You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roys view on the team

JermainePennant

Take no notice? Why come out and say it? He can play down expectations easily enough without comments like those. I fully agree he should play down expectations, with what little money we have it's no wonder.

Of course a side wouldn't be as drilled under a new manager after 7 sessions together but would you expect him to come out and say they we're no where near good enough? Surely a manager wouldn't expect the side to be ticking over in his fashion in such a short period of time.

Paraphrasing it all, he was answering a specific question along the lines of will we see a roy hodgson liverpool team tomorrow and he said not yet it takes more than 7 sessions to transition to that.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Take no notice. This is his way, he did it at Fulham and he did it before the first leg of the Rabotnicki tie. He tells the players something completely different.

And what he said is actually true anyway, after seven sessions with the players they aren't going to be as well drilled as teams who've been together under the same manager for a long time.

We'll win tomorrow.

That is good news because those comment arent very inspring to say the least.

Paraphrasing it all, he was answering a specific question along the lines of will we see a roy hodgson liverpool team tomorrow and he said not yet it takes more than 7 sessions to transition to that.

Already getting his excuses in

That squad is good enough to challenge

Shocker! Manager tries to take pressure off his team ahead of a difficult opening match of a new season! SHOCKER!!!!!!

INCREDIBLE!!! IT TAKES MORE THAN 7 TRAINING SESSIONS TO DRILL A TEAM!!!!!

I smell a lot of bitters with Internazionale as their favorite Italian team...

Until there is a better option than Lucas (meaning he is sold) and we have a good striker for when Torres is in Barcelona receiving "treatment", we arent ever going to challenge. That could all change before the end of the transfer window of course.

Let's just play the game tomorrow, what happens on the pitch will show where we are. The logic should be that we underperformed massively last season, overperformed the previous season, and with Hodgson should aim to get a minimum of 75-80 points. With the players he has it should be possible.

Whatever he says in press is irrelevant, what the team does is the only thing that matters.

Shocker! Manager tries to take pressure off his team ahead of a difficult opening match of a new season! SHOCKER!!!!!!

Drop this stuff. People just don't think he's good enough. Its all the same shit as last year.

Let's just play the game tomorrow, what happens on the pitch will show where we are. The logic should be that we underperformed massively last season, overperformed the previous season, and with Hodgson should aim to get a minimum of 75-80 points. With the players he has it should be possible.

Whatever he says in press is irrelevant, what the team does is the only thing that matters.

Good post, that. I would say 70 to 80 points is more realistic, but that's a minor point.

No just a lot of LFC fans depressed to have a scrubber as manager.

How about appointing a manager of our own level instead of this maggot?

And yeah, who ever said it we should be getting 80 points with the players that we've got but if anyone thinks Roy Hodgson is gonna get anywhere near 80 points then they should have a fat man vomit all over their newest pair of shoes to break their concentration. Lets rethink our ideas a bit hey?

Hodgson has improved nearly every team he has managed. Rafa has , at best, a choppy CV, but did good with Cuper's and Houllier's teams. The rest is so and so. I'd say we have a far better manager this season and 70-80 points should be a breeze. I trust Gerrard/Torres and Cole's opinion above yours any day.

Good post that

The truth is out there and as you say we will have a good indication of what to expect after this game win lose or draw.

its the performance and the way we play that I will be most intereted in

I completely agree.

No just a lot of LFC fans depressed to have a scrubber as manager.

How about appointing a manager of our own level instead of this maggot?

And yeah, who ever said it we should be getting 80 points with the players that we've got but if anyone thinks Roy Hodgson is gonna get anywhere near 80 points then they should have a fat man vomit all over their newest pair of shoes to break their concentration. Lets rethink our ideas a bit hey?

Repped

Hodgson has improved nearly every team he has managed. Rafa has , at best, a choppy CV, but did good with Cuper's and Houllier's teams. The rest is so and so. I'd say we have a far better manager this season and 70-80 points should be a breeze. I trust Gerrard/Torres and Cole's opinion above yours any day.

Just stop ok.

You don't like the previous manager, but don't start a pissing contest between the pair of them because there is only one winner.

And besides he's gone, you've won.

"After seven training sessions with what I regard as the key players, it is pretty obvious to all that we are a long, long way from being a team like Manchester United, Arsenal or Chelsea.

"I don't even pretend that the team, after six or seven training sessions, are going to be anything like the team we want to be.

"It would be ridiculous to suggest that we can be at the top of our game now in terms of how I want the team to play."

Nothing too earth shattering there.

Steven Gerrard gave an interview on Talksport you can listen to it here Exclusive - Gerrard: 'I'd love to see Arteta in the England team' | talkSPORT.

From 5:35 - he talks about the club - and at 7:29 or so he said exactly the same thing - that it was too early yet for the team to have gelled and for them to start playing the free flowing football that they want too etc

Completely uncalled for and just proves my point about the useless people still in mourning over the Inter-manager.

Not at all.

How about, shock horror, this may seem a bit over optimistic but if your going to sack manager for failure, I dunno, how about getting someone into replace him WHO IS BETTER THAN THE PREVIOUS ONE?

No?

Ok then.

What a load of fucking bollocks.

Hodgson has won some mickey mouse trophies in a mickey mouse league.

Rafa won the UEFA Cup, La Liga, FA Cup & Champions League.

But Roy has improved every team and Rafa has a choppy CV.

You couldn't make it up!

And yeah, who ever said it we should be getting 80 points with the players that we've got but if anyone thinks Roy Hodgson is gonna get anywhere near 80 points then they should have a fat man vomit all over their newest pair of shoes to break their concentration.

I hate fat man's vomit. I had a pretty girl vomit on my shoes once, I found that rather impolite, bordering rude. But then again I believe the vomit reference only applies to others, I said 75-80 points. That is just my expectation of this team, we have god enough players and a manager who has the biggest challenge he has faced in his career. There should be no lack of motivation...

I think he's trying to motivate the players by saying "I don't think you're as good as the other sides, now prove me wrong."

In which case, why didn't he say we'd be lucky to avoid relegation? You motivate players by telling them how good they are, not how bad they are.