You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy is hardly going to say "He can't defend, I'd be glad if he leaves" is he?

People going way over the top over a few comments which could easily have been taken out of context.

Can you blame people when all we have is lies coming from the twats in charge and we see the club hanging over a cliff

Can you blame people when all we have is lies coming from the twats in charge and we see the club hanging over a cliff

I understand your fears I do, but theres no way in hell Cecil is going to allow Aurellio to go and then accept a bid for Insua which would leave us with no Senior left back without consulting Hodgson, the Yossi situation is totally different.

We considered a bid for Insua not accepted given he's only 12 months left on his contract, the new manager may not fancy him, but the decision will be hodgsons, if hodgson decides he does'nt want him but wants to buy lets say Konchesky with the money then its his call, if Hodgsons decides he wants to keep him as he sees a player in him then thats what will happen.

If it's true that Roy has no influence over these sales then it's very concerning. However, saying he has to discuss it with the club doesn't necessarily mean that. Will take watching closely, but I don't think we will know exactly what's going on until the end of the transfer window. Signs are not very good though.

Yossi was told by Rafa to get his agent to find a new club so he did by the time Rafa got sacked,and it was another 4 weks before Hodgson was appointed so there was 8 weeks between Rafa telling him to go and a new manager arriving and the deal was done.

The last time I checked the other 2 were still playing for us, yes a bid has been made but I dont see anywhere were Hodgson said it had been accepted, its been considered as he has 12 months left on his contract, IMO its Hodgsons call, keep him or sell him if you think you can improve on him with the fee for him

If there was 8 weeks between Benitez telling him to find a new club and Hodgson being appointed - who at the club finalised the deal?

Yossi was told by Rafa to get his agent to find a new club so he did by the time Rafa got sacked,and it was another 4 weks before Hodgson was appointed so there was 8 weeks between Rafa telling him to go and a new manager arriving and the deal was done.

The last time I checked the other 2 were still playing for us, yes a bid has been made but I dont see anywhere were Hodgson said it had been accepted, its been considered as he has 12 months left on his contract, IMO its Hodgsons call, keep him or sell him if you think you can improve on him with the fee for him

Purslow said that no players would be sold without the manager's say so. Benayoun was sold before Hodgson came in. Ergo Purslow lied.

Insua (if these bids are true) is a player that Hodgson has been quoted as saying he rates, yet he's being hawked around for sale. It's not Hodgson doing it. Why would Hodgson be selling a player that he rates and who is the only left back in our entire squad?

Lucas is another player who many journalists (albeit possibly from the same sourse) are all saying is being offered around. Again, Hodgson is said to rate him, although no quotes this time.

You may want to brush all this off as specualtive, but it sounds to me like Purslow is doing what he said he wouldn't do.

Roy has said talks started before he got here & he doesn't know anything more yet. Your reading into that far too much.

From what I've read of his posts he seems to be assuming that the talks have started - without a manager, by someone on the board - about a transfer of Insua.

What are you suggesting is "far too much" in that?

One of the most worrying things in all this is that we will have had, at the point of negotiation, no replacement (within the squad) for Insua.

Who was looking at a replacement based on the projected fee for Insua and the market availability of other players? Purslow?

The movements that the club is making at the moment are very worrying.

From what I've read of his posts he seems to be assuming that the talks have started - without a manager, by someone on the board - about a transfer of Insua.

What are you suggesting is "far too much" in that?

Nah he was saying Roy has no say & players are getting sold without him having a say.

This aint happening imo.

Nah he was saying Roy has no say & players are getting sold without him having a say.

This aint happening imo.

If it started without him seems pretty difficult for him to have a say

Just as Rafa with Barry people who don't know anything about football seem to be making these decisions and that aint right otherwise how can you judge a manager fairly, they live and die by their successes and failures not by the chief execs purchases and sales

This aint happening imo.

Bennayoun was sold without his say.

So even though the story about Insua having discussions with Fiorentina was in the papers before Hodgson arrived (just like the Bennayoun story), even though Hodgson has given his thoughts on Insua (he likes him as a footballer and a man) and given that Hodgson has said he would have to talk to the club to find out what's happening you don't think all of that is happening.

What are you basing that on?

So even though the story about Insua having discussions with Fiorentina was in the papers before Hodgson arrived (just like the Bennayoun story), even though Hodgson has given his thoughts on Insua (he likes him as a footballer and a man) and given that Hodgson has said he would have to talk to the club to find out what's happening you don't think all of that is happening.

What are you basing that on?

Benayoun wanted to fuck off, he did.

I'm basing it on waiting to see what happens, instead of taking a bloody heart attack over what the rags say.

I have zero interest in any rag.

Hodgson arrived 8 weeks after Rafa told Yossi he was finished, Rafa was fired 4 weeks after he told Yossi was finished, in the mean time after been told to fuck off Yossi recieves an offer including a payrise to play for the league champions, so Yossi been 30 years old sees this as a chance for his last big move, and you really think he should have changed his mind?

the Insua situation is different if it was'nt he would have been sold 10 days ago and not returned to training, a bid was made and its up to Hodgson to decide wethere or not to take it, otherwise he would have been gone already.

Hodgson knows he's on a budget so he's looking at him or thinking will I acccept this bid and replace him with a better player, again this Interview was given in Italian to an Italian radio the wording of it may be a bid odd.

Hodgson will decide this 1.

So is this another Purslow lie then? No players will be sold without the manager's say so? That makes Insua, Lucas and Benayoun already being sold without Hodgson having any input.

No players would be sold before we got a manager, we have now got one so its time to get rid of some of he wasters Rafa brought in.

Nothing wrong with the "club" buying and selling players, it should have happened ages ago in my opinion.

Code thats a joke mate, people like Purslow (same with Parry) should not be making any decisions which rest with a manager.

Its a step away from picking the team.

Some would be perfectly happy if he did that as well - so long as we was picking the team they liked.