You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I like Lucas and Paulson, one is better than people think and the other will be better than people think. Both are good enough to be our holding midfielders in the next couple of seasons. It would be nice to add someone like Defour, but if not I am happy with those two.

Wisdom will be ready by then anyhow.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Lucas and Paulson, one is better than people think and the other will be better than people think. Both are good enough to be our holding midfielders in the next couple of seasons. It would be nice to add someone like Defour, but if not I am happy with those two.

Wisdom will be ready by then anyhow.

If we are aiming for mid table, might get into the Europa League status then I agree that both are good enough. However if we wish to challenge for the Champions League then we are going to need creativity in our midfield and sticking with the same system which was so uninspiring last season but downgrading our defensive capabilities will only take us backwards.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
He's not very good on the ball and he's very very slow which is worrying because he's a harrier rather than a defensive mid who relies on nous like Didi and Makelele. And not to mention he's a massive downgrade on Javier Mascherano.

What an ignorant fucker. Of course he's a downgrade on Mascherano, just about any player in the world is. Certainly for 2.75m up front.

You need to cut the hardman act out on here, it is absolutely cringeworthy. Even more so given someone you criticise daily offered you the chance to meet but unsurprisingly you wouldnt come out from behind that keyboard of yours.

Hard man? What the fuck! I'm just about the least hard man on here. Unless I'm fucking your Mum and sister, then I'm hard.

Yeah, well done. I'm well up for needlessly traveling 200+ miles just to be told I'm an idiot. Like I said, next time I'm in the city - which will be after the takeover - I'll meet them and no mark tossers like you can shut the fuck up.

What an ignorant fucker.

Yeah, well done. I'm well up for needlessly traveling 200+ miles just to be told I'm an idiot. Like I said, next time I'm in the city - which will be after the takeover - I'll meet them and no mark tossers like you can shut the fuck up.

Of course you will. It's always "next time" with people like you. No amount of abuse at me will change the fact you were outed as a coward that day.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Of course you will. It's always "next time" with people like you. No amount of abuse at me will change the fact you were outed as a coward that day.

Okay mate. Fuck it, I'm booking a train ticket now. That's it! I can't take being called a coward on a forum. Tell you what, I'll meet you tomorrow in Bangladesh underneath the old oak tree. If you're not there, you're a coward. Come on, I've 'called you out'. It's always the same with people like you.

Time to grow up, young man.

Lucas and Poulsen mid-filed partnership....stuff dreams are made of.

unless lucas has come on a bagful over the summer then hodgson would be completely fucking mental to make the same mistake as rafa and play two defensive midfielders in every game

Time to grow up, young man.

It's not me being the keyboard warrior. Take your own advice. Oh, and mum and sister jokes were never really funny, not even as 11 year olds.

Answer the question or fuck off.

What an ignorant fucker

Unless I'm fucking your Mum and sister, then I'm hard.

I'll meet them and no mark tossers like you can shut the fuck up.

De Rossi is horribly over rated mate, actually is he even rated? He has done nothing of any real note in his career except a horrible dirty elbow on McBride to warrant any attention whatsoever , wouldn't want him anywhere near LFC.

Fuckin´joke...

Hey Dan, is De Rossi even worse than Skrtel?

And who is your favourite LFC player? Plessis?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It's not me being the keyboard warrior.

I'm more than willing to meet up with you. PM me your details and we'll go out for a pint, see if I can educate you about calling people cowards or saying 'people like you', and why you're likely to be called a cunt for saying it.

Funny thing is, you only became a touchy little prick when I questioned your ignorant opinion. That's the root of the problem here; you got caught out being a touchy, ignorant poster.

Edited by Numero Veinticinco

If we are aiming for mid table, might get into the Europa League status then I agree that both are good enough. However if we wish to challenge for the Champions League then we are going to need creativity in our midfield and sticking with the same system which was so uninspiring last season but downgrading our defensive capabilities will only take us backwards.

I'm not talking about playing them both, I am talking about them strictly being defensive midfielders!

Gerrard, Aquilani, and Shelvey as it stands, or Defour if he could be added, should always play!

Sorry, but Paulson and Lucas sitting, with Gerrard, Maxi, Cole, Torres and Jovonovic is more than enough creativity to be the majority of sides, and that is without taking into account adding a wide player, who, I think is far more important than a creative midfielder.

Fletcher works because of what is in front of him, same goes for Tracy Chapman at Chelsea, and Song at Arsenal.

De Rossi is horribly over rated mate, actually is he even rated? He has done nothing of any real note in his career except a horrible dirty elbow on McBride to warrant any attention whatsoever , wouldn't want him anywhere near LFC.

joint biggest mong comment ever!

I'm more than willing to meet up with you. PM me your details and we'll go out for a pint, see if I can educate you about calling people cowards or saying 'people like you', and why you're likely to be called a cunt for saying it.

Funny thing is, you only became a touchy little prick when I questioned your ignorant opinion. That's the root of the problem here; you got caught out being a touchy, ignorant poster.

Why would I need to meet you? You're the one with the big problem here, you're the one chasing me around the forum abusing me. You're the one calling me "ignorant" because I dont think Poulsen is as good as Mascherano. You're irrelevant to me so why would I want or need to meet you?

The reason I call you a coward is because you stalk Graham around the forum being patronising, condescending and abusive yet when he told you to back up those words in person, you refused. I'm not abusing you so have no need to back that up in person. If you're trying to twist this into me being a coward it really doesnt work because you're the one with the problem in both cases.

If you're that desperate for me to explain why I think you're a keyboard warrior in person and can get to Luton where I work during the week or Liverpool on a weekend when im at home then fine, my weekly routine is pretty much the same all the time so whenever you want is fine with 24 hours or so notice.

De Rossi is a great player on his day....its like you two never have watched football in your life.

One thing I will say about two holding midfielders is this, Rafa got fucking murdered on these forums for using two holding midfielders in most of his games. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not. But alot of people on here blamed Lucas for that whilst others were after Rafas blood.

Have we done a complete U turn now to say its okay to have 2 holding midfielders??

Whelan, if he is looking to play Poulsen and Gerrard in midfield with Lucas as backup then I will not be complaining; however it will still be a significant downgrade on Mascherano and Gerrard. In your comment which I replied to though, you seemed to be saying Poulsen and Lucas would be fine playing together. I would certainly disagree with that point, which perhaps I misunderstood in your post.

Guest TK-421
De Rossi is a great player on his day....its like you two never have watched football in your life.

One thing I will say about two holding midfielders is this, Rafa got fucking murdered on these forums for using two holding midfielders in most of his games. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not. But alot of people on here blamed Lucas for that whilst others were after Rafas blood.

Have we done a complete U turn now to say its okay to have 2 holding midfielders??

I'd be staggered if Lucas and Poulsen are played in tandem for a significant amount of games.

In the last game again Robotnicki the only time Hodgson when ballistic was im pretty certain when Lucas held onto the ball too long and when he finally released the ball to Johnson the full back was offside.

The camera went to Hodgson who was moaning to Sammy Lee that he should have passed it a lot sooner.

Poulsen is a defensive midfielder and i doubt will venture too far forward therefore allowing Gerrard to play alongside him and not have to worry about covering his midfield partner breaking forward.