. The last two managers haven't been.

I can understand this, but what do they expect from kicking off about it? Sack Roy and bring Keegan in? Is Robbie Fowler nearly retired yet? We are in real danger of it all going a bit Newcastle at the moment if people don't put their titty lips away until he's at least had a fair crack at it.

It's certainly the case for me, every summer I would make an argument for us winning the league, I just couldn't do it this year.

There is a big difference between moaning and bitching on a forum like this and booing at the ground, I've certainly not heard any booing or shouts of 'you don't know what you're doing'.

We shouldn't have appointed Roy that was the point. He'll get the sack, when who knows. Would I sack him now? No.

We both know we have a guy at the club far superior to keegan or Fowler who actually wanted the job.

We both know we have a guy at the club far superior to keegan or Fowler who actually wanted the job.

Yes and I was a very early advocate for him back when you got called a complete spacker for suggesting it, but you have to make the best of what you get. Even if he is not up to the job, it would be disastrous to sack Roy in his first season unless we are in danger of relegation in my opinion, so there's no point in, for instance, the likes of Red Nick's vitriol. All it does is make the FF really fucking unpleasant to read. I have actually had to put long time posters to the site on ignore to make it readable in the last week; an option I normally reserve for annoying newcomers or the likes of Red shadow.

Edited by zigackly

Liverpool 3 Arsenal 6

1-4 at half time.

Rafa changes fuck all until 12 minutes in. Alonso comes on. Baptista scores to make it 5-1.

At 2-5 he makes final sub; replaces Garcia with Carragher! Crouch stayed on the bench.

Sometimes good managers freeze up when circumstances are, shall we say, overwhelming.

We'll see how long that lasts.

In terms of smokescreens and getting away with bad results and dodgy transfer budgets, I would have said appointing Kenny was the perfect one for that.

Kenny's kudos with Reds vs Hodgson's kudos with media. Seriously, which do you think will last the longest if we were getting battered every week?

That's a question you should ask Purslow.

But seeing that our media have been determined to get an English manager at Liverpool since 98 I think he'll have a bit of leeway yet.

And I guarantee you, you'll see the media stick the boot into the Liverpool fans for not being overjoyed by him long before they put the boot in on Hodgson for any perceived incompetence.

And I guarantee you, you'll see the media stick the boot into the Liverpool fans for not being overjoyed by him long before they put the boot in on Hodgson for any perceived incompetence.

Perhaps they'll have a point if he's being torn to pieces after his second real game.

Guest PurpleNose
Liverpool 3 Arsenal 6

1-4 at half time.

Rafa changes fuck all until 12 minutes in. Alonso comes on. Baptista scores to make it 5-1.

At 2-5 he makes final sub; replaces Garcia with Carragher! Crouch stayed on the bench.

Sometimes good managers freeze up when circumstances are, shall we say, overwhelming.

Many more examples?

One League Cup match in 6 years doesn't really paint a very representative picture of Rafa Benitez.

He could be criticised for not really giving a fuck about the competition.

How many other games did Peltier, Paletta and Guthrie start for us?

Yes and I was a very early advocate for him back when you got called a complete spacker for suggesting it, but you have to make the best of what you get. Even if he is not up to the job, it would be disastrous to sack Roy in his first season unless we are in danger of relegation in my opinion, so there's no point in, for instance, the likes of Red Nick's vitriol. All it does is make the FF really fucking unpleasant to read. I have actually had to put long time posters to the site on ignore to make it readable in the last week; an option I normally reserve for annoying newcomers or the likes of Red shadow.

The FF was shite pretty much the whole of last season too.

I don't advocate sacking Roy now, it would be more shite on top a'plenty already there.

I wouldn't guarantee him the whole season either mind.

Guest PurpleNose
You want more examples of Rafa not making a change when the game was clearly crying out for one? Ohhhhh, now I'm stumped.

No.

I want examples of him setting up a team that you thought were going to get stuffed, then did.

Of course, but it hasn't translated itself to the ground yet. When it does you'll see us getting stick long before Roy.

But again Zig's made the point that such action will be judged on the circumstances.

Rafa won 7 of his first 17 league games, despite having a reasonable budget though nothing extraordinary. Hodgson has no CL camouflage and we all know how cack-handed things are behijnd the scenes.

If he is to be judged to a higher standard than Rafa 04 and Liverpool fans make their displeasure so obvious and so soon, they will be judged accordingly and negatively.

And rightly so.

You would think that we had an option to bring in Hiddink,Van Gaal,Rijkaard or Mourinho as manager this summer to a team that finished in the last of the European places.

They want big salaries and big transfer budgets and we've got neither,it's why Benitez was looking for a new job last season while being committed to the cause.

I'm not slagging Rafa at all but he did make mistakes and you could even argue the CL win was purely luck as he didn't get a chance to make the changes he wanted.

But the fans gave Rafa at least a couple of seasons to stamp his style on the team while Roy has had only a couple of games.

If Cole had have been available then Ngog wouldn't have played and the same with Masch and Lucas so Roy was dealt a blow on the day.

Stop criticising and start supporting the team because we won't get any better without the fans getting behind the manager and team.

No.

I want examples of him setting up a team that you thought were going to get stuffed, then did.

I'm at a bit of a disadvantage coming up with teams that you thought were going to get stuffed.

And that's not even the point, the talk of Roy freezing when things needed changing was what I was on about, and that happens sometimes.

When it happens often, the tone will change at this end make no bones about that.

Surely there isn't a single person who wants him sacked now?

I think it's more a concern over what some people will want if we are off the pace for the top four after ten or fifteen games. Some of the criticism seems excessive after what were always going to be two very difficult games, and I get the distinct impression of knives already being sharpened.

RH is a UEFA Cup winner and finalist. He's taken an underperforming team to the World Cup. All since Kenny hung up his jacket here.

The last coach brought home the CL, but that was a good long time ago. We couldn't wait forever for him to get it right, recruiting another 40-odd players while constantly demanding more money. Even more so given the state the club is in.

We gave him 6 years. We must give his replacement a decent (not similiar) timeframe to turn us round again. 2 games isn't a decent timeframe under any circumstances.

He's not.

This is what he's won in his career:

Halmstads

Swedish football champions (2): 1976, 1979

Allsvenskan (2): 1976, 1979

Malmö FF

Swedish football champions (2): 1986, 1988

Allsvenskan (4): 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989

Svenska Cupen (2): 1985–86, 1988–89

Inter Milan

UEFA Cup Finalists (1): 1997

Copenhagen

Danish Superliga (1): 2000–01

Danish Super Cup (1): 2001

Fulham

UEFA Europa League Finalists (1): 2010

Guest PurpleNose
I'm at a bit of a disadvantage coming up with teams that you thought were going to get stuffed.

And that's not even the point, the talk of Roy freezing when things needed changing was what I was on about, and that happens sometimes.

When it happens often, the tone will change at this end make no bones about that.

Well you could give examples of games in which you thought we'd get stuffed. Doubt there would be many, either that, or you were wrong a lot.

The City game was a real surprise for me. I expected Hodgson, if anything, to simply be more of the same.

Tactically astute, bit rigid, and a bit dull.

Yet he turned into Keegan for a day.