You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC Glastonbury Coverage

Vincent Vega

Maybe one for the getting old thread but I had a look at the line up and bloody hell I was struggling to find any act that I would be like, yes, definitely want to see them. Maybe Supergrass and JAMC for old times sake and would make an attempt to go watch Yard Act and Wet Leg.

I went in 96 and 98 and it was horrendous trying to decided who to miss because you knew near enough all the acts.

You couldn't pay me to go these days but if I was there I'd just find the quietest part of the site and sit off getting drunk in the sun.

7 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

This year has been fucked because of Brexit & Covid. Very little international bands able to commit. The line-up is fucking grim.

I thought the line up was fucking boss. All a matter of personal taste and opinion of course, what's good for the goose an all that.

The headline acts are spot on, Billie Ellish for the youngsters, Kendrick Lamarr is a top notch American R&B act and of course Macca for Saturday night. On the legends slot you've got a bona fida legend in Diana Ross and I think they've packed the undercards with good acts.

Here's the full list, wish I was going.

"2022 | Glastonbury Festival" https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2022/

Robert Plant (and Alison Krauss) on the Friday late evening sun Pyramid slot is not to be sniffed at. Saw him in a little acoustic tent late one night in 2000 or 2002, the sort of thing Glastonbury used to just be able to throwaway as it pleased. Incredible.

Amazing festival, whatever the line-up is doing, and you’ll always find great music shoe-horned in all over the shop away from the main stages and prime slots. 

Used to love circling the handful of non-negotiable, I will be at this gig at this time events of the weekend at the start, then just seeing where the going was good for the rest of the time there and discovering things by chance. If that meant missing someone you’d ideally like to see but who weren’t in the cannot be missed category, by definition you were being rewarded with something unexpectedly great.

Sitting in a scorching hot field, nicely bombed and watching the Sunday late afternoon/early evening legend slot is always pure class and one of the best ways to spend a summer day in England.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Is their anything worse than someone going on about fucking Glastonbury and their attendance at the event, imagine if I cared, fucking hell.

Is their anything worse than someone moaning about someone going on about enjoying themselves at an event on the very thread about that event? 

4 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Great band. Amy is one hell of a front woman. Gives it everything. 

Yeah she's boss her. 

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Der on me.. I honestly thought Cloggy was fucking around... a band called Amyl and the sniffers?  fucking hell what's this world come to?

Pussy Riot