You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A partnership like Xavi and Inestia comes along very rare and i'm just loving watching them play together, if anyone thinks Spain are boring then i would really really hate to talk football with them.

Is correct and when you have players like, Pepe, Marchena, Navas, Silva, Mata and Fabregas who cant get in the first team you know they are the best.

Spain play lovely football. I don't see it as boring at all. The are technically on a different level to anyone else. The keep possession and keep it moving really well. They are the 'new Brazil' (going on the great 1970 and 1982 Brazil teams).

The Dutch have done really well to get to the final. They can't be ruled out as they have players who can score or do something special/unexpected, but I would have thought Spain will win this one.

I expect it will be close, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Nando coming off the bench to score the winner.

I lived in Holland during Total Football (1976=1981).

Heart says Holland but Spain will win 1-0.

Either way both are worthy champions in my mind and thank fuck it isn't like last year's pick your poison final between the French and Italians.

Slovakia will always have a pace in my heart.

If Sneijder scores later on and Villa doesn't it's gonna cost me 20 quid so will be pissed off, but if Spain win not too bothered. Saying that though am going for Xabi, Torres and Iniesta to score. Not guessing anything to do with Holland or the final result.

Hahah! That Dirk one is insane. Covered the names up and guessed all of Spain apart from Xabi, am ashamed. Casillas has a serious Elf thing going on too. (or even Gizmo.)

And Capdevila looks like he's just found out Robben won't be playing. Gonna be a long 9hrs 15 mins until it starts..

If Spain win, Torres gets a Coupe du Monde medal

Ergo Torres is happy

Ergo Torres stays with us.

Nothing against Dirk, but that's it for me

Or, Ergo Torres gets to savour the feeling of winning top level honours and wants to do so again and decides he wants to move to a club where he will have a realistic prospect of doing this in the near future. That seems the more likely to me, i'm afraid.

Spain should be playing Arbeloa at left back to counter Robben. Do that and they'll win comfortably otherwise the Dutch have a good chance on the counter as Robben will shit all over Capdevilla

I've been thinking exactly the same thing. If the dutch can get the ball out to Robben he could have a field day against Capdevilla.

Just saw this on BBC and thought it was quite cool :

12:51 Football legend Johan Cruyff:

"Spain is now the great favourite. Del Bosque's team has grown in strength and finds itself in the final at the top of its game. In the semi, Germany played football which would have been enough to beat any team, but not Spain. Spain, a replica of Barca, is the best publicity for football. Who am I supporting? I am Dutch but I support the football that Spain is playing."

Just saw this on BBC and thought it was quite cool :

12:51 Football legend Johan Cruyff:

"Spain is now the great favourite. Del Bosque's team has grown in strength and finds itself in the final at the top of its game. In the semi, Germany played football which would have been enough to beat any team, but not Spain. Spain, a replica of Barca, is the best publicity for football. Who am I supporting? I am Dutch but I support the football that Spain is playing."

Cool, or a bit selfish?

This team could become THE side all the dutch people talk about from now on, rather than the glorious failure Cruyff played in?

Where old Johan is concerned, I tend to side with Gary McAllister!